PDA

View Full Version : Css tweaks

Unfiltered
01-05-2013, 06:25 PM
This is just a Css tweak that will change some miner annoyances I had with the Weasyl site, nothing perfect but I like the changes.

Copy and paste, because i'm lazy and I can!

boredom and a lot of energy drinks made this, I felt the site needed a bit more room, so I removed the background image, borders and widen the menu bar.
its not much but it made a lot of different I think, what do you think?

This will look best if you're running your web browser in a 1920x1080 resolution.

Here be a link to userstyles.org (http://userstyles.org/styles/77514/weasyl-tweaks) where you can download and use it

(First time posting on this forum, lets see how much I mess this up)

RadioCatastrophe
01-07-2013, 04:48 AM
Spacious but it offsets the icon when on someones profile page. I'm using a monitor with 1920x1080 and I prefer the default just because of the icon :I
If there was some way of allowing larger icon scales then I'd be for it but it irks me to see it nor centered or better placed than how it is now.

Aden
01-07-2013, 10:56 AM
If people with wider screens feel like they're missing out because the current build only stretches to 1600px (or so), I could totally make the layout even stretchier in a future refactor. Let me know!

(no idea what I'd do about userpage banners, though; those might look awkward)

Unfiltered
01-07-2013, 07:14 PM
Spacious but it offsets the icon when on someones profile page. I'm using a monitor with 1920x1080 and I prefer the default just because of the icon :I
If there was some way of allowing larger icon scales then I'd be for it but it irks me to see it nor centered or better placed than how it is now.

I don't follow ( long day and a bit tired ) what icon are you speaking of.

RadioCatastrophe
01-07-2013, 08:55 PM
User avatar, here (http://db.tt/wB7byNqJ) is a screenshot of what I mean.

But I'd also like to see different custom layouts users make on Stylish C:
Maybe Weasyl would run a monthly staff pick of their favorite user made layout! Tumblr has a ton and I enjoyed using them so long as they were kept up-to-date whenever something was changed to the coding structure or a feature was changed/added.

Aden
01-08-2013, 12:04 AM
But I'd also like to see different custom layouts users make on Stylish C:
Maybe Weasyl would run a monthly staff pick of their favorite user made layout! Tumblr has a ton and I enjoyed using them so long as they were kept up-to-date whenever something was changed to the coding structure or a feature was changed/added.

About that! I have time blocked out soon for a fairly big refactor of the stylesheet, so might be best to hold off on custom stuff for now if you want it to last. Well, safest thing would really be to wait until we're actually out of beta |3

Sounds like a cool idea though, and one that is spawning some pretty cool ideas of my own...