PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Some questions about integrating a current website/portfolio with a Wealys account.

OneEyedDoe
07-29-2012, 08:15 AM
Im really not sure if I should ask this here, but I thought I would give it a go.

I have a website that has my information/prices/portfolio etc.
FA does not allow you to put images on your user profile or really any way to advertise/showcase your personal website aside from a small link.
I was curious if there will be a better way to show you have a website that has more information about your work etc. Possibly a small banner?

Or would I need to add my website info to the large image banner on our profiles that Ive heard about?

Eminoxic
07-29-2012, 08:19 AM
Im really not sure if I should ask this here, but I thought I would give it a go.

I have a website that has my information/prices/portfolio etc.
FA does not allow you to put images on your user profile or really any way to advertise/showcase your personal website aside from a small link.
I was curious if there will be a better way to show you have a website that has more information about your work etc. Possibly a small banner?

Or would I need to add my website info to the large image banner on our profiles that Ive heard about?

Just woke up, but if I understand this correctly, you want to put a banner on your profile that advertises your work? I see nothing wrong with that. It's your personal space! Just keep in mind the forums are PG-13.

OneEyedDoe
07-29-2012, 08:22 AM
Well im more curious about the actual Weasyl site, and if they will allow images on your user profile? Or if it will be like FA where you can only use text and user icons.
Or even have a separate space for personal portfolios/websites?

Taw
07-29-2012, 08:23 AM
We have options on Weasyl to list your commission prices, which will appear on your profile neat and tidy like so:

http://gyazo.com/8019602bc34e552bd541f6e9aaa1524e.png?1343563775

However, we do have custom profile headers for your profile on Weasyl so you can advertise it there, as well as links to your site(s) can be added as well to your Weasyl profile. I think Kihari can address this more thoroughly though since him and Aden do the mainsite coding and such.

OneEyedDoe
07-29-2012, 08:26 AM
We have options on Weasyl to list your commission prices, which will appear on your profile neat and tidy like so:

However, we do have custom profile headers for your profile on Weasyl so you can advertise it there, as well as links to your site(s) can be added as well to your Weasyl profile. I think Kihari can address this more thoroughly though since him and Aden do the mainsite coding and such.

My prices are a bit complicated since I do Suit/Costume work. Im afraid just a price list wont cover all the information I need to share. On my website I can go over my disclaimer and other information. Will we be able to add things like this to our little prices area? Or will it have limited characters?

Taw
07-29-2012, 08:32 AM
My prices are a bit complicated since I do Suit/Costume work. Im afraid just a price list wont cover all the information I need to share. On my website I can go over my disclaimer and other information. Will we be able to add things like this to our little prices area? Or will it have limited characters?

I do believe we discussed this as a team and I'm not 100% certain but I think you can add descriptions to your prices and such. As for disclaimers and such, I can ask Kihari if we can try and add tidbits like that to the bottom of the commissions section, perhaps.

OneEyedDoe
07-29-2012, 08:39 AM
I do believe we discussed this as a team and I'm not 100% certain but I think you can add descriptions to your prices and such. As for disclaimers and such, I can ask Kihari if we can try and add tidbits like that to the bottom of the commissions section, perhaps.

That would be fantastic.
My problem is that people just see my prices and immediately try to contact me about quotes and commissions. This already skips a few steps of my commission process. (having them read my TOS, FAQ, disclaimer etc.) It just turns into a huge mess with me and trying to organize commissions and making sure my customers are informed before they decide to commission me or even take the time to contact me.

But thank you for getting back to me! Its greatly appreciated, and I hope the developers/whoever does this kind of work designs something that makes commissions a breeze for the artist as much as for the commissioners.

Kihari
07-29-2012, 05:08 PM

The commission prices sidebar does indeed have a place for inserting a few paragraphs about your work, a short terms of service, and so on. This paragraph does go through the BBCode parser, so links to your personal site or to additional information can certainly be typed there.

GreenReaper
07-29-2012, 08:21 PM
I think you may be missing the profile ID option in profile settings (http://www.furaffinity.net/controls/profile/) (down and to the right, upload the image you want to display in scraps first; I believe the max width is 300px).

teckworks
08-01-2012, 05:13 AM
Holy shit a commission info section that ACTUALLY WORKS? How does an artist like myself create a reality that encompasses such an idea?