PDA

View Full Version : FEATURE REQUEST - User-based filtering

SuburbanFox
02-17-2013, 07:12 AM
Tag filters are great, but would it be possible to add specific users to them?

For example - I'm aware of an artist whose NSFW work really doesn't appeal to me and I want them to disappear from the browse page, but I don't want to block them outright (their General Audiences stuff is actually pretty good).

It'd be nice if I could add a Standard Filter for e.g. "user:nsfwartist123" with rating "Suggestive and higher" and have their NSFW art disappear from my feed (assuming, of course, that it's rated correctly)

weykent
02-17-2013, 03:30 PM
moving this thread; the site support forum is not for feature requests. thanks though!

this might've been brought up in common suggestions before. just trying to clean up site support for now.

ShadWolf
02-17-2013, 05:27 PM
You can set your Site Preferences in your Settings so you can only see stuff under that specific rating. [ General | Moderate +13 | Explicit +18 ]

Dark
02-17-2013, 05:30 PM
You can set your Site Preferences in your Settings so you can only see stuff under that specific rating. [ General | Moderate +13 | Explicit +18 ]

That's not the point of this suggestion. OP is asking for a way to filter those ratings out of individual user's galleries, not globally.

ShadWolf
02-17-2013, 06:46 PM
That's not the point of this suggestion. OP is asking for a way to filter those ratings out of individual user's galleries, not globally.

Then that would probably have to be done with a SFW Button to filter what you want to see on each page, and that would sound like alot of hard work having to go from page-to-page manually selecting what you want to filter, when you just as well edit your Site Preferences.

Fay V
02-17-2013, 07:17 PM
Then that would probably have to be done with a SFW Button to filter what you want to see on each page, and that would sound like alot of hard work having to go from page-to-page manually selecting what you want to filter, when you just as well edit your Site Preferences.
I believe the OP was asking if user names could be treated as a tag. Currently users can block specific tags, so I could put "pirates" and not see any item tagged with pirates. If one does not care about NSFW content but doesn't like one user they could in theory block the user tag, thus the items made by that user are not seen.

I quite like the idea and will be sure to pass it on to make sure it's on our suggestion list.

SuburbanFox
02-23-2013, 10:05 PM
Got it in one, Fay - that's exactly what I was talking about.

In a nutshell, I follow a few artists who do some really nice general-audiences work, but their NSFW art is really not my cup of tea. I'd like to get rid of their NSFW art from my list without eliminating the general-audiences (or in some cases mature) art.

foxboyprower
04-02-2013, 04:12 PM
Inkbunny has some great features that do this stuff.