PDA

View Full Version : More IM choices on forum?

Woggle
03-03-2013, 02:50 PM
And/or social networks. I'm on Y!, Gtalk and FB messenger, but my profile only offers Y! here, although the main site offers more, and i have seen other forums offer more.

Sparky15756
03-03-2013, 09:45 PM
I can understand why Facebook/Facebook Messenger (It's the same thing >.>) isn't listed, because of potential privacy issues, but Google+/GTalk does baffle me though it's hardly used if I'm honest.

Nightpaws
03-03-2013, 10:03 PM
A lot of people now use Google+/Talk for the same as facebook which would explain that. Most forums don't give you the option of those for that exact reason.
The last thing you want is some troll being able to find your facebook and use that to pester you.

Taw
03-03-2013, 11:02 PM
At this point in time we aren't focusing on additions to the instant messaging section of the forum. It's on the backburner while we work on other important fixes.

The current instant messaging handles should be the following: AIM, MSN, Yahoo, Skype and ICQ.

In the future we may look into adding additional messengers, but it really isn't high on our priority list at the moment.

For now, a temporary solution would be to add your desired handles for others to contact you in your signature.

Sparky15756
03-04-2013, 11:22 AM
But who uses ICQ? D:

Nightpaws
03-04-2013, 01:20 PM
Clearly the developers of bulletin :P