PDA

View Full Version : Allow More Than 3 Gallery Folders On Front Page

FancyOwls
02-16-2013, 10:55 PM
When viewed at full format, there is room for at least 6 folders to be shown in a row, but for some reason the site only shows three, despite how wide the browser is pulled. For the newest submissions, it seems to be able to show as many or few as the browser size will allow for (up to the max width of the site) so why not folders? It looks very silly having 3 folders spread across what should be a 6 folder gap.

People are going to want to show off more than 3, most people have more than 3 characters who I'm sure will all get folders for some people. Since the site doesn't allow me to actually feature a submission, I'm sad that the folder I most want to show off (my paintings) got bumped off my from page entirely by my sketches folder.

Why is this the case?

- - - Updated - - -

Heck, why stop at 6, why not as many as people want to make? It's not like that room is being taken up by art, shouts do not need to take up more space on a gallery page than the art is allowed to.

Nyomi
02-19-2013, 03:34 PM
Heck, why stop at 6, why not as many as people want to make? It's not like that room is being taken up by art, shouts do not need to take up more space on a gallery page than the art is allowed to.

Agreed on your whole point, but this especially. Shouts shouldn't be so prominent. If one goes to see a gallery in person, would one be more interested in the art on the walls/panels or comments left in a guestbook? Is Weasyl putting art or social activities first?