PDA

View Full Version : Flicking fuckering problem!

Ibuuyk
04-10-2013, 09:26 PM
For an hour or so my screen's been flickering like crazy. I checked the cables, switched from HDMI to VGA and back, tried different refresh rates, updated the drivers. That fixed nothing (but at least my drivers are up-to-date now).

Checked my GPU for dust (clean), checked it for broken parts (not broken), ran Furmark (no problem even at 80C and still silent as a fart even with the fan at 82%).

Ran a virus scan just in case, all clean. So, my computer is fine, the cables are fine, the settings are fine, the GPU is fine and the drivers are fine, which only leaves the monitor itself.

It's still under warranty so before I call the company to ship it back and get it checked, anyone of you has some other test I can do to try and fix this flickering? It's making my eyes hurt.

EDIT: Extra info! I've started having this problem the second I went on this page http://www.mangareader.net/458-46398-28/pokemon-adventures/chapter-351.html

Now when I go on it and go back to my desktop or another page, the center of the screen is like, burned there or something and when I switch back to this page, the flickering becomes frantic and it actually worsen the longer I'm there. When I restart my computer it calms down a LOT.

Mayhem
04-11-2013, 01:23 PM
Desktop or laptop?

What's the refresh rate set to in Windows?

Did you recently install a new video card?

Do you have a spare or can pick up a spare 10$ card to swap out to see if its your card?

Ibuuyk
04-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Desktop.

No.

No. And I've already made sure it wasn't my card.

Also the flickering stopped over time (like, it slowly got better over the span of 2-3 hours) after switching manga sites. I surely won't go to THAT site anymore, what's the with monitor-breaking background.

AquaVixen
04-13-2013, 12:19 AM
I'm not sure of your problem but I went to the site on both of my computers, and pushed the site between 2 screens on my gaming machine and one here, and it doesn't effect any of my screens. So.. most likely not the site causing your issues. Maybe your web browser?

Ibuuyk
04-13-2013, 09:23 AM
I'm not sure of your problem but I went to the site on both of my computers, and pushed the site between 2 screens on my gaming machine and one here, and it doesn't effect any of my screens. So.. most likely not the site causing your issues. Maybe your web browser?

Doubt it, I use Firefox.

AquaVixen
04-13-2013, 12:57 PM
Well if you're still having problems it couldn't hurt to try something else could it? Try the same site in IE or chrome just to see if that's the issue. It's just software.. you can un-install it at any time.

Almost all modern web browsers use the 3D card to display websites now, is why I thought it might be the browser.

Mayhem
04-13-2013, 01:00 PM
I really dont think it was the website. Unless the java in that website with firefox suddenly jumped up and used a shit ton of ram and that just effected your monitor.

We have been having troubles with Nicotines Monitors and thats more of they will go black, turn it back on it stays on for a mere second then turns back off. It was a backlight problem and we just craiglist and bought a 20inch for 20$. Sometimes its simpler to just do that. This new monitor works great. I would just watch craiglist for a bit till you get a good deal and upgrade. if it turns out to not be the monitor.....at least you got a new upgraded monitor.

Ibuuyk
04-13-2013, 01:50 PM
But I got this monitor in January. It's brand new and still under warranty so why would I replace it?

Besides, craigslist doesn't exist here.