PDA

View Full Version : No way to edit/remove comments/shouts?

SuburbanFox
02-21-2013, 08:35 PM
More a feature request than a bug this time :)

Scenario - someone posts something on my shouts that I really want to make disappear. Either it's someone I don't want to appear on there, or they've said something I don't want on my profile page... So I hover over the shout... and all I can do is reply.

What I'd like - a "delete" option (with a "do you really want to delete this?" confirmation first)...

Same goes for comments people have made on my submissions - I'd either like to hide or delete those. "Comment hidden by the submitter" or words to that effect.

It'd also be nice if this could be extended to comments I've made - either allow me to edit or hide/delete them for, say, 30 minutes after I've posted them, or until someone posts a reply - whichever comes first. The latter simply to avoid breaking message threading.

Ibuuyk
02-21-2013, 09:54 PM
That's already been suggested many times and I must admit I have no idea why it's not implemented yet. You'd think that'd be a pretty basic feature.

weykent
02-22-2013, 12:22 AM
That's already been suggested many times and I must admit I have no idea why it's not implemented yet. You'd think that'd be a pretty basic feature.

even a "basic feature" takes time to implement, test, stage, review, and deploy. the technical team is slim and made up of people who all have fulltime professional work too.

yes, I'm aware of it. yes, it'll get done sometime. no, trying to nag, guilt, or demean me like that isn't going to get it done any faster. thanks.

Ibuuyk
02-22-2013, 12:53 AM
I wasn't demeaning you, sorry if you got that impression. It's just that it seems more complicated and less important things have been implemented while this (relatively) important feature has yet to be.

Fay V
02-22-2013, 01:19 AM
I wasn't demeaning you, sorry if you got that impression. It's just that it seems more complicated and less important things have been implemented while this (relatively) important feature has yet to be.

I think the important word there is "seems". The coders are working hard, but in general the idea is, the more important the more time will take to implement properly. Even if it "seems" small, it takes time and effort, and we don't have a huge group of coders. They are working on things, we are working on this and many other fixes, but we also are working on making sure the site is stable from the increased activity, and many other things.
It will come, you guys aren't being ignored, just don't get confused when something seems simple, because it's not when there's a large number of simple things that need doing all at once.

weykent
02-22-2013, 01:48 AM
It will come, you guys aren't being ignored, just don't get confused when something seems simple, because it's not when there's a large number of simple things that need doing all at once.

this is exactly it—I forgot to add it to my original post. most of our fixes are "basic features". there's just a huge pile of them to do.

Ibuuyk
02-22-2013, 10:14 AM
Ah, get it. Thanks for the enlightenment :3

SuburbanFox
02-23-2013, 10:20 PM
In that case, am I right in thinking that if an objectionable comment were placed on a user's submission, a mainsite admin could remove it via whatever admin interface they have access to?

Fiz
02-23-2013, 11:57 PM
In that case, am I right in thinking that if an objectionable comment were placed on a user's submission, a mainsite admin could remove it via whatever admin interface they have access to?

If need be, yes, we can do that.

Kihari
02-23-2013, 11:57 PM

That is correct, just email support@weasyl.com directing us to the offending comments and we will take care of it for you.

Kepler
02-25-2013, 03:19 AM
Thread title mostly explains it, but I'd like the ability to delete my own posts, and on my own submissions, be able to delete comments other users have made, should they be inflammatory or unwanted.

weykent
02-25-2013, 03:26 AM
merging threads on the same subject; moving both to the most appropriate forum.