PDA

View Full Version : Journals: Ratings clarification appreciated.

redregon
02-04-2013, 12:16 PM
So, i've been trying to learn me up some rules about this site since i'm relatively new here and there are some things which i have been known to talk about in the past... and i'd like some clarification.

It's about drugs... or, more specifically, it's about the politics behind drugs (mainly cannabis.)

Sometimes i like to talk about things like legalization efforts or other drug-related topics but i would like to know where on the scale discussions on legality and other things that aren't about the use/abuse of illicit substances themselves lie.

So, say i was talking about a recent push to legalize in either Canada or the U.S.A., would this be a general, moderate or explicit sort of journal post?

I would like to know because though talk of drugs isn't forbidden (Assuming it's categorized appropriately) it seems that it is more about the use and less about the politics behind them.

Thank you for your time!

Fiz
02-04-2013, 04:00 PM
Seeing as it is a discussion about laws, it would be categorized under General.

redregon
02-05-2013, 01:18 PM
Okay, Thank you Fiz!

Though, to further clarify, if i were to say something to the effect of "smoke em if you got em" then that would mean, even though it's a predominantly political discussion, since i'm (technically) endorsing the use of an illicit substance, would that then mean that the rating would have to be adjusted accordingly?

Also... just to clarify... I would not be held responsible for the comments of people that might participate if they were to go all "smoke trees errday?" right?

Fiz
02-05-2013, 02:46 PM
I'd say if the majority of the journal has more to do with the politics of drugs, then it'd be General. And no, you wouldn't be responsible for other people's comments.