PDA

View Full Version : Commission Feature Question

kynliod
03-08-2013, 03:33 PM
I'm new to the site and still exploring, and trying to navigate some of the features.

I filled out some info about my commission prices and so forth, but the question I have is how to work the commission feature from the buyer's end. Is there a buy button somewhere, or is it all done through private messages...?

Thanks, guys!

Tiger
03-08-2013, 04:02 PM
As far as I know, there's no feature for the buyer when they purchase a commission. The commission feature is for prices and related information. The communication from artist to buyer is through the PM system, or whatever other means of communication they decide on (e-mail, Skype, etc.)

Nightpaws
03-08-2013, 06:02 PM
When you purchase from an artist the transaction is between yourself and the artist. Weasyl plays no part in it other than showing their art. ;-)

The safest way is to pay via PayPal and agree on the terms before any art is drawn or any money transferred.

kynliod
03-10-2013, 10:22 PM
Thanks, guys!

Nightpaws
03-11-2013, 05:34 AM
Thanks, guys!
No worries! :D

Varden
03-12-2013, 09:47 PM
Okay sure but what about a commissions tab. I don't remember if there is one. Alls I remember is it saying Open, closed, and Maybe.

Nightpaws
03-13-2013, 04:20 AM
Okay sure but what about a commissions tab. I don't remember if there is one. Alls I remember is it saying Open, closed, and Maybe.

Yep, that's the toggle for the info at the top right of your profile. You can use it to say whether or not you are accepting commissions etc. If you're not an artist then it doesn't really apply to you.