PDA

View Full Version : In The News

JustinMoore
01-17-2013, 02:33 AM
I maintain a personal list of things NEVER to discuss on the internet: Religion, Music, Sports, and Politics. I'm gonna go ahead and break that fourth one out, understanding the risks. XP

Currently, I host a weekly news/politics podcast where I report various news articles and topics. Thus, I'd like to know what various current events and news items are happening around you, the furry fans out there, that mean a lot to you. Let's keep this civil as best as possible, okay? ^^ I'll start...

A teacher in Cincinnati is suing her former school district for not respecting her phobia of small children. <.=.<;;; I don't think I need to go any further (http://goo.gl/Fy7dz). I love how the district's lawyer flat out states that she's in it for the money, but what lawsuit ISN'T in it for the money? There are good reasons out there to sue, but it's a very easily abused power. I guess I just don't understand why there's soooo much need to either use stupidity as an excuse for being rewarded or why there's such greed for money. Sure, money's a nice thing and I wish I had it, but it's a means to an end, not an end itself. -.=.-

Tigercougar
01-17-2013, 11:02 AM
This news won't happen until 2017, but I found out that on Aug 21st of that year there's going to be a total eclipse in the northern hemisphere...and that I live close enough to the path it will be traveling that I'll be able to see it! I'm definitely going to BE THERE come hell or high water.

RX-149Dragonite
01-18-2013, 01:23 AM
This news won't happen until 2017, but I found out that on Aug 21st of that year there's going to be a total eclipse in the northern hemisphere...and that I live close enough to the path it will be traveling that I'll be able to see it! I'm definitely going to BE THERE come hell or high water.

A total eclipse of the Sun or Moon?

Tigercougar
01-18-2013, 11:11 AM
Whichever one means that the moon will block out the sun.

TangoDelahunt
01-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Whichever one means that the moon will block out the sun.

Solar. A lunar one is where the Earth's shadow blocks the moons light.

RX-149Dragonite
01-18-2013, 12:40 PM
Wonderful, at least I'll be able to see a partial eclipse.