PDA

View Full Version : [FORUM] Question regarding links to sharing and streaming sites

Kitten
07-28-2012, 06:42 PM
What is the forum policy toward linking to things like torrents and streaming sites? The rules say "No posting . . .encouragement or admittance [of] illegal activity," and I'm not sure if that just refers to "regular" crimes (thievery etc.) or if that includes copyright infringement of that sort as well. I figure stuff of that nature should be handled off-site (that's the policy on other forums I've been on in the past), though I would ask if it would be okay to, at times, link to livestreams of movies and the stuff of that nature (community-involving things).

Judicant
07-28-2012, 07:01 PM
I believe the policy is that we do not allow links to torrents and streaming sites (where the streamed content is protected, like TV shows). You are free to discuss this actions privately at your own risk, but discussing it on the forums is a no-no.

*I say this without currently being in contact with other staff, so there's a chance I could be wrong. However, it's better to stay on the side of caution, is it not? ;)

Littlerock
07-28-2012, 07:05 PM
What of streaming of non-copyrighted material? I know I'm not the only artist type that enjoys having folks watch them draw.

Taw
07-28-2012, 07:10 PM
You are allowed to advertise your personal streams for art and such, but please don't advertise:
-torrents
-"warez"/"cracks
-movie/TV streams

Kitten
07-28-2012, 07:59 PM
Thank you for the clarification, just wanted to make sure. ^_^

Shane
07-28-2012, 08:02 PM
I think I know why this question was asked suddenly.

But what if it's your personal stream but you stream TV shows and movies while drawing. :V

Judicant
07-29-2012, 12:23 AM
I think I know why this question was asked suddenly.

But what if it's your personal stream but you stream TV shows and movies while drawing. :V

It depends how you describe it. If you bring up the fact that you'll be distributing protected content, then it's a problem. If you advertise it as an art stream, and you end up steaming a movie during, you haven't posted anything on our end that violates our policies.

Fay V
07-29-2012, 12:24 AM
in the end we don't want to bring liability into the site. If you're telling people how to pirate or where to find copyrighted material that is against the rules. If you are in a stream off site and listen to music or watch a movie that isn't our jurisdiction any longer. We just don't want to be a place where people network on how to get illegal materials.