PDA

View Full Version : Question about shouts

cutsycat
03-19-2013, 11:40 AM
I apologize if this info is somewhere and I missed it, but I'm a new user. I was wondering if the shouts were intended to be pg so that everyone could see them? Or are we allowed to make adult shouts? If we're allowed to make adult shouts then perhaps we should be able to mark the shouts as 18+.

I would think that one could make adult shouts with other adults, but that's just me.

Fiz
03-19-2013, 06:57 PM
Shouts and comments really aren't moderated on the "ratings" scale. Just use common sense. Don't use shouts to harass people, link illegal material, send adult material to minors, things like that.

Basically, yes, you can make adult shouts, but like I said, use common sense with it.

Mayhem
03-19-2013, 07:11 PM
I have seen a lot of stuff like this before. A rating system of comments would be kinda cool. Like just a little checkbox for Adult or something.

On DA and FA I have seen people really go nuts with the whole rping thing out in public. Getting kinda raunchy and way over pg

Term
03-20-2013, 12:45 PM
I believe that considering what the rating is of a certain submission or journal can help show what they expected level of conversation is, based on the content of the original material.

As far as "Shouts" are concerned, if a user feels that certain comments on their shout page are inappropriate, due to harrasment/sexual content/etc., they need only message us using our support e-mail and our staff will investigate the issue.

I personally don't however see why we should have certain ratings applied to comments. That seems like a bit of an unnecessary step to go when someone simply wants to say "thanks for a watch/nice to see you" on a shout page or leave a critique or general comment regarding someone's submission or journal.