PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] Staff Involvement

Matt
07-30-2012, 02:50 AM
Hi. You guys are great, and the fact you've got this far in developing a new art site is pretty yay yay yay.

Why is there a notification that an admin has contributed to a thread on the forum? If official action has been taken, it'd be pretty patent. Shit moves and functions elsewhere. However, if a staff member wants to discuss some fun shit, it seems counterproductive to have that discussion contribution get neon flashy on the front page of the forum. It seems to detract attention from the the discussion itself and focus it on the fact that an admin contributed. It seems to crystallize the administration. Seems.

I think I'm being dumb here, so if someone could give me vision then I'd appreciate it. Now just seems like the time to mention.

Taw
07-30-2012, 04:36 AM
It's more for things in General Discussion/Site Support and such I guess so you can find all the staff posts if there's anything going on; probably more relevant when the mainsite is open and such. I'll see what I can do in regards to disabling it in certain sections, added to my to-do list.

Taw
08-07-2012, 04:17 PM
It now only shows up in the thread listings in the following forums:

Site Discussion
Site and Forum Support
Ferret Sections
Premium Section

It will still show in thread views though for navigation purposes if you desire to see what they posted anyways.

Matt
08-08-2012, 02:03 PM
:cool: Thanks for getting on the suggestion so fast, dude. You guys are quick.