PDA

View Full Version : SFW/NSFW button suggestion

ReddWulf
02-23-2013, 10:45 AM
I had an idea whilst browsing through art on weasyl and sipping my coffee this morning. Is anyone farmilliar with the NSFW/SFW button on FA? Such a button, that would easily enable and disable mature submissions, would be great for people on laptops in public, at work, at home with the kids, etc. It would be a great feature for Weasyl! What do you guys think? It would save the hassle of having to go through your settings, profile, etc, to turn mature off while in public places and wot-not. ;)

mwalimu
02-23-2013, 11:34 AM
I concur with this, or something similar to it. A few days ago I posted a suggestion to have a content level variable stored in a browser cookie or similar, something that resides on the user's computer, which could then be set appropriately on each computer, e.g. keep it SFW on my office computer, allow NSFW on my home computer.

Pathea
02-23-2013, 11:39 AM
I agree with that.
I think this could be cool to have buttons for every drawing individually, like on deviantArt. Because some time I want to see NSFW drawing, but others time, I don't want. And I don't want to go in my settings everytime to change the Maximum Viewable Content Rating.

ShadWolf
02-23-2013, 11:57 AM
I think there was a similar topic on this subject already that was passed through suggestions.

Tiger
02-23-2013, 04:05 PM
I think there was a similar topic on this subject already that was passed through suggestions.

Yup. This thread (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1974-Suggestion-Content-rating-by-computer&highlight=NSFW%2FSFW+button). There's another thread I'm thinking of that it has been suggested on as well, but I'm not having luck finding it.

Aakosir
02-23-2013, 08:29 PM
I do really like the SFW toggle on FA. I have kids running around and some things are obviously not appropriate for them.

athdaraxen
02-26-2013, 04:36 PM
I'm all for this, mostly as I'm not really into NSFW stuff but I like to see everything else. XD

null offset
02-27-2013, 07:18 AM
This is a good idea. Such a good idea that it's already in the sticked Common Suggestions List (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1003-Common-Suggestions-List) thread!