PDA

View Full Version : Weasyl <3's You- Open Beta

Fay V
02-14-2013, 03:38 PM
http://i.imgur.com/XG2O54c.png

Happy Valentine's Day everyone!

We have been overwhelmed by all the support and good will extended to us over the past year, especially once our closed beta had started. Our fans have been so helpful in spreading the word, offering ideas, and giving feedback and today, of all days, we wanted to extend our thanks with our own Valentine's Day gift.

Today we are pleased to announce that we will be entering our "Open Beta" period, effective immediately! We will no longer be requiring invitations to register to the site and welcome anyone interested in making a new Weasyl account. This has been one of our many development goals and we are excited to open up our site to a larger user base and build a more robust artistic community.

Please note that this is still a beta period and we are continually updating and improving the site. Your help in identifying site issues is always appreciated and can be reported either on our forums or by emailing us at support@weasyl.com. Also be sure to review our Community Guidelines (https://www.weasyl.com/policy/community) and Rating Guide (https://www.weasyl.com/help/ratings) before uploading to your new account.

We're looking forward to seeing many new faces, so please, spread the word to anyone interested in a new Weasyl experience! And as always, please follow us on Tumblr and Twitter or join our forums to keep up-to-date on all things Weasyl, or give us your input on what you'd like to see from the site in the future.

Thank you again everyone, for all your support and welcome to all our new members coming to Weasyl for the first time! We look forward to you joining us in our journey towards a bigger, better, art community.

Artwork by: Fiz (https://www.weasyl.com/profile/fiz)

Tiger
02-14-2013, 03:44 PM
This is awesome news! Very exciting c:

RX-149Dragonite
02-14-2013, 04:21 PM
Woo-hoo!

Zalcoti
02-14-2013, 04:40 PM
Finally it's in open beta! I hope to see a lot more activity from here on out. =)

Ibuuyk
02-14-2013, 05:09 PM
My foreveralone day's gotten better :3

Demu
02-14-2013, 05:57 PM
Can't wait to see all the new people!

teckworks
02-14-2013, 06:05 PM
Great to hear~ Was wondering when beta would become open.

Eminoxic
02-14-2013, 08:35 PM
I like that drawing Fiz.

Nightpaws
02-14-2013, 09:02 PM
Yay! Open Beta! I shall tweet about this immediately!

Fiz
02-14-2013, 09:13 PM
I like that drawing Fiz.

Thanks buddy :>

Rattoyagi
02-14-2013, 11:43 PM
So. Since the announcement. HOW MANY HAVE JOINED?

Fiz
02-15-2013, 12:49 AM
So. Since the announcement. HOW MANY HAVE JOINED?

A bit over 700 so far.

Giada
02-15-2013, 05:12 AM
That's a lovely thing,now everyone can join the site without invite..C:
Hope Weasyl will be a famous site,because is very awesome. Keep it up the improvement of the site! :D

FaunGirl
02-15-2013, 10:51 AM
It's great news! I'm so excited to find such a nice place to share my artworks. The ambiance of this site is warm and friendly so far. Keep it up, guys. I have just joined and I hope to saty here for long time.
If you need any help I'd be happy to be a part of improvement. So feel free to ask anything.
I have some ideas but they are still unclear.
Happy Valentine's day, everyone!

TangoDelahunt
02-15-2013, 03:13 PM
Finally!

So, when is the next round of ferrets since we're going to have an influx of people now?

Also before I forget....

Let the games begin! Ahahahaahaha!

Rattoyagi
02-16-2013, 01:55 AM
A bit over 700 so far.

WOW! That's IMPRESSIVE! A site who shall not be named, which I hope, will feel THAT Blow :)

TangoDelahunt
02-16-2013, 08:31 AM
WOW! That's IMPRESSIVE! A site who shall not be named, which I hope, will feel THAT Blow :)

They already are and it's their own fault for a new exodus coming in. Fine by me. The more here the merrier. All this means is more traffic and more new people for me to annoy, I mean talk to.

Sabita

Rattoyagi
02-16-2013, 11:50 AM
They already are and it's their own fault for a new exodus coming in. Fine by me. The more here the merrier. All this means is more traffic and more new people for me to annoy, I mean talk to.

Sabita

*HighFives*

And a recent email I recieved from a certian person in power proves your comment LOL

TangoDelahunt
02-16-2013, 12:25 PM
*HighFives*

And a recent email I recieved from a certian person in power proves your comment LOL

Bad press never helps and FA has been getting a lot of it since Weasyl came into being. With a well known fursuit maker coming over here and taking their customer base with them is a -huge- boon for this site. The timing couldn't be better either since the site is now in open beta. As long as crap doesn't happen then FA's traffic will slowly bleed over here. If FA keeps shooting themselves in the foot all the better.

Sanita

Nightpaws
02-16-2013, 08:43 PM
It's actually amazing how much foot-shooting has been going on lately. I'd be surprised if more things don't arise over the coming days. Open Beta couldn't really have been timed much better! :P

foxboyprower
02-17-2013, 01:45 AM
Wow... my alerts just jumped through the roof now. Lots of activity. It's great seeing this place really take off. ^^