PDA

View Full Version : Movies that just piss you right the fuck off

TangoDelahunt
01-17-2013, 01:35 PM
So I was watching a movie about exorcisms called The Devil Inside. It was shot documentory style which I'm cool with. So I'm getting into it because throughout the movie the buildup was damned good. The movie (to me) was like the equivalent to a nice plate of BBQ ribs. I was loving it! Then it pulled some half-assed Blair Witch type of ending.

I was sooo fucking angry about that! The ending basically cut to black with a "If you want to know more go to www.gofuckyourself,moviegoer.com. In essence, you got no ending to your movie. Fucking hell! What are some movies that piss you off?

Aden
01-17-2013, 03:45 PM
Prometheus. It had some beautiful shots and was a decent popcorn-muncher theater movie, but the constant dumb decisions and general...I don't know what to call it other than inhumanity of the characters we're supposed to identify with just left me disappointed. Discover an ancient alien structure on another world? Must happen all the time in this universe since all the characters look like it's just another daily grind. Mysterious alien goo? Poke it! Giant rolling ship coming towards you? Run away directly in its path instead of to the side! The backstory felt half-baked as well.

You know it's bad when the character you like the most is the android

TangoDelahunt
01-17-2013, 03:49 PM
Prometheus. It had some beautiful shots and was a decent popcorn-muncher theater movie, but the constant dumb decisions and general...I don't know what to call it other than inhumanity of the characters we're supposed to identify with just left me disappointed. Discover an ancient alien structure on another world? Must happen all the time in this universe since all the characters look like it's just another daily grind. Mysterious alien goo? Poke it! Giant rolling ship coming towards you? Run away directly in its path instead of to the side! The backstory felt half-baked as well.

Yeah, but the android was done pretty cool. Especially since he made efforts to fit in with the human crew.

I also like how contrived and pieced together the evidence for the alien seeding earth was.

Tigercougar
01-17-2013, 07:51 PM
Speed 2. Why even bother making a sequel if your principal actor doesn't want to be in it? The new lead had no charisma.

Verona
01-17-2013, 08:54 PM

Funny fact that movie was made by the same producer Ridley Scott who made the Alien movies. And the Alien movies aren't bad at all, but Prometheus was really bad! Special effects were good but if you ask "Would you watch the movie again?" My answer is "No!"

Tybby
01-18-2013, 04:48 PM
Giant rolling ship coming towards you? Run away directly in its path instead of to the side!

This is literally every movie and it pisses me off every time

Aden
01-18-2013, 05:08 PM
Oh! I had forgotten this one since my brain had blacked it out via some merciful self-defense mechanism: The Last Airbender. I believe this needs no explanation

This is literally every movie and it pisses me off every time

Right? I know sometimes they're going for the irrationality of fear, but really.

PapayaShark
01-19-2013, 07:37 PM

Hey, androids are cool >:I And I feel like we were supposed to like David more than anyone else. To be fascinated by him and feel sorry for him. I don't feel like it made the movie any worse.

And Deacon is adorable <3

vanesavis18
02-04-2013, 08:45 AM
Sorry i don't know about it.

redregon
02-07-2013, 09:32 AM
The "Transformers" movie sequels.

the first one was interesting and novel in a way... but the other ones felt like they were pandering to the perception of the audiences' inability to understand a complex story which is sad because they had a lot of potential. Honestly, i'm not so sure that i was angry about it more than i was just deadpan about them. I was angry in a sense because they established a very interesting story in the first one that could thread itself into a new portrayal of the transformers but they decided to go for the juvenile cheap-shots.

but that transformer woman from the second one (i think it was the second one) really pissed me off... mainly because it felt tacked on and more an afterthought/excuse to sex up the main character and also because it practically violated some of the established canon of the series by melding flesh and technology the way it did (if they were able to make people transformers that were indistinguishable from regular human beings, would that not suggest that they would be capable of infiltrating all these organizations that they were fighting to dismantle better?... but then again, it was mainly an excuse to have some sexual tension added to the mix.)

Littlerock
02-07-2013, 10:02 AM
Underworld: Awakening.

As a fan of the Underworld series, I expected a lot better than this shitty piece of ass. Seriously, it's such a disgrace. It' like the Zelda CDi's all over again.

How the everloving hell did that 2D surveliance screen film in 3D? How did "Token Black Cop" fire 8 bullets out of a 5 chambered revolver without reloading? Suddenly artificial insemination works while the mother is frozen solid? You couldn't get the second most important actor in this film? Oh well, let's just CG him into a few shots, then maybe kill him and replace the male role with a shitty new faggot that popped straight from Twilight??? OH HE DIED TOO? NEED A RES OVER HERE KTHANKS HE'S GOOD NOW. AND WHAT THE HELL IS WITH THE HULK LYCAN C'MON. WAY TO BREAK CANON WITH THOSE CHEAP ASS BLACK SCLERAS AUGH MORE CGI ARE YOU KIDDING ME

i'm so done with this $20 budget shit it's not even worth the bandwidth to pirate it /tableflip

kuto
02-09-2013, 03:03 AM
by far the one for me was the smurfs. if you grew up with the smurfs youll probably hate that like in transformers there the side character while neil patrick harris is the lead.:mad:

piņardilla
02-16-2013, 10:35 AM
Inception, for its ambiguous ending. Don't get me wrong, I loved Inception, and understand the decision to leave the ending open to interpretation and how it fits the overall theme of the movie. Still, just the way it went "Well it's looking like everything worked out and we're resolving shit now oh and there's his kids he gets to see finally oh wait his top is still spinning oh there it goes it's wobbling maybe it's gonna NOPE BLACK SCREEN, CREDITS, LATER SHITLORDS" was such a fucking tease.