PDA

View Full Version : cartoon movies?

kuto
03-24-2013, 05:56 PM
what cartoons do you think should have a movie, they don't have to be live action just something for theatrical release cause who doesn't love a good animated movie. I personally think there needs to be a 2d theatrical film based on gravity falls, it would not only boost views on the show but hopefully bring 2d animation back to the big screen

rbartrop
03-27-2013, 10:07 AM
Jonny Quest

Aden
03-27-2013, 12:18 PM
Johnny Quest Bravo

fixed

Tigercougar
03-27-2013, 04:46 PM
20 years too late, but I think a Ren & Stimpy movie would've been hilarious.

kuto
03-28-2013, 12:16 AM
that would be interesting, i was about to say johhny quest did get a movie, and a pretty good one at that.

- - - Updated - - -

it could work providing if everyone would do there job.

rbartrop
03-28-2013, 02:16 AM
fixed

Thanks, but I had it right the first time.

Aden
03-28-2013, 11:35 AM
Thanks, but I had it right the first time.

Why not both? \:3/

Python Blue
04-06-2013, 01:45 PM
Invader Zim was pretty good, in my opnion. A shame Nick cancelled it after only a season or two.

Damian
04-06-2013, 08:23 PM
Static Shock

Tigercougar
04-07-2013, 11:56 AM
Static Shock

Hm - I remember that cartoon but other than the ethnicity of the protagonist I remember that it was pretty average IMO.

RayleneQuinn
04-07-2013, 08:40 PM
YES!! I agree!

- - - Updated - - -

Hm - I remember that cartoon but other than the ethnicity of the protagonist I remember that it was pretty average IMO.

I think that might be because they obviously made a point to use the show as a way to educate kids about rights and wrongs. Like the episode where a kid brought a gun to get pay back on a bully.

Mayhem
04-08-2013, 12:25 PM
I would like to see anything from comics made into a movie. Cartoon version or not. Like Young justice for instance.

But reguardless of what cartoon it is I would like some of the original people to be behind it. Like if its Xmen, this time I would love to see a writer from Xmen step up and write it and let the writer and artist help the producer keep the movie true. Technology is up to par now that any cartoon or movie could be made justice of as long as the director sticks even close to how it should be.

Saying I want a great cartoon I love made into a movie scares me. There is this LONG history of jacking up things when they take them to movie. Everyone wants to recreate everything when take it to movie, thus jacking up what people love most the time about that cartoon/comic

RayleneQuinn
04-08-2013, 12:43 PM
I would like to see anything from comics made into a movie. Cartoon version or not. Like Young justice for instance.

But reguardless of what cartoon it is I would like some of the original people to be behind it. Like if its Xmen, this time I would love to see a writer from Xmen step up and write it and let the writer and artist help the producer keep the movie true. Technology is up to par now that any cartoon or movie could be made justice of as long as the director sticks even close to how it should be.

Saying I want a great cartoon I love made into a movie scares me. There is this LONG history of jacking up things when they take them to movie. Everyone wants to recreate everything when take it to movie, thus jacking up what people love most the time about that cartoon/comic

The perfect example is probably when they turned Avatar: The Last Airbender into a movie. That never should have happened.

Mayhem
04-08-2013, 02:10 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!

There are many other movies that are horrible like that.....we all wait and see how this TMNT movie will work. I mean he already dropped the bomb he is turning them into aliens..... so yea...

Tigercougar
04-08-2013, 05:44 PM
EXACTLY!!!!!

There are many other movies that are horrible like that.....we all wait and see how this TMNT movie will work. I mean he already dropped the bomb he is turning them into aliens..... so yea...

I'm just amused that the same turtles I was gawking at as a kid (via the 80s cartoon and 90s live-action films) are going to be gawked at by this generation of kids. TMNT is apparently the next Scooby Doo.

JRWenzel
04-08-2013, 10:07 PM
Static ShockOriginal story line or Young Justice story line?

A takeoff on Secret Saturdays might be good.

Soreiya
04-08-2013, 11:27 PM
Cybersix could make a pretty damn good movie if done right. I would want a full version of the op song as well. *shakes fist*

If I want to go old school perhaps something like Ulysses 31? We need more adult leads in cartoon movies.

Aokamidu
04-09-2013, 01:53 AM
Cybersix was fantastic - it's too bad to fell the way of the Iron Giant and became an underrated classic, especially with TMS's animation. A movie-length version would be so cool.

I can't think of anything pre-existing presently that needs to be adapted as a movie; we need more original animation stories that provoke the audience's mind, not colour-by-numbers fodder.

Soreiya
04-09-2013, 07:15 AM
Sad thing is that there isn't much original work being done... Everything seems to be based off of something or other.

I think the Gargoyles cartoon would make an awesome movie as well. *is feeling nostalgic today*

rbartrop
04-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Avatar: The Last Airbender, only this time, hand the original creators $50 million or so, and tell them to go niuts.

Hewge
04-10-2013, 10:58 AM
^ What that guy said.

Lucy Bones
04-10-2013, 02:16 PM
King of the Hill movie.

/thread

Damian
04-11-2013, 09:29 PM

I liked it. Though it wasn't as good as Jackie Chan Adventures but I don't see how THAT could be made into a movie.

Rsyk
04-12-2013, 12:09 PM
I liked it. Though it wasn't as good as Jackie Chan Adventures but I don't see how THAT could be made into a movie.

Static was a big part of my life when it was out. I liked superhero stuff in general at the time, so I was kinda watching everything.
Looking back it was...ambitious. It was a children's show first and foremost, but it did try to tackle some more "adult" issues like gang violence and the school shooting episode. In the end, it didn't really push hard enough to become classic like Batman: TAS did, but it never came close to failing as hard as something like Captain Planet.
That said, I still have a tremendous amount of affection for the character, and I think they could definitely do a fantastic movie adaptation with the right people.

Tiger
04-21-2013, 02:21 PM
Teen Titans would be pretty sweet, I really liked that show. I've been meaning to go through and watch the whole series some time but I've never gotten around to it. Beast Boy = the best.

Colooring1977
05-25-2013, 05:46 AM
Tom and Jerry...

sassySloth
01-04-2014, 11:23 PM
What cartoon should be made into a movie?

Gargoyles. Like all day every day Gargoyles. Half of the multi-episode specials played out like movies anyway.

Krespo
01-05-2014, 08:21 AM
A Samurai Jack film concluding Jack's journey would be pretty sweet.

QT Melon
01-05-2014, 08:19 PM
Phoenix Wright needs its own animated movie.