PDA

View Full Version : Life Expectancy of Bamboo Create Tablet

Aakosir
04-17-2013, 05:27 PM
I have had my tablet for a little over a year now and it keeps messing up! I've tried troubleshooting the problems that I have been having, but I cannot find what is going on. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the software many times and it works good for a few days then it's right back to what it was doing. The cursor does not work properly on the tablet. It jumps around and then moves at a snails pace when my mouse touchpad works normally. It will not follow my pen at the correct speed and sometimes is not even in the correlating position on the screen.

I have a feeling my tablet is dying, but still can't find much help. Does this sound right? Is it dying? Or is it just a software bug, like I'm hoping.

JRWenzel
04-17-2013, 10:51 PM
Is the tablet being used near anything that could be generating a magnetic field?

Aakosir
04-18-2013, 11:17 AM
Not that I know of. I sit on my bed with only the tablet and computer on it.

TigerBeacon
04-18-2013, 02:53 PM
I'd say ship it back to Wacom for repairs, but I don't remember how long their warranty lasts. It might only be for a year, but if it was still under warranty they repair it free of charge. Before that, try e-mailing Wacom's technical support for their opinion on it.

Anyway, I have the older Bamboo Pen and Touch and pushing three years now and still works perfectly save for a cord problem (bending it a certain way disconnects it). I did have a problem with the first Bamboo's cord and sent it back to Wacom and they essentially replaced it with a new one.

JRWenzel
04-19-2013, 10:35 AM
TigerBeacon brought up a good point; it could be that the cord connection is starting to get twitchy.
Also, have you tried replacing the nip in the stylus?

Aakosir
04-19-2013, 10:49 AM
TigerBeacon brought up a good point; it could be that the cord connection is starting to get twitchy.
Also, have you tried replacing the nip in the stylus?

Yup. I am on my second or third nib. I'll go through my paperwork to see if it is still under warranty. I always forget about things like that! Thanks for bringing that up. My connection is a little wonky too, but this one does have wireless capabilities. If the warranty is up, I'll see about getting the wireless tools.

Edit: Just checked out my warranty and it is only good for a year... So that's no good. I sent an email to tech support though so let's see what they say.

Aakosir
04-19-2013, 09:36 PM
My issue was resolved for now an hopefully for a while. It was because of the new swipe gesture feature. I just had to turn that darn thing off and it's working perfectly now! I hope to have this tablet for many years before I NEED a new one

JRWenzel
04-20-2013, 02:13 AM
Glad to read it got worked out. :)