PDA

View Full Version : Possible to change Thumbnail Size?

diadexxus
02-18-2013, 03:26 PM
I find myself squinting at my screen looking at the 1" x 1" thumbnails, and not getting much detail.

Is there a way (or will there be in the future) possibly having a choice on how big to show thumbnails (such as doubling the size to 2x2 on the screen?)

Just wondering. Its a nice place :)

-J / Dia

Marsonaut
02-18-2013, 09:13 PM
Its definitely something the site could improve on. Doesn't look like theres a way to change it yet.

Trianine
02-19-2013, 07:32 AM
As it is currently, it is nearly impossible to figure out what is going on in most images, based on the thumbnail. The current thumbnail sizes are great for avatars or busts, but not terribly helpful for scenery or anything with characters that interact. Clicking on anything can be a gamble from "oh, that's nice" to "OMG what is that, WTF, DIAF D;<"

TigerBeacon
02-19-2013, 01:18 PM
I also have a problem with determining how big the preview size should be to keep the final thumbnail from being blurry. Normally, I'd just size it the same size as the final thumbnail, but more often than not it ends up being really blurry as if I picked too small a size. If anything, when trying to size out a thumbnail, I'd think there's be sort of a minimum default size that wouldn't result in quality loss.