PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] Character Tagging IN artwork

Mayhem
02-17-2013, 03:35 PM
I love the fact that we can add characters to our page so that everyone can quickly see which characters are ours. We can even take the time to tag and multi-tag our character to make him easier to search for.

1. We know a lot of artist end up drawing their character a lot and it would be nice if we could have an option when submitting artwork of our own character that we can tag our own pre-made character and all the tags from that character would automatically go in.

So like mine for instance, instead of typing out all those tags for my character Mayhem.
There would be an option where I click that its Mayhem, All those tags from his description would automatically go in.

It would be nice to be able to add other peoples characters tags too an easier way, but I cant think of an easy way to do that since they are linked to the account uploading the art.

Mayhem

PS
2. A second idea that spawned off this when I was writing this. If we did have this option to tag our character in our artwork, it would be pretty awesome if that new piece of artwork showed up on the character page at the bottom. Kind of like creating your own gallery for that character.
That would also be fun for people viewing our artwork, if they looked at your character they would see a bunch of work at the bottom of what you have already drawn of him/her.

Thanks a lot and I am totally open for discussion of this or thoughts. Maybe an even better idea will spawn from all this.

Mayhem
02-18-2013, 06:25 PM
3. Oh and then thinking more about this site I thought of another thing.

A lot of people make comics, I think it would be cool if we had another option just for comics, Maybe it groups those images or groups them into a viewer.

(edit) Oh and if does group them in a viewer or gallery of their own, Maybe it can be watched so that people can see when the comic is updated and new images are added.

Just figured I would post on the same thread instead of making multiple ones.

Springdragon
02-18-2013, 09:26 PM
Yes please. With the submit character feature, I was expecting a feature like this, where the character's page would show a gallery of works featuring him/her/it. Otherwise, what's the difference between submitting a character and just submitting a ref sheet as normal artwork?

Crownless
02-19-2013, 11:59 PM
I also expected a character tagging system! Without it, there is no difference between using the characters feature and uploading a sheet normally as Springdragon has said. You can place the NAME, AGE, ETC... in there yourself. You can even create a 'Characters' folder in your gallery.

Mayhem
02-20-2013, 04:29 PM
Well I wouldnt say its useless. It does let people quickly find the characters that ARE yours, incase your drawing a lot of other peoples characters.
I think expanding on it would be great though. Really helping to bring your character out.

I think we should have a few custom fields on it so we might be able to add even more interesting things about our character,
or maybe a custom banner or something on that page too
Or a custom icon on that page for them, like a little 100x100 lil icon image of them.

Ok so maybe I am brainstorming too much. I just really like this site and see so much potential in it.

Mayhem
02-24-2013, 08:13 PM
4. Another idea that i think is VERY VERY IMPORTANT TO PUT IN NOW!!!! is to go ahead and put in a spot for advertising. I know I stole this idea from FA but theirs was only 20$ a month or whatever but that brought in money to help keep the site going. I think that this site should start now. That way all these ideas we are putting in will finance the site early so it can keep growing.