PDA

View Full Version : [SUGGESTION] Custom order for all submissions/Character files

Slipping Star
02-16-2013, 11:54 PM
I think it'd be nice to be able to change the order the submissions show up in our gallery and character area. For example, I posed my main character first, but now she's at the bottom of the list!

Also, it'd be nice to have folders for our characters, in case we have a lot and are in different worlds/series/etc.

Dark
02-17-2013, 12:28 AM
Also, it'd be nice to have folders for our characters, in case we have a lot and are in different worlds/series/etc.

Oh Lord, this'd be immensely helpful should I ever get the funds to have references done for all my 20+ characters.

... Yeah, I'm horrible, but such a thing comes with owning a roleplaying forum.

Cassander
02-21-2013, 03:25 AM
This, please.

As I think about uploading my writing, I'm also trying to worry about the order things will appear, with old stuff mixed in with new. It would be very, very nice to have a way to change the order of submissions within a folder.

JRWenzel
04-06-2013, 11:35 AM
Defiantly, custom ordering would be extremely helpful.

Dipper
04-07-2013, 07:50 AM
This is a main concern of mine, as well, since I am in the process of uploading a (presently) 112 chapter audio story. I am working on new chapters, and won't be done uploading the old ones (at a chapter a day) until this summer. I'd hate to have to make people wait months for new submissions, just because I'm still uploading old ones.

In addition, I have a folder for songs associated with the chapters, which I want to put in order of their appearance in the story. However, I often record songs that are not associated with the story, and add them into the story at a later point. It means switching folders, which is okay, but since they appear in order of submission, the song would be out of order for the story.

Now, I could make a navigation bar, but that's a lot of work Being able to change the order in the folder would be easier.

Atlantahammy
04-13-2013, 03:18 PM
Ahh this this this! I'd love to have this D: since i am new and just joined, I wanna put some my old art I posted behind the newer art I submitted first.

Airu
04-16-2013, 03:18 PM
I would really like the character section to be developed more, there is so much more that can be done for it!
Honestly, it's such a good idea, but the way it is on Weasyl I haven't even bothered using it yet.

The ONLY reason I ever even visit Nabyn anymore is for the character section. That was the best part about that site for me. I don't understand why Weasyl makes you upload a completely new image for the character page, how come it doesn't just let you embed an image that already exists in your gallery?

foxboyprower
04-24-2013, 11:32 AM
Yes... Very much yes. This is essential to organization which is arguably, why weasyl has many of the members that it does. It's why I'm here at least.
But changing the order of submissions is key to people who make art with a sequential story behind it.