PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Link back to Weasyl from Tumblr/Forum

Nightpaws
03-03-2013, 10:51 AM
The forum and Tumblr pages both link to each other and Twitter but none of them actually link back to the main site.

Obviously on Twitter this isn't really an option as it's a fixed layout but links on the other two would save people having to visit their bookmarks or retype the main-site address to return there. Even if it were just to make the Weasyl logo at the top of the forum redirect to http://Weasyl.com that'd be great :)

(Edit: Just realized the Tumblr does redirect, but the forum doesn't. Whoops!)

weykent
03-03-2013, 02:15 PM
the 'home' link at the top of the forums links to the weasyl mainsite. I've mistakenly clicked it quite frequently trying to get to the front of the forums.

Nightpaws
03-03-2013, 02:49 PM
I just figured out why I missed this.

When I reinstalled windows I forgot to install my graphics drivers, so I've been running as lower resolution and it had gone off the side. I moved to a new monitor at the same time so I never noticed the difference.

Mega derp on my behalf, sorry!

Onnes
03-03-2013, 03:05 PM
the 'home' link at the top of the forums links to the weasyl mainsite. I've mistakenly clicked it quite frequently trying to get to the front of the forums.

I think the confusing part is that "Home" goes to the main site whereas clicking the Weasyl logo brings you to the forums index.

Taw
03-03-2013, 11:04 PM
"Home" is referring to the home site, which is www.weasyl.com (http://www.weasyl.com) - we didn't really know what else to call it without it looking too awkward, so it was kind of left without a name change from the default tab name. If you have any suggestions for what you think we should rename it to, we would be glad to hear them. c:

Thestory
03-04-2013, 12:24 AM
"site" might work better for some people. Ive also accidently clicked it to get to the forum home page.

Taw
03-04-2013, 02:19 AM
"site" might work better for some people. Ive also accidently clicked it to get to the forum home page.

We were gonna call it "Main site" or something at one point but "Site" could work. I'll discuss it with Eminoxic sometime and bounce ideas around and ask him his opinion on that. Thanks! If you have any other suggestions for it, lemme know. :3

Nightpaws
03-04-2013, 04:26 AM
"Return" could work as most people will have arrived here from the main site.

Just bouncing another idea of the wall to see if it bounces back

Tiger
03-04-2013, 03:23 PM
"Return" could work as most people will have arrived here from the main site.

Just bouncing another idea of the wall to see if it bounces back

I see what you're saying, and it does make sense, but I actually have both the forums and mainsite on my bookmarks toolbar so I always just open each one in its own tab rather then going to the forums through the main site link. In that case seeing a Return button would be kinda confusing.

Nightpaws
03-04-2013, 03:55 PM
Fair enough. It can't be an image, can it?

Tiger
03-04-2013, 04:02 PM
Fair enough. It can't be an image, can it?

You mean like the "Home" button could be an image?

Nightpaws
03-04-2013, 04:57 PM
You mean like the "Home" button could be an image?
Yeah, I've no idea what, but an image says 1000 words, or so I've been told :3