PDA

View Full Version : Booze Thread!

TangoDelahunt
02-19-2013, 06:29 PM
I looked around and did not see one so here we go! What kind of alcohol do you enjoy? For me it depends on my mood. Mostly I drink Johnny Walker Black Label straight in shot glasses. Sometimes if I'm feeling classy I'll go with a nice merlot wine. As far as beer I drink guiness, Killian's red, or a Trappist wheat beer from the specialty store down the road.

I also enjoy mead, honey wine, and the occasional margarita.

Ibuuyk
02-19-2013, 06:51 PM
My family's wine, all the way! Sadly it's discontinued now since the last wine maker in the family died a few years ago.

We've been making wine since the middle ages; that centuries-old tradition got killed by that one law that was passed that made homebrewing illegal.

Onnes
02-19-2013, 07:08 PM
My favorite booze is booze.

Let's see, I usually drink craft beer. IPAs, Belgian ales, stouts, porters, or really any beer that doesn't suck. My personal favorites include Gulden Draak, Old Rasputin, Goose Island Bourbon County, and Trappistes Rochefort 10.
I also drink straight Bourbon when I need something more drunkardly. Johnny Walker Black, Woodford Reserve, and Maker's Mark are decent common whiskeys. Less common would be Bourbons like Rowan's Creek or Elijah Craig.

Kanagrooboy
02-19-2013, 07:28 PM
I enjoy the drink greatly. I'm a big lover of dark beers/ales, my usual brands being Newcastle, Guinness, and Arrogant Bastard. As for hard liquor, I can really only handle whiskey and rum straight (spiced preferred), the rest I prefer in cocktails only. As for my wines, I love a good aromatic red.

serbus
02-19-2013, 07:37 PM
I usually stick to wine, but during the summer and fall I make a sexy hard cider that my friends and I enjoy at our D&D meets.

I lost my good yeast culture this winter though cause I was an idiot and it exploded. >< So I'm eagerly awaiting summer so I can try to collect some more.

Kanagrooboy
02-19-2013, 07:48 PM
I usually stick to wine, but during the summer and fall I make a sexy hard cider that my friends and I enjoy at our D&D meets.

I lost my good yeast culture this winter though cause I was an idiot and it exploded. >< So I'm eagerly awaiting summer so I can try to collect some more.

Home brewing can be awesome. A coworker of mine brewed his own batch of stout and mead. We're eagerly awaiting while it ages so we can pop the stuff open! And you gotta watch out with that yeast, it could cause some trouble. I remember when I was very young, my great grandfather was making wine, and I was there when the pressure blew a valve off a cask. Hit him square in the forehead.

TangoDelahunt
02-19-2013, 07:49 PM

D&D you say? I'm considering running a 3.5 D&D/Pathfinder game over Skype sometime.

Sanita

KaneQuicktail
02-19-2013, 07:56 PM
Jack Daniels Old No. 7, Gentleman Jack, Jaegermeister, Kracken spiced rum for the hard liquors.

I can't drink too much beer as it gives me migraines and a 100% chance of hangover, Blue Moon, Shock Top, Magic Hat and several local craft brews throughout Central NY

serbus
02-19-2013, 09:35 PM
@Kangaroo: Yeah, it can be dangerous if you forget to release the pressure or if you don't have a pressure valve. I don't do any beers because I made a vow as a kid not to drink beer until I reached Germany and I have yet to put my foot down on German soil. XD If that ever happens though I'm totally adding hops to my garden. I've made a couple good wines, but I generally stick to the cider cause I'm not patient enough to let it sit too long.

@Sanita: D&D is a good classic, but I'm getting a bit burnt out by it. We're gonna try a Serenity game soon, which I'm GMing, so we'll see how that goes. ><

Damian
02-20-2013, 10:49 AM
I looooooove Mudslides. They're probably my absolute favorite followed by Strawberry Daiquiris and Monkey Juice. Rum and coke is also good for just casual drinking

Rakuen Growlithe
02-20-2013, 11:06 AM
Champagne (technically sparkling wine) is probably my favourite. I even had some Moet recently, though it wasn't as amazing as I would've hoped for. There is a really nice South African sparkling wine though. Other than that I often drink these fruity drinks, not sure exactly what they are, and I had some good port and sherry so those currently rank up high for me.

TangoDelahunt
02-20-2013, 12:15 PM
Champagne (technically sparkling wine) is probably my favourite. I even had some Moet recently, though it wasn't as amazing as I would've hoped for. There is a really nice South African sparkling wine though. Other than that I often drink these fruity drinks, not sure exactly what they are, and I had some good port and sherry so those currently rank up high for me.

I've heard that South Africa has some really nice honey wines as well. I can't remember the brand of one I got from there but my mate, Vizaxyn absolutely loved it. Apparently it was based off of a tribal recipe that was about 1,500 years old or something of that nature. I'll have to pick up another bottle sometime. I've only had sparkling wines a couple of times. What brands from South Africa would you suggest, Rakuen?

Sanita

Tigercougar
02-20-2013, 12:24 PM
No alcohol for me. I just can't get past the nasty taste to enjoy the effects of it. So I just 'chug down' sodas.

Rakuen Growlithe
02-20-2013, 12:30 PM
I've heard that South Africa has some really nice honey wines as well. I can't remember the brand of one I got from there but my mate, Vizaxyn absolutely loved it. Apparently it was based off of a tribal recipe that was about 1,500 years old or something of that nature. I'll have to pick up another bottle sometime. I've only had sparkling wines a couple of times. What brands from South Africa would you suggest, Rakuen?

I'm not exactly a big drinker so this certainly isn't particularly authoritative. I don't anything about honey wines but I know we have some good wines, though I'm not a fan of ordinary wine. The only one that I actually know the name of is the brand of sparkling wine which I like, which is JC Le Roux, specifically the Le Domaine bottle. Though looking at their site now it seems that's not the best sort of method for making sparkling wine. We probably only have it 'cause it'll be cheaper. :p But I like it so that's good enough for me.

TangoDelahunt
02-20-2013, 12:48 PM
I'm not exactly a big drinker so this certainly isn't particularly authoritative. I don't anything about honey wines but I know we have some good wines, though I'm not a fan of ordinary wine. The only one that I actually know the name of is the brand of sparkling wine which I like, which is JC Le Roux, specifically the Le Domaine bottle. Though looking at their site now it seems that's not the best sort of method for making sparkling wine. We probably only have it 'cause it'll be cheaper. :p But I like it so that's good enough for me.

I'll see if we get it here and give it a try. Thank you for the recommendation, Rakuen.

Aden
02-20-2013, 01:22 PM
hello I am aden and I like whiskey
probably too much

Pathea
02-20-2013, 01:38 PM
I like Vodka and Pasoa!

TangoDelahunt
02-20-2013, 01:39 PM
hello I am aden and I like whiskey
probably too much

What kind of whiskey? Surely you have a favorite brand. Also how do you like said whiskey?

Sanita

benanderson
02-20-2013, 02:04 PM
Either a good quality Apple or Pear Cider (Irish or Swedish will do for me, both dry and sweet, thanks), Stella Artuois Cidre or a double Amaretto, neat, on the rocks. I'll have a suicide bomb at regular intervals on a night as well (a half pint mixture of Jager, Red Bull and Black Sambuka).

If I want to be cheap and cheerful; Hoppers Hooch, WKD or Smirnoff Ice/Black Ice. Though pretty much any decent Alcho-pop will do me fine as long as its not too chemically bitter. Lemon and "Blue" are my favourite.

A Pint of Diesel (Blackcurrent Juice, Cider and Lager) also doesn't go amiss. The same with a double Vodka and Cola.

I'm not a fan of shots, I like drinks I can spend time with. Though if somneone hands me one I wont say no - but 99% of the time it'll be the most vile of the paint thinners from behind the bar.

Pretty much everything I drink, looking back, is actually rather high percentage. I think the lowest one there is 4.5%.

RogueSareth
02-20-2013, 02:13 PM
Whiskey is my go to, preferably Jameson, but if I can't get that then JD's Tennesse Honey. I also enjoy Scotch quite a bit. (glass, no ice)
Vodka makes me ill.

For wines I like Merlots, Pino Noirs and Pino Grigios. I'm also quite fond of Sherry.

And fru fru wine coolers. Segrems, Smirnovf Ice ( the grape flavor is best) Mikes Hard.

Not much of a beer person, but when I do drink it I like the really dark stuff, or a nice Irish red.

Aden
02-20-2013, 04:22 PM
What kind of whiskey? Surely you have a favorite brand. Also how do you like said whiskey?

Oh dear, I can't remember my whole cabinet. But in order, anything in the Michter's line, High Spirits mesquite smoked whiskey (from Flagstaff! going to have to take a tour there someday), Hudson Manhattan Rye, Old Potrero, and Willet bourbon are my favorites. I enjoy it neat or with a few of these chilled stones I got as a gift. I'll add a bit of water if I haven't eaten in a while.

Someday soon I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of Pappy van Winkle c:

TangoDelahunt
02-20-2013, 04:26 PM
Oh dear, I can't remember my whole cabinet. But in order, anything in the Michter's line, High Spirits mesquite smoked whiskey (from Flagstaff! going to have to take a tour there someday), Hudson Manhattan Rye, Old Potrero, and Willet bourbon are my favorites. I enjoy it neat or with a few of these chilled stones I got as a gift. I'll add a bit of water if I haven't eaten in a while.

Someday soon I'm going to treat myself to a bottle of Pappy van Winkle c:

Nice. I need to go drinking with you someday. Such class!

Sanita

Lava
02-20-2013, 07:06 PM
I do have some harder liquors that I keep around including that Italian moonshine known as grappa that was made by a neighbor of my parents.
Though, most of the time I stick to killians, guinness, and rogue. I prefer stouts but I'm not afraid to try a beer I've not had before. Though, I will say that the one time I tried a Bud I couldn't force myself to finish the bottle.

nanakisan
02-20-2013, 07:16 PM
I'm always experimenting. For me its typically Rum, Whiskey, Tequila. A specific bran of rum i get is Pyrat. Its made by the makers of Patron Tequila and is absolutely heavenly! when i live its like $28 but its worth it. It has a mellow flavor that hints of well hard to say really. its just good thats all i know. For whiskey i would recommend if yer ever in a bind. A decent cheap whiskey would be Black Velvet.

I could do vodka but....the last time i did that. I got tricked into a drinking game that i won. I ended up drinking a 750ml bottle to only like 1/4th full in 1 hour. 48 shots total. I was so out of it i couldn't walk,talk but i came out of it the next day without even a hangover. hehe.

Lava
02-20-2013, 07:59 PM
I'm always experimenting. For me its typically Rum, Whiskey, Tequila. A specific bran of rum i get is Pyrat. Its made by the makers of Patron Tequila and is absolutely heavenly! when i live its like $28 but its worth it. It has a mellow flavor that hints of well hard to say really. its just good thats all i know. For whiskey i would recommend if yer ever in a bind. A decent cheap whiskey would be Black Velvet.

I could do vodka but....the last time i did that. I got tricked into a drinking game that i won. I ended up drinking a 750ml bottle to only like 1/4th full in 1 hour. 48 shots total. I was so out of it i couldn't walk,talk but i came out of it the next day without even a hangover. hehe.
Egads, I can't get more than 3 shots in me before I get sick. The one time I got into a drinking game, it involved Apples to Apples. The winner of each hand had to take a shot of either rum, vodka, or tequila. The loser had to take a swig of a nasty seasonal beer. By my third shot I was "flop over giggly" before we gave up on the game and formed a cuddle pile.

TangoDelahunt
02-20-2013, 08:02 PM

Wow! What is your fursona? A Ukrainian diesel powered tractor? :V

That is a lot of booze for one setting.

Sanita

KaneQuicktail
02-20-2013, 08:10 PM

dayum. That's a lotta alcohol. Most I've done was about 12 shots in an hour and I last thing I knew was I woke up in the back of my truck.

Aakosir
02-20-2013, 08:43 PM
Kahlua and other coffee liquors, with ice or mixed. Blush and some white and red wines. I really like to check out the local wineries. I have only found one beer that I can tolerate which is Flying Dog Cujo. It has a coffee taste. I can't really think of anything else.

RogueSareth
02-20-2013, 08:56 PM

Holy damn, that is a lot of fucking vodka 0.o

nanakisan
02-20-2013, 09:17 PM
Wow! What is your fursona? A Ukrainian diesel powered tractor? :V

That is a lot of booze for one setting.

Sanita

I'm quite the large charizard. But IRL i come from a line of very heavy drinkers in my family. hahahaha

Varden
02-20-2013, 10:01 PM
Go ahead and burn me at the stake but Smirnoff ice. And Mike's hard lemonade. And wine coolers.

Normal booze just taste like ass. Then there's also the time me and my brother though that "love" meant "facepunch" and I broke 2 teeth. So much giggling for so much blood.

ShadWolf
02-20-2013, 10:06 PM
I could probably drink anything if it were handed to me. But I dunno cuz there's not that very many drinks I've tried before. ^_^;

I've drank Malt Beer, its alright sometimes, but depends of the brand name. ^_^;

I like a bit of Russian Standard Vodka, brilliant stuff! and it packs a punch like how real vodka should be! ;D

I've tried Smirnoff, it's quite nice, but too light of a Vodka for me. :P

I like wine, although I usually prefer sweet tasting kinds, and ones like Sake. ^_^

Ibuuyk
02-20-2013, 11:02 PM
Normal booze just taste like ass.

Amen, most beer tastes terrible. I like Rickard's red & white beers, though.

Varden
02-20-2013, 11:19 PM
I have had a few dutch beers that were salvageable but between them and some koolaid I still wouldn't pick beer. It's just bad.

Ibuuyk
02-20-2013, 11:50 PM
I have had a few dutch beers that were salvageable but between them and some koolaid I still wouldn't pick beer. It's just bad.

Since you're in Russia you have much better shit available to you anyway, I don't see why you'd pick beer :P

nanakisan
02-20-2013, 11:58 PM

I think the benefit of where i live is that i'm surrounded by craft beer brewery's all over the place. Lots of excellent beers to choose from. Some decent priced some...meh but worth it.

RogueSareth
02-21-2013, 08:05 AM
Go ahead and burn me at the stake but Smirnoff ice. And Mike's hard lemonade. And wine coolers.

Normal booze just taste like ass. Then there's also the time me and my brother though that "love" meant "facepunch" and I broke 2 teeth. So much giggling for so much blood.

No judgement from me. i love hard liquor, but I also love wine coolers and such, and would prefer those to beer anyday.

Ferret
02-21-2013, 11:49 AM
I drink a bit much but I love my whisky.

Crown Royal Maple bitches~ <3

TangoDelahunt
02-21-2013, 02:15 PM
I drink a bit much but I love my whisky.

Crown Royal Maple bitches~ <3

Not a bad choice.

KaneQuicktail
02-21-2013, 02:23 PM
Mead is pretty good too, brings out the viking in you.

mwalimu
02-21-2013, 08:33 PM
I'm a beer enthusiast and a homebrewer. I love sampling micro/raft/import beers in a wide variety of styles. Don't care for most of the stuff from the major brewers (it reminds me of water, or worse).

Aside from that, I also drink wine, spirits, and liqueurs. I'm trying to get more into single malt scotch and specialty bourbons.

nanakisan
02-21-2013, 11:59 PM

Whoever thought you can't get fancy with Mikes Hard Lemonade. Needs a good ole punch in the face by reality. Heres my proof.
http://i.imgur.com/3oQ44HF.jpg?1

Ibuuyk
02-22-2013, 12:55 AM
Spiced lemonade? Holy shit I want that. Gimme, now.

RogueSareth
02-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Whoever thought you can't get fancy with Mikes Hard Lemonade. Needs a good ole punch in the face by reality. Heres my proof.
http://i.imgur.com/3oQ44HF.jpg?1

That looks fantastic. Wish I had a bottle now.

Oh well I still have a bottle of wine XD

Aakosir
02-22-2013, 11:52 AM
I completely forgot about Mike's Hard! I love the Black Cherry lemonade.

StupidFace
02-22-2013, 03:44 PM
I like cider and vodka mainly. Russian Standard vodka or Kopparberg. I can drink beer for a while but then it gets really sickening.

nanakisan
02-22-2013, 07:35 PM
Mead is pretty good too, brings out the viking in you.

Theres this local brewery near me. like half a mile. It actually brews all its beer with honey and even treats the bottles in honey. Its like drinking a Mead when it isn't. One of their best ones is a Golden Rye. Its 7% Alcohol Content. But actually tastes very good.

Dreaming
02-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Anything sweet that gets the desired effects

Bailey's, Vermouth & Sprite, Vodka & Coke, Tia Maria & Coke, Tia Maria, hard ciders, home-made wines, Smirnoff, the vast majority of alcopops... if I had money I'd be an alcoholic by now

Lava
02-23-2013, 02:15 PM
if I had money I'd be an alcoholic by now

I suppose that's one good thing about being broke and alcohol being pretty expensive

KaneQuicktail
02-24-2013, 03:26 PM
I just had a local brew belgian style ale, most excellent. Ommegang's Rare Vos ale, reminds me of Shock Top, it has that hint of orange enough where you don't need to garnish it with a wedge like Blue Moon. It has an excellent aftertaste and goes pretty good with spaghetti, heh.

nanakisan
02-24-2013, 05:55 PM
I just had a local brew belgian style ale, most excellent. Ommegang's Rare Vos ale, reminds me of Shock Top, it has that hint of orange enough where you don't need to garnish it with a wedge like Blue Moon. It has an excellent aftertaste and goes pretty good with spaghetti, heh.

Hmmm i've been getting a lot of good words about Ommegangs. At the store they have three philosophers among others. any suggestions. Because i don't like paying $10 for a beer i might not like. ugh. hahaha

Onnes
02-25-2013, 12:13 AM
If you ever find yourself wondering about a beer then check out beeradvocate.com.

Right now I'm drinking Great Divide's "Colette" Farmhouse Ale. Lighter and spicier than most Belgians but with a similar hit of yeast.

Rilvor
02-25-2013, 03:46 AM
Jager, Absinthe, Irish Cream, Scotch, and Rum for me.

Coupled with a strong No for Tequila and Beer.

KaneQuicktail
02-25-2013, 11:21 AM
Hmmm i've been getting a lot of good words about Ommegangs. At the store they have three philosophers among others. any suggestions. Because i don't like paying $10 for a beer i might not like. ugh. hahaha

I took a shot with Ommegang just on a whim and I really enjoyed it. Rare Vos was right up my alley and was just as I expected it. I'd suggest giving it a shot, I'll probably buy one this week to try it myself. The price is a bit much, but you get about 2-3 glasses out of it. In my opinion, it was worth the price.

Sparkyopteryx
03-03-2013, 05:09 PM
Ahh, the Drink of Iniquity. I'll go ahead and get this out of the way and say that I cannot stand any sort of beer, lager, pale ale or stout (and believe me, I have tried enough of them to warrant a judgement, half of them quality microbrews even), and tequila can go to the Seventh Circle of Hell. Not a big fan of rum either due to it giving me headaches and making me horrendously sleepy, despite the fact that I like it's taste. However, alcohol I do like includes Irish cream, Jagermeister, absinthe, most flavored liqueurs (I'm picky about their quality though), spiced cider, scotch and good vodka. I also have a thing for mixed drinks and cocktails as well as "boozy shakes."

...I want some Bailey's now.

Kaboozle
09-13-2013, 10:24 AM
I've taken a liking to Jameson. I'll typically have it with ginger ale, but if I'm free on a nice summer's day, I've taken to having hotty toddies. Besides whiskey, I very much love my beer. I usually gravitate towards stouts, imperial stouts, and IPAs, and just recently having discovered a personal favorite, Beliner Weisse. I absolutely fell for that tart flavor. We've got a lot of nice beer bars around here, so I always like trying something new every time I visit.

Besides all that, I enjoy a nice glass of red every once in a while. I'm not very knowledgeable with wines, but I prefer red :)

RainWizard
12-30-2013, 05:55 AM
Primarily I go for cider, but I'm also partial to Jagermeister mixed with energy drink (If I want to stay awake all night)

My main issue is a poor capacity for mixing drinks, or drinking too much. Tends to make me very ill "/

Vae
12-30-2013, 03:32 PM
Vodka and rum. Those put me in my happy place.

Kahlua and wine, also.

Although my favorite things in terms of actual drinks are long island iced teas, margaritas, and rum and cokes.

SirCoffeecup
12-30-2013, 08:41 PM
I'm a fan of whiskeys.
The older the better.

Nothing against beer though, or vodka.
Vodka is great after it's sat in the freezer for a moment. Sub-zero liquid.

Rum is good too. I want some of it now, actually.

Never been much of a wine person myself.

JiJi
01-01-2014, 05:38 PM
I'm a fan of whiskeys.
The older the better.

Nothing against beer though, or vodka.
Vodka is great after it's sat in the freezer for a moment. Sub-zero liquid.

Rum is good too. I want some of it now, actually.

Never been much of a wine person myself.

I'd like to be able to drink whiskeys neat everytime.. still working on that.
I like a few whiskeys and rums,
recently discovered I'm allergic to amarettos, (I miss dissarano)
had wine once, never again.
I drink a lot of beer at social times, so-so fan of it though
Would rather go for Jager or Honey JD and coke though.

Ruggy
01-02-2014, 12:33 AM
Vodka's my go-to. Put that in aaanything. I also like wine (white or red, not too sweet but not too dry). I'm also a fan of using Bailey's as coffee creamer. :3 I also love me a good gin and tonic. And honey JD makes great hot toddies.

Not keen on tequila, nor whiskey. Bad birthday incidents. Bad, bad birthday incidents. :I And beer's just kinda gross mostly, though I do enjoy a dark ale now and again.

sassySloth
01-07-2014, 12:22 PM
I love alcohol! Tonight I'm going to fall into some zinfandel and beers.

When I have money I like stouts and wine most. Rum is my favorite spirit.

JiJi
01-07-2014, 12:28 PM
Just want to kill the pun before he does.. Hewge is my favourite spirit :v

piñardilla
01-07-2014, 12:30 PM
I love alcohol! Tonight I'm going to fall into some zinfandel and beers.

When I have money I like stouts and wine most. Rum is my favorite spirit.

We have quite compatible taste. Rum is extremely underrated. Suits me fine, though, because that just means I can get really good rum for what I'd pay for merely average bourbon or tequila.

Pine
01-07-2014, 01:11 PM
Just had a shot of captain, shot of malibu, and an unfortunately flat coke mixed with more captain.

if Zeus could ejaculate liquor, it would be rum

sassySloth
01-07-2014, 08:07 PM
We have quite compatible taste. Rum is extremely underrated. Suits me fine, though, because that just means I can get really good rum for what I'd pay for merely average bourbon or tequila.All my friends can down vodka like there's no tomorrow. Give me some spiced rum any day. Cruzan is probably my favorite, but I've yet to meander into more expensive varieties.

RainWizard
01-07-2014, 08:22 PM
Vodka is the most vile substance known to man. It tastes like having your mouth tuned inside out and put into strong disinfectant ;-;

piñardilla
01-07-2014, 08:29 PM
All my friends can down vodka like there's no tomorrow. Give me some spiced rum any day. Cruzan is probably my favorite, but I've yet to meander into more expensive varieties.

Really, as long as you stay away from plastic bottles and Bacardi, it's hard to go wrong. Flor de Caña is my favorite white mixing rum, and Sailor Jerry is my go-to spiced rum. For dark rum, I either go with Gosling's or Cruzan Black Strap.

For drinking straight, Rhum Barbancourt 5-Star is very nice, and The Kraken is a spiced dark rum that's kind of unique and pretty damned tasty. For real high-end stuff, Ron Zacapa 23-Year is simply impeccable.

Onnes
01-07-2014, 08:49 PM
For something complete different, I ran into an awesome dry Cava (Spanish sparkling wine) over the holidays: Segura Viudas Brut. It's an excellent crisp and not overly fruity sparkling wine in its own right, but the truly remarkable thing about it was that it retails under $10. In the under-$20 budget segment of sparkling wines this thing is very hard to beat.

Littlerock
01-07-2014, 08:58 PM
I'm a real sucker for sweet wine, and hard liquor. Wild turkey, Jagermeister, Yukon Jack... Smirnoff makes pretty tasty cooler-things too, very nice with a casual dinner. Hot toddy teas are best with brandy!

Manishewitz is my shit though. No idea why, so goood. It must run in the family, two of my aunts mistakenly brought a bottle to a stocked party, and just sat there bullshitting the whole time sharing it. Three people unironically greeted them with shalom, and both aunts, neither of them being Jewish, laughed harder each time.

piñardilla
01-07-2014, 09:23 PM
For something complete different, I ran into an awesome dry Cava (Spanish sparkling wine) over the holidays: Segura Viudas Brut. It's an excellent crisp and not overly fruity sparkling wine in its own right, but the truly remarkable thing about it was that it retails under $10. In the under-$20 budget segment of sparkling wines this thing is very hard to beat.

Got it at Costco? I had the same stuff for New Year's. :3

Onnes
01-07-2014, 09:36 PM
Got it at Costco? I had the same stuff for New Year's. :3

Actually, a combination wine and antiques store. Rural America can be interesting. Pretty much a perfect wine for Costco, though; even the antique store had crates for sale.

We had another dry sparkling wine at the same time, a Mumm Napa Brut Prestige, and it was really close call between the two.

Rinzy
01-07-2014, 09:52 PM
I go straight for those wheat beers, Jager shots, or car bombs! If I go for a regular mixed drink, I prefer something fruity or an irish coffee, and if I do shots, it's flavored vodka :9

Matt Conner
01-07-2014, 11:47 PM
As a poor college student I just gorge myself on cheapo beer, but if I had the choice I'd go with a fifth of Jameson and some pellegrino and bitters, ain't no other drink ya need. White russians aren't bad either >:3

MEEHOO
01-07-2014, 11:53 PM
It depends on the occasion really

If im having a drink at home its just beer like corona or budweiser
But if im drinking to get drunk pretty much anything with a percentage will do

Not really into fancy beverages to be honest

dirtypaws
01-08-2014, 03:50 AM
i don't drink beer, but i'm a big fan of fruity liquors. chambord, kinky, limoncello, shakka, hypnotiq, etc are my go-tos. i like to mix 1/4 green tea and 3/4 any of those three. oh, and jager. jager is also good, but that's about the only dark liquor i'll enjoy willingly.

Fawna
01-08-2014, 08:43 AM
I'm fond of any alcohol that doesn't taste like hand sanitizer!

sassySloth
01-08-2014, 01:58 PM
I'm fond of any alcohol that doesn't taste like hand sanitizer!Oh that's a gross thought.

When I was in college I used the "I'm broke so I'll just drink 40s.' excuse. But now that I'm graduated ... I still mostly drink 40s. They're just so cheap!!!

SirCoffeecup
01-08-2014, 02:16 PM
Bought myself a Crowmoor extra dry apple cider just because the label art was quite appealing to me (http://www.sinebrychoff.fi/Media/kuvapankki/PublishingImages/Siideri/Crowmoor_3d_profiilipullo_extradry%5B1%5D.jpg) and then just Strongbow because Gibby for today.

chocomage
01-12-2014, 07:02 PM
I try to stick with high class american beers. Bud light, busch, god forbid I'm forced to drink coors light. If I feel in a fancier beer mood I'll go with blue moon (without an orange) or mac and jack. Rarely I will pick a random IPA just to get something different.

If I am going for hard alcohol I get whisky coke at a bar. Depending on selection I usually go with makers mark or pendleton. If I am getting crazy I get irish trashcans which consist of light rum, gin, vodka, triple sec, blue curacao, peach schnaps and red bull. Sometimes it is topped with 151 but that depends on the bartender.

At home I drink a variety of pretty much everything. I got a collection of about 20 different booze bottles (fifths) I have had over the past year since I moved into my apartment. My favorite choice is bacardi gold. Its fairly cheap but I find it has a very distinct flavor lovable.

I cannot for the life of me drink tequila but with that said when I do drink tequila I drink tarantula. I feel that is more along the lines of a liquor like fireball or jager tho. Tarantula is technically a tequila but whose paying attention that much to detail?

Booze is a very complicated science.

Rico
01-13-2014, 09:33 PM
I don't really like beer but I dig cider so some cider flavored ales are cool with me too. Favorite cider is Angry Orchard. My fiancee makes some pretty rad mixed drinks so I've taken to drinking a lot of tequila sunrises. Also every alcohol made with agave is amazing.

Also sometimes I like to just drink plain shots of Fireball whiskey because YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO and it tastes like big red.

Matt Conner
01-14-2014, 05:12 AM
I don't really like beer but I dig cider so some cider flavored ales are cool with me too. Favorite cider is Angry Orchard. My fiancee makes some pretty rad mixed drinks so I've taken to drinking a lot of tequila sunrises. Also every alcohol made with agave is amazing.

Also sometimes I like to just drink plain shots of Fireball whiskey because YOU CAN'T TELL ME WHAT TO DO and it tastes like big red.

Both you and my friends I will never understand...every party I go to there's at least one fool going "wheee, I brought fireball!"

fireball is the most vile shit ever and a shame to the word whiskey, I'd honestly rather drink black velvet x3

Rico
01-14-2014, 05:35 AM
Fireball is amazing and you're just jealous that our bowels are exploding

chocomage
01-14-2014, 05:39 AM
Fireball is delicious and easy to drink but there are so many better things that will get you a hell of a lot more drunk.

Rico
01-14-2014, 05:47 AM
Definitely won't argue that. Especially since my love for agave is so strong I down shots of agave tequila without salt/lime all the time. A little rougher but so delicious. ;_;

Has anyone tried Lunazul? It's one of my favorites. Really good for mixes, too (I actually do not recommend taking straight shots of it but hngggf).

Rory
01-14-2014, 06:06 AM
I wonder if it'd be fun to make a thread entitled "Our most fun/worst alcoholic moment ever"... 'cus this talk of whiskey here is bringing up some baaaad memories, although hilarious in hindsight. xD I drink very rarely these days as I'm away from my crew who loves to go out and unwind, but when I do, I have an absolute lust for Belhaven Stout; one of the few legit Scottish beers I can ever find most of the time. Stouts in general are just amazing, from the watery Guinness to the thickest Dark Lord.

Otherwise, every now and then I'll indulge in some quality junmai ginjo style sake (daiginjo if I can afford/find it). Yuki no Bosha is absolutely delicious chilled, even in the midst of winter. I usually only get sake when I'm out eating sushi, but it's always a welcome treat.

Matt Conner
01-14-2014, 06:38 AM
I must be crazy. Everybody I know loves tequila and fireball but I prefer Jameson and Vodka (yeah, straight vodka, on the rocks, with a lemon in it, yum~)

chocomage
01-14-2014, 07:18 AM
I must be crazy. Everybody I know loves tequila and fireball but I prefer Jameson and Vodka (yeah, straight vodka, on the rocks, with a lemon in it, yum~)

Jameson and I have had some good times and some bad times... Last time I had Jameson, that I remember, I passed out in freezing weather and I told the person I was with to leave me til the morning. I was in the middle of the street after slipping on ice... Don't get me wrong. Jameson is wonderful! I just... Well... too much.... I was also drinking hot buttered rum that night and to this day nearly a year later I cannot drink hot buttered rum without losing my stomach... Jameson sounds delicious right now tho. I guess I know what I'm picking up tomorrow...

I guess what I am getting at is fireball is more of a soda pop than it is a drink. I get it when I know I have had enough but it won't cause me to lose anything.

Matt Conner
01-14-2014, 07:22 AM
Jameson and I have had some good times and some bad times... Last time I had Jameson, that I remember, I passed out in freezing weather and I told the person I was with to leave me til the morning. I was in the middle of the street after slipping on ice... Don't get me wrong. Jameson is wonderful! I just... Well... too much.... I was also drinking hot buttered rum that night and to this day nearly a year later I cannot drink hot buttered rum without losing my stomach... Jameson sounds delicious right now tho. I guess I know what I'm picking up tomorrow...

I guess what I am getting at is fireball is more of a soda pop than it is a drink. I get it when I know I have had enough but it won't cause me to lose anything.

I also know the pain of too much whiskey...I remember I drank most of a fifth of black velvet the day before my eighteenth, and I wound up boarding to Qdoba at 3 AM (don't ask me how I rode a longboard when I could barely see or talk), then ralphing the whole burrito up again into my bed an hour or two later. I got the spins and couldn't hop down in time because I was all the way up in my loft bed T.T

chocomage
01-14-2014, 07:46 AM
I also know the pain of too much whiskey...I remember I drank most of a fifth of black velvet the day before my eighteenth, and I wound up boarding to Qdoba at 3 AM (don't ask me how I rode a longboard when I could barely see or talk), then ralphing the whole burrito up again into my bed an hour or two later. I got the spins and couldn't hop down in time because I was all the way up in my loft bed T.T

That's terrible! usually if I'm not gonna hold my liquor I don't remember. Its always amazing hearing from other people what you did! haha

Supposedly my brother and myself broke out into a fight in the middle of subway. We ended up knocking a chip display (for lack of better terms) over. I never had any proof this happened but since the chip display got moved to the other side of the restaurant, to a corner, I had to believe it.

Matt Conner
01-14-2014, 08:42 AM
That's terrible! usually if I'm not gonna hold my liquor I don't remember. Its always amazing hearing from other people what you did! haha

Supposedly my brother and myself broke out into a fight in the middle of subway. We ended up knocking a chip display (for lack of better terms) over. I never had any proof this happened but since the chip display got moved to the other side of the restaurant, to a corner, I had to believe it.
Fun fact about me: I actually don't black out. I've never tried to make it happen on purpose obviously, but I can tell you I've downed pretty insane amounts of booze before. Maybe it's my genes, or maybe I just have great short term memory. Actually, I'm not really even sure what causes blackouts, exactly o3o

chocomage
01-14-2014, 09:17 AM
My genetics are pretty good as far as alcohol is concerned (German, Irish and French to name a few.) But the way I see it is if you don't black out you aren't trying :D The secret is if you think you have had enough you need another drink. If you haven't had enough you won't question it. The main reason I don't black out every night is because poor and lazy!

Its pretty hilarious having "hangover" moments tho.

Tymid
01-14-2014, 11:38 AM
Ahmigaaaaaaahd, I love BOOZE. I'm a rum girl by nature, but I'll drink just about anything other than tequila. I've recently become a fan of Redd's Apple Ale. Delicious. <3

Matt Conner
01-14-2014, 05:56 PM
My genetics are pretty good as far as alcohol is concerned (German, Irish and French to name a few.) But the way I see it is if you don't black out you aren't trying :D The secret is if you think you have had enough you need another drink. If you haven't had enough you won't question it. The main reason I don't black out every night is because poor and lazy!

Its pretty hilarious having "hangover" moments tho.

If drinking 'till I vomit violently isn't trying, I really don't wanna know what is.

RainWizard
01-14-2014, 06:25 PM
If drinking 'till I vomit violently isn't trying, I really don't wanna know what is.

This, this is my quote for every night I've had out ever.

Llama
01-18-2014, 05:13 AM
Well, let's see here...there's Guiness from the tap (bottles just don't taste the same), Jack Daniel's (never had Gentleman Jack or Tennessee Honey), Kraken, Smirnoff and Smirnoff Ice Triple Black, Jaegerbombs, and Long Island Iced Teas. That pretty much covers my favorites.

Rory
01-18-2014, 06:02 AM
Well, let's see here...there's Guiness from the tap (bottles just don't taste the same), Jack Daniel's (never had Gentleman Jack or Tennessee Honey), Kraken, Smirnoff and Smirnoff Ice Triple Black, Jaegerbombs, and Long Island Iced Teas. That pretty much covers my favorites.

You get massive beer points for knowing how supremely awesome a good pour of Guinness is (when it's done right, which is rarely)! My British friend harasses me every time we go out to a pub as he knocks back his Wells. Mm, nothin' like a good stout. Also, Kraken is pretty incredible when I'm in the twice a year mood for rum. It just has this kick to it that I don't taste with other rums in the same price range.

Aden
01-18-2014, 02:26 PM
I can't fit any more whiskey in my whiskey cabinet (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11788348/wc.jpg) :c

first world problems

Matt Conner
01-18-2014, 02:43 PM
I can't fit any more whiskey in my whiskey cabinet (https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/11788348/wc.jpg) :c

first world problems

lucky for you I'm accepting donations~

autogatos
01-18-2014, 04:10 PM
I rarely drink because I don't like most alcohol and most kinds give me a migraine, but I am a fan of very dark beer. I recently discovered chocolate stout and it is my new favorite beer.

Rory
01-18-2014, 04:32 PM
I rarely drink because I don't like most alcohol and most kinds give me a migraine, but I am a fan of very dark beer. I recently discovered chocolate stout and it is my new favorite beer.

Then I have an amazing recommendation for you. This past summer I went to some amazing beer gardens with hundreds of things on tap, and actually out in California there's the Anchor Brewery, which makes this delicious, dark chocolate-ish stout called Flying Cloud San Francisco. It was a lot harder to find out in Boston because the supply was limited, but I imagine you wouldn't have trouble being close to the source. It gets rave reviews, and you should definitely check it out.

autogatos
01-18-2014, 05:53 PM
Then I have an amazing recommendation for you. This past summer I went to some amazing beer gardens with hundreds of things on tap, and actually out in California there's the Anchor Brewery, which makes this delicious, dark chocolate-ish stout called Flying Cloud San Francisco. It was a lot harder to find out in Boston because the supply was limited, but I imagine you wouldn't have trouble being close to the source. It gets rave reviews, and you should definitely check it out.

Oh cool I will keep an eye out for that, thank you!

Brace
01-18-2014, 07:44 PM
Remind me that we need to try Balsam if we can find it <3

sassySloth
01-20-2014, 09:14 AM
My roommate has granted me some surprise merlot. This will be a fine weekend :roflmao:

Matt Conner
01-20-2014, 06:49 PM
Some dude at furcon had a flask of absinthe. HOT DAMN.

chocomage
01-20-2014, 08:34 PM
I'm not personally a fan of absinthe. I have never been able to hallucinate off of the stuff. Has anyone here had any absinthe hallucinations?

Tycho
01-20-2014, 08:50 PM
I'm not personally a fan of absinthe. I have never been able to hallucinate off of the stuff. Has anyone here had any absinthe hallucinations?

Absinthe hallucinations are a myth. The supposed hallucinogen in absinthe, wormwood extract, is not in sufficient quantities to trigger hallucinations, and likely hasn't been for centuries. It will get you quite drunk though, which is not to be confused with hallucinogenic properties.

Absinthe's mystique stems largely from its use by some very famous artists. People then attributed the wild colors present in these artists' works to the artists' use of absinthe. In truth, these artists drank absinthe because they were notorious alcoholics and absinthe was cheap. The colors in Toulouse-Lautrec's paintings are just his style.

It is still something I would be interested in trying, because I like anise flavor and absinthe is flavored with anise. It is supposedly very difficult to drink unless sweetened, though.

Haedan
01-20-2014, 09:28 PM
I don't drink often, but when I do I prefer to stick with rum and cokes or Mike's hard lemonade. I just like the taste of them and I know exactly how many of each I can take before getting completely drunk most of the time. I'm not really a fan of getting stupid drunk, so I like to stop when I get kind of that lightheaded spinning feeling.

Onnes
01-20-2014, 10:38 PM
The day Stone Brewing makes a bad beer is the day hell freezes over. Of their regular stuff, Double Bastard has to be one of the best beers I've ever had.

chocomage
01-20-2014, 11:25 PM
Absinthe hallucinations are a myth. The supposed hallucinogen in absinthe, wormwood extract, is not in sufficient quantities to trigger hallucinations, and likely hasn't been for centuries. It will get you quite drunk though, which is not to be confused with hallucinogenic properties.

Absinthe's mystique stems largely from its use by some very famous artists. People then attributed the wild colors present in these artists' works to the artists' use of absinthe. In truth, these artists drank absinthe because they were notorious alcoholics and absinthe was cheap. The colors in Toulouse-Lautrec's paintings are just his style.

It is still something I would be interested in trying, because I like anise flavor and absinthe is flavored with anise. It is supposedly very difficult to drink unless sweetened, though.

I can confirm it is rather strong. I mixed it with all sorts of stuff and no matter the mixture it had a very distinct flavor. I can definitely get more drink off of a cheap whiskey or rum tho do to personal preference and the ability to drink other things faster.

xyloart
01-20-2014, 11:44 PM
I'm drinking cat wine out of a cat glass. (wine that comes in a cat-shaped bottle heh)

Rory
01-20-2014, 11:51 PM

Probably because there are genetic links to people hating the flavor of licorice, which is exactly what absinthe tastes like. Some of my college friends were out for a 21st and the person wanted to try absinthe, so.. we did. No thank you, blech. Same deal with Jager. With that in mind, you'd probably like it a lot.

RainWizard
01-21-2014, 01:50 PM
Here's a useful word on a night out

capernoited - Slightly intoxicated or tipsy

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/capernoited

Chuchi
01-21-2014, 02:06 PM
Koskenkorva Minttu, very smooth tasting Finnish mint liqueur. Had to try it, Mint's my other name, had to be done. ene Now I can say I tasted a bottle of myself. Or something dumb like that.

Anyway, it's good.

Kirpet
01-22-2014, 08:44 PM
When it comes to alcohol I have a pretty wide palette but there are two brands/types that I consistently purchase. Jack Daniel's Tennessee Sour Mash Whiskey and 360 Glazed Donut Vodka (only 13.99 a bottle). The latter of which gets me a lot of strange and disgusted looks. That is until they get to taste it themselves, which I usually encourage by bringing a bottle, haha. It's absolutely delightful, it's not too sweet and is smooth enough to be consumed straight; when I'm not drinking it straight I mix it with Coke. I've found that when mixed with Coke/Pepsi it makes for a excellent alcoholic drink for those who can't stand/don't necessarily enjoy the taste of alcohol, i.e. one sensitive friend said it tasted like Vanilla Coke. Now I've yet to really experiment with it but it has some really great possibilities as a mixer.

piñardilla
01-22-2014, 11:00 PM

Anything Anchor makes is pretty tasty.

Here's a useful word on a night out

capernoited - Slightly intoxicated or tipsy

http://www.collinsdictionary.com/dictionary/english/capernoited

You can tell you're still just capernoited if you're still able to say the word "capernoited".

Bark
01-22-2014, 11:20 PM
Okay guys. Let me introduce you to Sprecher's Hard Rootbeer (http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/hrb.php). It's amazing. If you spy it in your local store/distributor where ever and you like delicious things PICK THIS UP.

Alternatively we can become bros, and if you're coming to AnthroCon (and 21+) we can get a case and party on. Aw yis.

Rory
01-22-2014, 11:35 PM
Anything Anchor makes is pretty tasty.

Amen, glad someone else here knows of their quality.

Okay guys. Let me introduce you to Sprecher's Hard Rootbeer (http://www.sprecherbrewery.com/hrb.php). It's amazing. If you spy it in your local store/distributor where ever and you like delicious things PICK THIS UP.

I enjoyed a case of this just a few months back, it was delicious. I'm in Wisconsin temporarily, which is where the Sprecher breweries are located, so it's super easy to get. Heck they even have Sprecher restaurants here, now.

Ouiji
01-22-2014, 11:40 PM
just tried the following,
1 part nigori sake
1 part domaine de canton
<1 teaspoon absinthe
mixed together in shaker with one cube of ice and served in martini glass

Bark
01-22-2014, 11:43 PM
I enjoyed a case of this just a few months back, it was delicious. I'm in Wisconsin temporarily, which is where the Sprecher breweries are located, so it's super easy to get. Heck they even have Sprecher restaurants here, now.

Jealooous. It's just starting to crop up around the area here. And well, it's Pennsylvania, so getting alcohol is assed anyway. But, most beer distributors around my house have never heard of it or have had a lot of people ask about it (why don't you stock it then!?). Not sure about the city of Pittsburgh itself though. One day I'm going to go on an adventure to see if I can find single bottles of the Game of Thrones beer(s), so I plan on keeping an eye out for more Sprecher's HRB, too.

Rory
01-22-2014, 11:53 PM
Jealooous. It's just starting to crop up around the area here. And well, it's Pennsylvania, so getting alcohol is assed anyway. But, most beer distributors around my house have never heard of it or have had a lot of people ask about it (why don't you stock it then!?). Not sure about the city of Pittsburgh itself though. One day I'm going to go on an adventure to see if I can find single bottles of the Game of Thrones beer(s), so I plan on keeping an eye out for more Sprecher's HRB, too.

Haha yeah, their line of products is everywhere around this region. They've got some really funky tasting beer-flavored kettle chips, too. The kind of thing you just get one bag of, don't really like, and yet still find yourself thinking about the taste until you get another bag. True story. I'd bring a bag of them and come drink some HRB with you if I ever went to cons.

Are you able to find their regular root beer out in Pennsylania? I know they ship that all over the country to different spots (I've personally seen it as far away as Santa Fe in recent memory).

NightmareStallion
01-23-2014, 02:49 AM
The first alcoholic beverage I ever drank was whipped cream vodka, mixed with Mug root beer. Oh my god. <3

Matt Conner
01-23-2014, 05:02 AM
hmm, I wonder what my first drink was. I'd say the first I tasted was a wine of some kind (dad offered some to me as a kid) and the first time I actually got hammered was actually off vodka tonics from the bar at my cousin's wedding. All my other cousins were like in their 30's, so they just kept feeding me drinks x3

Owleyes
01-23-2014, 05:41 AM
I drink a lot of Smirnoff Ice/Mike's Hard Lemonade because they're sweet and stuff

I also like amaretto

Rilvor
01-23-2014, 05:43 AM
I've recently begun experimenting with Gin, starting with Bombay Sapphire since its pretty blue bottle has always caught my eye. So far the results are very satisfying, and I'm going to be exploring Gin quite regularly.

I'll take this moment to recommend The Kraken rum to any rum drinkers out there. One taste and you'll never look back.

Bark
01-23-2014, 07:38 AM
Haha yeah, their line of products is everywhere around this region. They've got some really funky tasting beer-flavored kettle chips, too. The kind of thing you just get one bag of, don't really like, and yet still find yourself thinking about the taste until you get another bag. True story. I'd bring a bag of them and come drink some HRB with you if I ever went to cons.

Are you able to find their regular root beer out in Pennsylania? I know they ship that all over the country to different spots (I've personally seen it as far away as Santa Fe in recent memory).

I'm actually not sure. I want to saw I've never heard of Sprecher's before but I feel like I haven't payed super close attention to my root beer prior to the deliciousness that is the hard root beer. I plan on checking out the pop isle next time I'm a grocery store.

I've recently begun experimenting with Gin, starting with Bombay Sapphire since its pretty blue bottle has always caught my eye. So far the results are very satisfying, and I'm going to be exploring Gin quite regularly.

I'll take this moment to recommend The Kraken rum to any rum drinkers out there. One taste and you'll never look back.

I second this; The Kraken is delicious. The bottles and the label(s) are awesome, too.

I forgot to make mention of my favorite hard liquor variety: Grey Goose Vodka. So pricey, but oh so smooth.

Rory
01-23-2014, 10:53 AM

Agreed. I extolled Kraken a few pages back, and am pimping it again here. It's a fantastic rum, you've got great tastes!

hmm, I wonder what my first drink was. I'd say the first I tasted was a wine of some kind (dad offered some to me as a kid) and the first time I actually got hammered was actually off vodka tonics from the bar at my cousin's wedding. All my other cousins were like in their 30's, so they just kept feeding me drinks x3

I didn't get hammered 'til college (so boring I know), but my first taste of alcohol was in Tobago. Some dude was flirting with my mom and buying her drinks, and one of 'em looked like a banana smoothie. So me being an innocent child went over there and took a giant swig without asking, before I ran over to the railing and spat it all out on the neatly trimmed bushes. Pretty sure it was a rum. :v

I'm actually not sure. I want to saw I've never heard of Sprecher's before but I feel like I haven't payed super close attention to my root beer prior to the deliciousness that is the hard root beer. I plan on checking out the pop isle next time I'm a grocery store.

Awesome, lemme know how the search goes.

Rukh Whitefang
01-23-2014, 07:36 PM
There are over 150 breweries in Michigan. Heck, one of the ads for tourism is that we are a craft beer state.

Tiido
01-23-2014, 09:34 PM
I drink rarely and on big occasions. When I do I drink vodka and I am not particularly picky about what kind as long as it is pure unflavored kind.

These got drank during the new year by 3 people (me, my brother and my uncle).
http://www.tmeeco.eu/BitShit/VodkaVodkaVodka.jpg

I don't think I'll do that kind of stunt again, but I had incredibly good sleep ! No hangover either.

Rory
01-23-2014, 09:59 PM
There are over 150 breweries in Michigan. Heck, one of the ads for tourism is that we are a craft beer state.

This prompted me to do some research! The newest data I can find is a 2012 .pdf from the Brewer's Association, and indeed Michigan had the 5th highest amount of breweries in the US at that time at 122, although ranked 13th when ranked per capita. California, Washington, Colorado, and Oregon were ahead of MI in pure numbers, with Vermont having the most breweries per capita.

I drink rarely and on big occasions. When I do I drink vodka and I am not particularly picky about what kind as long as it is pure unflavored kind.

These got drank during the new year by 3 people (me, my brother and my uncle).

I don't think I'll do that kind of stunt again, but I had incredibly good sleep ! No hangover either.

Wow. You three have my respects, man. That's one hell of a taste for vodka. xD

Tiido
01-23-2014, 11:23 PM
In this country it is pretty normal for one person to be able to handle a 0.5 liter bottle (~1 pint). I did around 2 though, my brother left early on...
I am not proud about this "ability" lol

Matt Conner
01-24-2014, 06:58 AM
In this country it is pretty normal for one person to be able to handle a 0.5 liter bottle (~1 pint). I did around 2 though, my brother left early on...
I am not proud about this "ability" lol

lol, .5 liter of what? I reckon I could finish 2 liters of anything that wasn't hard A.

Chuchi
01-24-2014, 07:03 AM
lol, .5 liter of what? I reckon I could finish 2 liters of anything that wasn't hard A.

I bet vodka. Is it vodka? It's vodka, isn't it, Tiido? >:v I have loads of vodka and guess where I got it from.

Tiido
01-24-2014, 07:45 AM
It is 40% Vodka, it tells it on all the bottles (well, Vodka certainly, alcohol % figure is a bit harder to read out lol)

Chuchi
01-24-2014, 08:15 AM
It is 40% Vodka, it tells it on all the bottles (well, Vodka certainly, alcohol % figure is a bit harder to read out lol)

X3 Most of my booooooze comes from Estonia. Not such great deals at Alko. :P

Batty Krueger
01-24-2014, 03:50 PM
Scotch, mescal, and Belgium ales.
Those are my top 3 fave things I like to drink.

chocomage
01-24-2014, 03:53 PM
Scotch, mescal, and Belgium ales.
Those are my top 3 fave things I like to drink.

I hear scotch has a very... acquired... taste. I hate yet to try it. What would you suggest for a first scotch?

Batty Krueger
01-24-2014, 03:58 PM
I hear scotch has a very... acquired... taste. I hate yet to try it. What would you suggest for a first scotch?

I drink expensive stuff, but Shieldag is cheap and is pretty damn good for cheaper scotch.

A good idea to see if you like scotch buy one of those small 50ml sample bottles instead of buying a larger bottle just to find out you dont like it.

Littlered
01-24-2014, 04:56 PM
The only thing I've ever been able to stomach is vodka mixed with other things. Apple juice is my number one, but Mountain Dew and Sprite work well also.

chocomage
01-24-2014, 06:33 PM
I drink expensive stuff, but Shieldag is cheap and is pretty damn good for cheaper scotch.

A good idea to see if you like scotch buy one of those small 50ml sample bottles instead of buying a larger bottle just to find out you dont like it.

Please! I'm not some filthy casual!

Rory
01-24-2014, 06:44 PM
Please! I'm not some filthy casual!

I laughed too hard. That's the first time I've ever heard that phrase applied to alcohol, and I am so using it.

Just went out and picked up some more sake, the Dawn/junmai ginjo version of Shimizu no Mai. Excited to relax and have some tonight, with the lovely people on Skype/Vent/Weasyl keeping me company during this blizzard.

chocomage
01-24-2014, 06:51 PM
I laughed too hard. That's the first time I've ever heard that phrase applied to alcohol, and I am so using it.

The sad truth is I was only kind of joking... I appreciate his advice but i need a fifth bottle for my collection. If I develop a taste for it that's a bonus!

Rukh Whitefang
01-24-2014, 07:04 PM
This prompted me to do some research! The newest data I can find is a 2012 .pdf from the Brewer's Association, and indeed Michigan had the 5th highest amount of breweries in the US at that time at 122, although ranked 13th when ranked per capita. California, Washington, Colorado, and Oregon were ahead of MI in pure numbers, with Vermont having the most breweries per capita.

Michigan also has the city that won the Beer City USA award (2013), and at least 2 of its breweries made it into the top 10 nationwide. I work near a brewery and I can smell hops everyday outside.

chocomage
01-25-2014, 03:23 PM
I've been to 4 liquor stores and no one has shieldag. I feel like this is becoming a holy grail for me...

Kast
01-26-2014, 05:39 AM
good hard scrumpy cider for me please. none of your weak carbonated cans of fizzy wee XP

also Mead :D <3

Matt Conner
01-27-2014, 05:45 PM
Here's Gogol Bordello's "love song" about alcohol, for those of you who like booze, Ukrainian accents, and gypsy punk~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQDAWJaN34

Batty Krueger
01-29-2014, 06:54 PM
Here's Gogol Bordello's "love song" about alcohol, for those of you who like booze, Ukrainian accents, and gypsy punk~
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lfQDAWJaN34
I love those guys. Fun music it is!

I've been to 4 liquor stores and no one has shieldag. I feel like this is becoming a holy grail for me...
Do you have a BevMo or Total Wine and More in your area?

chocomage
01-29-2014, 07:13 PM
I love those guys. Fun music it is!

Bevmo is a bit of a trip but yea I got one. I'll give that place a shot in the near future!

Batty Krueger
01-29-2014, 07:18 PM
Bevmo is a bit of a trip but yea I got one. I'll give that place a shot in the near future!
They should have it. Along with many other wonderful things. Liquor Stores tend to only carry generic spirits.

chocomage
01-29-2014, 07:23 PM
They should have it. Along with many other wonderful things. Liquor Stores tend to only carry generic spirits.

Yea and it sucks in Washington nowadays with the liquor stores getting privatized. They carry less of a selection than they used to.

Batty Krueger
01-29-2014, 07:28 PM
Yea and it sucks in Washington nowadays with the liquor stores getting privatized. They carry less of a selection than they used to.
You could always try chivas regal. Most liquor stores carry that. Or glenfiddich.

chocomage
01-29-2014, 07:40 PM
You could always try chivas regal. Most liquor stores carry that. Or glenfiddich.

I seriously considered both of those just for the hell of it.

Rukh Whitefang
01-29-2014, 08:24 PM
Ive also been getting into rum lately as well. Captain Morgan private stock spice rum and Rum Chata (which I just finished a bottle off).

Batty Krueger
01-29-2014, 08:52 PM
Rum is good, I do love mojitos. Especially spicy ones.

Onnes
02-03-2014, 10:59 PM
Dogfish Head's World Wide Stout is an Imperial Stout that clocks in at 18% abv. I'm not sure how to describe it given how extreme it is in beer terms, other perhaps soaking a bunch of raisins in rum and them throwing them at one's face. It is truly an awe inspiring beer.

chocomage
02-04-2014, 04:11 AM

Tried bevmo today and they didn't have shieldaig. Looks like I'm picking up one of
said other two on Friday tho. Ugh the things I do for booze! :v

Greg
02-09-2014, 02:54 AM
I discovered Malibu last night. Good stuff.

wwretched
02-11-2014, 10:15 PM
I don't know if anyone's said this, but hard cider with a bit of cinnamon whiskey is a drink right after my own heart. It tastes just like apple pie. I also tried a drink called red death at a con; I can't quite remember what was in it but it tasted like licorice! I'd love to try that again. I'd love to find a good beer, but sadly all of the commercial stuff is just nasty to me. I tried a bit of Double Dragon and that's probably the only beer I've liked, too bad it's probably ungodly expensive and not served commonly to my knowledge.

If/when I start going to bars I'll probably just stick to hard ciders--I also have a gluten intolerance and cider's gluten free!

Hewge
02-11-2014, 10:57 PM
Gimme something with an umbrella in it, yo.

Ouiji
02-12-2014, 04:22 AM
Just tried Duval-Leroy Rosé Champagne, at a bar that had some 200 year old books available for reading. I felt like a sir ^^

EDIT: Would've been better with some Glenlivet Scotch, but still nice

Nightpaws
02-12-2014, 05:39 AM
Sucks that the only pub anywhere near me that does real ales, shots, cocktails and the likes is 40 miles from my house and I need to drive home most days.

At best I can have a pint of normal beer, so my usual is either Carling, or Coors. :3

sassySloth
02-12-2014, 01:38 PM
Oh hangovers.

Stage 1: "I never want to see alcohol again."
Stage 2: "Please stay down breakfast ..."
Stage 3: "Hey I can see straight. I could probably drink again tonight..."
Stage 4: (Next morning) "I'm a dumb person"

chocomage
02-17-2014, 04:17 AM
Finally picked up a bottle of Chivas Regal. I have to say I have an easier time drinking this than drinking Jack. 10/10 will drink again.

sassySloth
02-17-2014, 08:29 AM
Does anyone else binge? I typically only drink one day a week as a binge.

Batty Krueger
02-17-2014, 08:54 AM
Finally picked up a bottle of Chivas Regal. I have to say I have an easier time drinking this than drinking Jack. 10/10 will drink again.
Jack is total crap. Just the smell of it makes me want to vomit.

Anyway I've been digging mead lately.

chocomage
02-17-2014, 09:22 AM
Does anyone else binge? I typically only drink one day a week as a binge.

Generally I get pretty wasted on wednesdays. I seem to go in waves. I'll get drunk every day for a few months then I'll stick to once or twice a week, but I'll make up for it in those days. It mainly depends on the weather since I don't drive, especially when drinking.

Yea I never really liked jack. But if you give me a glass of jack I'm sure as hell not turning it down!

Carnau
02-17-2014, 05:30 PM
Anyway I've been digging mead lately.

I would like to try that actually, the oblivion games have been tempting me I'm afraid.
@thread: I'm fine with wine, champagne and beer. Hard liqueur always turns everything into a bad night unfortunately.

Nattles
02-24-2014, 03:33 PM
I don't drink a ton since I'm a baby lightweight, and I usually end up disliking most alcohols straight. Beers and wines are usually way too bitter, even the light or "sweet" wines. I'm definitely a "girly-drink" person haha, whereas my husband loves dark craft beers. Over Thanksgiving, however, I got to enjoy my first wine: a very light, succulent blueberry wine.

On the other hand, I'm crazy about mojitos. It's my favorite go-to drink when eating out. I love the classic mojitos with lime, as well as variants like strawberry, lemon, cherry, and pear. That said, I'm picky about how certain restaurants prepare mojitos. Anything done with a fruit-flavored syrup usually just tastes bad, ugh. I also love coffee with Baileys or Kahlua and other similar mixed drinks.

sassySloth
02-25-2014, 04:14 PM
Since when does the corner store have Bud Light 6-packs for 5 dollars?! I've been drinking Busch this whole time when I could have been drinking a good, shitty bear.

P.S: 100th Weasyl post. Huzzah.

taliruq
03-05-2014, 04:52 AM
Vodka is my go-to drink. I don't mind drinking it straight all night if I have to - like when parties are outside or in the bush and there's nowhere to mix drinks. Given the chance though, screwdrivers or non-virgin shirley temples are rad as hell, or even mixed with red bull.
Mike's Hard is good if I just wanna relax and not get too smashed, or i've had pretty good moonshine when its the other way around. I've never tried absinthe, though I'd like to at some point.

Zura
03-05-2014, 06:17 AM
Oooh so many new things to try in this thread!
Personally not much of a beer drinker - never really found one I like the taste of enough to drink more than one.
I used to go for Mike's Hard Lemonade or Smirnoff Twisted if I couldn't get mixed drinks. I absolutely love Midori, though. A good Midori Sour is my favorite drink, but since both Midori and Sweet & Sour mix are endangered or extinct species where I am, I don't get them too often. I also like Cointreau mixed with Sprite or "artisan lemonade" (fizzy).

For wines I enjoy a nice crisp Reisling. I think the best one I'd ever tasted was while on vacation - a locally produced from Vienna (Austria). Sooooo good!

Tiido
03-05-2014, 11:52 AM
As far as beer goes I am not a fan, but one time I got some home made "honey beer" and I actually liked it.
It tasted kinda sweet and didn't have any of the bitterness that beer normally does, that is a total win for me ^^
...but I have not had that one ever since (10 years the very least)...

Aden
03-06-2014, 11:43 PM

Do you like other whiskeys, and if so, what kinds? What are your favorite characteristics when you have brown spirits (e.g. fruitiness, spiciness, smokiness, etc.)? I hesitate to throw out a recommendation without knowing your tastes because Scotch whiskey covers quite a big area of flavors; you may hate one type and adore another

I'm all for Jack bashing, but I have to say the Single Barrel is tolerable. I certainly wouldn't turn down a glass of it if offered. I also bought my grandpa a bottle of the 'Sinatra Select', which was actually quite — dare I say it? — good!

Of course, it was not nearly good enough to justify its price, but my grandpa's a big Jack fan and I wanted to do something special

chocomage
03-07-2014, 04:31 PM
Do you like other whiskeys, and if so, what kinds? What are your favorite characteristics when you have brown spirits (e.g. fruitiness, spiciness, smokiness, etc.)? I hesitate to throw out a recommendation without knowing your tastes because Scotch whiskey covers quite a big area of flavors; you may hate one type and adore another

Well to put it simply I like booze that tastes like... well... shit... It has to have that after taste that you know you are gonna be drunk in a bit. I had black velvet toasted caramel the other day and I had to fight myself to drink it, same with red stag. I would much rather you hand me a bottle of R&R, or canadian LTD. I can't really place my finger on what the flavor it is but my preference for whiskey is maker's mark. I am pretty fond of the Chivas Regal I picked up the other day. My all time favorite hard alcohol for flavor would have to be bacardi gold.

Aden
03-07-2014, 08:16 PM
Well to put it simply I like booze that tastes like... well... shit... It has to have that after taste that you know you are gonna be drunk in a bit. I had black velvet toasted caramel the other day and I had to fight myself to drink it, same with red stag. I would much rather you hand me a bottle of R&R, or canadian LTD. I can't really place my finger on what the flavor it is but my preference for whiskey is maker's mark. I am pretty fond of the Chivas Regal I picked up the other day. My all time favorite hard alcohol for flavor would have to be bacardi gold.

tbh it sounds like you haven't really developed your tastes and don't quite know what you like yet — and that's perfectly okay! Let's see if we can't get you started.

First off, a disclaimer: when you're talking about good whiskies, keep in mind that the end goal is flavor and experience and not so much getting drunk. Good whiskey is for sipping and smelling and slowly appreciating. The second half of your first sentence worries me a bit, and if you're just in it for the alcohol you can save a lot of money by not listening to me.

Anyway! Let's start with Chivas Regal. Chivas Regal (12, I'm assuming) is a blend, and a fairly innocuous one at that; its draws are that it's widely available, it's consistent, and it's fairly simple in flavor and easy for non-scotch-drinkers to get into. This is the kind of thing that the Johnnie Walker line is like these days and it's part of the reason said brand is so popular. You might try out Johnnie Walker Black for a similar (but slightly better) experience to Chivas Regal 12. (PS: don't waste your time with JW Red)

As for getting into the wide expanse of flavor that scotch can offer, here are some starter single-malts that represent somewhat of a cross-section of scotch's characteristics. These are widely available and shouldn't break the bank:

Glenfiddich 12-year - Speyside. This is commonly regarded as one of the stalwart starter single-malts because it's not that complex and it's fairly inoffensive. Crisp, sweet, malty, slightly nutty. It should be easy to try this, as it's everywhere and it's cheap
Highland Park 12-year - island (Orkney). A bit more demanding, but once you get into it it's worth it. It's complex for its age, very rich. Sherry influence, sweet melting into dryness
Caol Ila 12-year - Islay. Can't make one of these lists without something peaty! Islay malts are quite polarizing. I tend to like them, but many don't. Here's where you're going to get that strong peat and smoke flavor that's characteristic of the region.

If you manage to give these a try, let me know which you like best and we can work from there. Of course, you don't have to listen to any of this. I got into scotch by trying things that are completely different from this list and it grew organically from there. One thing I will stress: try before you buy a whole bottle if you can. Go to bars, go to tastings, become friends with someone who likes it and is willing to share. Scotch seems to be, more often than not, a love-it-or-hate-it deal and I wouldn't want you to waste your money on something you're not going to drink

Batty Krueger
03-07-2014, 08:21 PM
I always accompany my fine scotchs with a fine cigar. They compliment eachother nicely. And remember kids, you dont inhale cigars!

chocomage
03-07-2014, 09:15 PM
Sorry for not using the quote feature-

@aden You are correct, I am very much an amateur at tasting the booze, determining what qualities it has and the works. The end of the first sentence is mainly to describe the burning after taste that most boozes have. As much as fireball tastes like an incredibly cinnamony booze it doesn't have that "shit" taste. I was simply making a point to the fact that I strongly dislike the overly sweet liquors that people nowadays call whiskies. I guess I just don't know how to judge a flavor to when I sip on a booze.

The Chivas Regal I have is the 12 yes. I did find it rather easy to drink. Most people I have talked to in person tell me that Johnnie Walker is a complete waste of money and I should avoid purchasing it.

It was a toss up between glenfiddich and chivas regal when I was at the store picking it up. I don't think I have seen the Highland Park in my area before, But the caol ila definitely sounds familiar. I will keep an eye out for both those at the bars when I make my rounds the next couple weeks.

When it comes down to it as much as I want to start drinking scotch I don't know if I'm ready to give up being a drunk asshole... Drinking is one of my few outlets for stress nowadays.

Aden
03-07-2014, 09:24 PM
Most people I have talked to in person tell me that Johnnie Walker is a complete waste of money and I should avoid purchasing it.

Blue is most definitely a waste of money. It's expensive and inoffensive, the perfect drink for people that buy their drinks for status and not for taste. People say Green was good, though it's been discontinued. Black tends to be reasonably-priced and wouldn't be throwing your money away, though I still personally don't like the brand as a whole.

When it comes down to it as much as I want to start drinking scotch I don't know if I'm ready to give up being a drunk asshole... Drinking is one of my few outlets for stress nowadays.

Could always start off with a nice slow scotch and then spend the rest of the night drinking cheaper stuff. I wouldn't recommend the other way around. (Unsolicited advice warning:) Though surely there are healthier ways to relieve stress.

Rilvor
03-08-2014, 03:09 AM
I've been experimenting lately with some Bombay Sapphire Gin, anyone have recommendations for other Gin brands? Not that I am not very pleased with the Bombay Sapphire, but it never hurts to branch out.

Also Batty, I've wanted to try Mead for so long (as has my Fiance). If you come to visit us again you simply must bring some, we can't find it anywhere local.

Tiido
05-26-2014, 10:25 AM
Mead is really really good stuff ! I bought some couple days ago out of interest... and I shall be buying it again.
I have also developed a liking to beer, and have been trying out different kinds and attempting to find one really naiss one out of them. The selection is huge...

Matt Conner
05-26-2014, 06:00 PM
Here's a drink my friend's dad made up, and it is absolutely fantastic if you're just lookin' to get hammered for cheap. It's called a Scotty, basically you pour a cup half with tequila and half with fresca, then add liberal squirts of lemon and lime juice. As you get to the bottom of it and it gets more gritty, you keep adding juice and fresca to taste, then when it's all gone ya start all over again ;3

Username3
05-26-2014, 06:51 PM
Spicy. I'm not good with names, whatever the spicy things are.

Roxanne_Fox
05-26-2014, 08:21 PM
Here's a drink my friend's dad made up, and it is absolutely fantastic if you're just lookin' to get hammered for cheap. It's called a Scotty, basically you pour a cup half with tequila and half with fresca, then add liberal squirts of lemon and lime juice. As you get to the bottom of it and it gets more gritty, you keep adding juice and fresca to taste, then when it's all gone ya start all over again ;3

Dayum dude, that sounds like a waste of tequila, I would much prefer to drink it straight not mix it with fresca...
Then again I buy good tequila

Matt Conner
05-27-2014, 04:43 AM
Dayum dude, that sounds like a waste of tequila, I would much prefer to drink it straight not mix it with fresca...
Then again I buy good tequila

It's for shitty tequila really. Also I hate tequila and that's the only way I can choke it down.

sassySloth
05-27-2014, 08:09 PM
Has anyone had Stone's Imperial Russian Stout before? I would be comfortable saying it was "Mind-blowing." Just so dense and flavorful.... shwinggg.

http://blog.stonebrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/irs.jpg

piñardilla
05-28-2014, 09:58 AM
Has anyone had Stone's Imperial Russian Stout before? I would be comfortable saying it was "Mind-blowing." Just so dense and flavorful.... shwinggg.

http://blog.stonebrew.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/01/irs.jpg

I've had Old Rasputin, which I also found awesome. Will keep an eye out for this.

Onnes
07-04-2014, 09:39 PM
Truly the best thing to the come out of this World Cup is the continued rise of of the Caipirinha, the national cocktail of Brazil, made solely with lime, sugar, ice, and cachaça, cachaça being fermented sugarcane juice which tastes like an even funkier version of tequila. These things really occupy a sweet spot comparing taste and difficulty to mix, and as a bonus they aren't sickeningly sweet unless you purposely overload them with sugar.

TeenageAngst
07-06-2014, 02:38 AM
My friend recently got his bar tending license, after which point we discussed the laziness and inadequacy of modern bar tenders. How they don't know how to make drinks right, how they sometimes screw them up out of laziness, and how sometimes they get so bad they won't even stir the mixed drinks. I once ordered a gin & tonic on the rocks and it was served without a slice of lime! We agreed that this was only partly their problem though, a good portion of the issue came from the fact that the customers are completely undiscerning. Most people under the age of 40 wouldn't know a good drink from a bad one unless they saw the bill afterwords. We noticed a trend in how people ordered drinks. Old cocktails were things like Old Fashioneds and Manhattans, things that serve to bring out the flavor of the alcohol and compliment it, not cover it up (my personal favorite is a Rob Roy). Then came things like Screw on the Beach, Long Island Iced Tea, and other "chick" drinks. Now we've moved on to cocktails that are little more than shoving alcohol together with whatever is on hand.

The goal of modern drinks seems to be to get you as smashed as possible as quickly as possible as cheaply as possible without tasting the alcohol at all. Thus, my friend and I followed this thought process to its natural conclusion:

Take 2-3 shots of 100 proof cheap vodka or grain alcohol and pour them into a 12oz. glass.
Add warm water until the glass is about it's about 80% full.
Add 4 tablespoons of light corn syrup at least.
Stir and serve on a sanitary napkin.

It tastes like nothing, you can chug it relentlessly, it's mind-bogglingly cheap, and it will get you plastered almost instantly. We call it the Sorority Girl in honor of its intended audience.

Tiido
07-20-2014, 11:57 AM
http://www.tmeeco.eu/BitShit/AlcoholRanking.jpg

84 beers in my guest to try out ALL beers I can get my hands on locally.
Stuff on left is not good, stuff on right is awesome.

I don't like pilsner type beers.
I like dark beers.
I seem to like beer drinks such as Radler.
German, UK and Russian beers seem to be awesome.
I am not fond of Czech beers that I have had.

I need to make a spreadsheet or something describing my experiences.

medacris
07-20-2014, 04:11 PM
I don't drink often, but I like Rum 'n' Coke, Margaritas, Mojitos, Sangria, and Brandy Alexander. I'd like to eventually find a couple wines and/or beers to drink, too. So far, I haven't liked anything I've tried.

Owleyes
07-21-2014, 01:02 AM
I tried Peach Schnapps the other day
It was pretty good, wish I had some right now

chocomage
07-23-2014, 12:33 PM
White Russians are delicious. When I order mixed drinks I tend to lean towards the stronger drinks like liquid marijuana, Irish trashcan, most the things they were usually allowed to sell 2-3 to you a night. These drinks tend to have a stronger alcohol flavor tho. A rum and coke or whiskey coke are classics that never really go wrong. If your looking for something easier to drink I would go with a pineapple upside down cake. all I could really suggest is try new things. You'll find some stuff you love but some you hate. I'm pretty nerdy so I get a lot of stuff I try from thedrunkenmoogle.com which if a blog devoted to mostly video game drinks.

I hope this helped a little.

piñardilla
07-24-2014, 02:57 AM
So with passenger aircraft full of AIDS researchers being shot down by Ukrainian rebels, Israel blowing up hundreds of Palestinians for daring to form a unified government, and Congress as deadlocked as ever, it's a good time to be posting in the booze thread.

Stormy Seas

12 oz. Bundaberg or Barritt's ginger beer (Canada Dry ain't gonna cut it)
6 oz. Kraken dark spiced rum

Pour the rum over ice in a big glass, then add the ginger beer.
Garnish with a lime wedge.
Turn on the news.
Drink heavily.

Rory
07-27-2014, 08:05 PM
6 oz. Kraken dark spiced rum

I know I've complemented you on this before, or someone in this thread, but mmm. Kraken. Anyway, I've been cutting back on gluten stuff recently since I seem to be getting progressively worse reactions, so I've gone down the path of ciders and have been drinking a lot of Angry Orchard. I gotta say though, I found some of Woodchuck's Private Reserve Belgian White style cider and omg, that stuff is amaaaaazing. What a wonderful balance.

Nattles
07-27-2014, 08:36 PM
I tried Peach Schnapps the other day
It was pretty good, wish I had some right now

Seeing this post gives me a craving for a Fuzzy Navel. I haven't had one of those in a while. Hmm, I wonder if that would taste good with orange sherbet instead of orange juice.

Matt Conner
07-29-2014, 01:26 AM
White Russians are delicious.
That rug really tied the room together, dude.

chocomage
07-29-2014, 04:30 AM
You have no clue how much of a scene I made when I found that dvd in walmart. Walking down the isle, mid sentence, I shouted HOLY FUCK THEY HAVE IT. After years of searching I think that was a very calm response.

I was a little upset the last white russian that I ordered in a bar got topped with whip cream and a cherry. Why do people gotta screw with a the dudes recipe?

NovaCaine
10-05-2014, 02:01 AM
I really enjoy beer more than I do hard liquor.
Beers such as blonds, IPA's and whites. I like best.

as for wine I enjoy Rose's and whites, and Ice wine :D

DrunkCat
10-06-2014, 10:32 AM
http://www.glutenista.com/uploads/4/0/5/9/4059178/6098645.jpg

Matt Conner
10-09-2014, 02:13 PM
Lately I've become a bit of a beer snob. What can I say? I like a good brew with dinner. Lately I've taken a shine to Mississippi Mud and Kirin Ichiban. I think I'm more of a light beer kinda guy, but mississipi mud is just so smooth and creamy!

sassySloth
10-10-2014, 06:04 AM
I've come up with a really cool cocktail. It's called um Showerbeers. To make one you just bring a beer into a shower with you and drink it. Just make sure you don't let any water in!

Llama
10-11-2014, 02:38 AM
I've come up with a really cool cocktail. It's called um Showerbeers. To make one you just bring a beer into a shower with you and drink it. Just make sure you don't let any water in!

Multi-tasking, I like it.

wwretched
10-11-2014, 03:46 AM
i'm not that big of a drinker, i'll take what i can get basically. i really love hard cider, especially angry orchard! but thanks to my new roommates i'm getting introduced to a lot of new things, like strawberry vodka, jello shots, and we're gonna make this sort of vodka angel food cake tomorrow? it made sense when he described it, but it apparently can get you drunk so i'm game!

i don't like beer, though. at all. my moirail (she's my queerplatonic partner, but we use that term instead bc we're both homestuck trash) is into craft beers and i've had a couple of the "really good" ones, but they all taste nasty to me. to each their own i guess!