PDA

View Full Version : About streaming notifications

Ibuuyk
02-27-2013, 01:09 PM
When someone is streaming and that gives a notification, it says "[user] is now streaming artwork live!".

Does that mean you're only allowed to stream artwork? Can't you stream like, games or live chats or something?

Term
02-27-2013, 01:49 PM
When someone is streaming and that gives a notification, it says "[user] is now streaming artwork live!".

Does that mean you're only allowed to stream artwork? Can't you stream like, games or live chats or something?

While we don't technically have rules against streaming things like games, live chats, and movies, the intent for making it a feature was to allow users to easily find artists who are currently working on something, be it a drawing/painting, editing video, or some other action directly associated with art. We are, after all, an art community.

But again, currently we have no rule against streaming things other than art. We do encourage though that the feature is used for art-related purposes.

Selkiegal
03-15-2013, 12:41 PM
I actually have a question in regards to this: Someone I follow uses this feature quite often. Pretty much every time I log in I have a notification that they are streaming.

Does this notification clear automatically once they are done streaming? I feel like it would make more sense if it disappeared once the user marked that they aren't streaming anymore. Otherwise it's just more notification spam that has to be cleared out.