PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Submission notifications

mwalimu
02-22-2013, 07:29 PM
A feature that was oft-desired but never implemented on FA - would it be possible to offer different ways to organize the display of submission notifications? I haven't received enough of them yet to see how they're ordered, but they appear to be ordered by time added with no other options to sort or organize them any other way. If it's not already supported, I would first suggest there be an option to separate by type (art/literary/multimedia/character). I would also like to be able to organize by submitter - if I follow a lot of people and I'm away from the site long enough to accumulate a sizable backlog of submissions, it would greatly simplify the task of working through them if I could sort on the submitter field. Maybe also consider showing only those with specified tags, content ratings, etc. I'm not sure how feasible these would be, but it would be nice regardless to have some other options besides the default order.

Rattoyagi
02-22-2013, 10:08 PM
I like the idea of organizing them by the submitter. That'd be a great feature.

ShadWolf
02-23-2013, 09:35 AM
This idea's sorta similar to DeviantArt. They use Stacks which is sorta like a mini-folder for users when they've submitted a bunch of art over time it all gets bundled into a stack to make it easier for viewing. I kinda like that, makes things much more tidier. ^_^

foxboyprower
02-27-2013, 06:32 PM
I made a forum thread (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1397-New-submissions-by-artist)
about sorting submission by artist. But different people like seeing submissions sorted in different ways. Basically the way DA does things with submission alerts is perfect. (except with their journal alerts which is awkwardly tacked onto artwork alerts)

Generally art sites could take a lot of tips from DA. They've been around for a while and have developed a lot of handy features for their users.