PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] The Collections Issue

floe
02-19-2013, 11:11 AM
So I've been seeing a lot of complaints about collections, and I really can't help but identify. One of the -better- parts of Other Art Websites is that it creates a community and subculture between artist and fandom individual. Weasyl, right now, is primarily an art site, but I find there will be a larger surplus of fans for the artist if they can interact and be involved in some way, either in roleplay, or just hangin' out.

Currently, when a non-artist user has their own weasyl page, it's pretty barren. My suggestion therefore is to make a togglable "profile setup". If you're an artist, you can set your profile splash page to show off -your- work. If you're a commissioner or fan, you can have it set up to display work other people have done for you/Collections by default. I know I've found MANY artists just by perusing my friends' commissions! This can be togglable, as in up in the profile you can click something like "View Fan Page" or something, and it'll shift you on over to their Collections, if you're an artist like me and -also- commission other people :3

Am I making sense? Haha

Fiz
02-19-2013, 03:56 PM
We're aware of the many issues with Collections currently and have received a load of feedback about how to improve it. I think this is a pretty nifty idea, because it not only helps Collections but would add more page customization.

Thanks for the feedback!

NamelessTraveler
02-19-2013, 04:28 PM
Now this is a cool idea!
I know that my mate, as someone who doesn't really make any art, he would love this feature because on FA he'd complain about not really having anything up on his page.

Would it be possible to do the same thing, except show favorites instead too? :)