PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestions] Sort submissions without keywords, by date, or by popularity.

Emrinel
04-27-2013, 09:15 AM
Hi there, I have a few suggestions for the browsing feature that I think would be pleasant additions. Here is my wishlist:

- I would like to be able to sort submissions without having to search for a phrase or keyword. That is, if that little search panel that comes up when you type in a search word (in the browse section) was there all the time or instantly expanded to it's fullest extent without having to search for a word first.

- It would be nice if we could sort pictures by various dates (similar to DA, 1 day, 1 week, 1 month, etc).

- I would also like the ability to sort submissions by popularity, or rather by how many favorites or how many page views a submission gets.

In addition to these browse feature suggestions, I think it would also be cool to have a "most popular today" section somewhere on the front page (calculated based on some submission stat that could be decided on by the staff, like pageviews or favorites.), without getting rid of what is already there. Even just adding such a tab to the bar underneath the "latest uploads" section (the one that has the clickable options labeled "random art, literature, multimedia, characters") would be good enough in my opinion.

I'm not trying to instigate a popularity struggle within the community or anything (if anyone is worried about that happening, I understand), I just like to be able to find the more professional looking images quickly without having to look through mountains of sketches and randomness all the time in order to find those gems.

Lastly, I'm excited for groups to be implemented, but I know they are a WIP at the moment. Thanks for reading/considering any of these proposals fellow Weasyls.

foxboyprower
06-15-2013, 12:44 PM
I'd like that. Also sofurry just got an update on their search system. It looks pretty good so I would suggest checking that out just because it's pretty cool and handy.