PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Beta Invites

Velux
07-28-2012, 02:45 AM
Quick question, sorry if this has already been regarded, i didn't see another topic on this, but if we contributed on indiegogo at a level that earns a beta invite, how will we receive the notification/invite? Are you planning to use the email we paypaled with, or we registered with on indiegogo to contact us with the appropriate information?

Thanks!

Taw
07-28-2012, 03:08 AM
We will most likely email people via the IndieGoGo emails they used because we don't know everyone's alt emails. Once we're closer to that date we can see what we can do about it. Have a few ideas about what we could do possibly.

oneandonly
07-28-2012, 08:34 AM
I have another question, so I'll just leave it here.

I donated anyway because I dig the site, but I'm wondering if people that were already on the site during alpha will have to get invited again.

Kihari
07-28-2012, 01:16 PM
Quick question, sorry if this has already been regarded, i didn't see another topic on this, but if we contributed on indiegogo at a level that earns a beta invite, how will we receive the notification/invite? Are you planning to use the email we paypaled with, or we registered with on indiegogo to contact us with the appropriate information?

Registration invites are sent via email, and contain the information you will need to register; like Taw said we will probably default to the emails everyone used to donate, but if this isn't desirable for some reason it wouldn't be difficult to work out a special arrangement.

I'm wondering if people that were already on the site during alpha will have to get invited again.

All already existing accounts are still in the system and needn't be registered again.

oneandonly
07-28-2012, 01:28 PM
One last question lol.

How many invites do you plan on giving users per month?

Kihari
07-28-2012, 01:48 PM
One last question lol.

How many invites do you plan on giving users per month?

We plan on allotting ten per user per month.

oneandonly
07-28-2012, 02:45 PM
Alright. That's what I though, but I wasn't too sure. Thank you!

Lee
07-28-2012, 05:15 PM
Now I have a question about the invites thing. So is the site going to be like, invite-only and there's no open registration, or what is the story with that? Or are we just talking about the beta phase?

Kihari
07-28-2012, 05:18 PM
Now I have a question about the invites thing. So is the site going to be like, invite-only and there's no open registration, or what is the story with that? Or are we just talking about the beta phase?

Correct, the invite-only phase will only last for as long as we are in beta. After that, invitations will still be accessible (so that members can easily send invitation emails to their friends, plus we could do something special re referring new members), but an invite won't be required in order to join.

TotSchrei
10-01-2012, 12:50 AM
Quick question. I haven't been able to access my invites to get my girlfriend an invite.
She forgot to donate before it was to late. It says that the invites may be disabled at this time.
Is it disabled or am I just not allowed to invite yet?

NVM found a site discussion about it. c:

kaeko
10-01-2012, 09:09 AM
i had an additional questiona about this, because i donated $20 at the time.

And i kept recieved indigopop error emails. giving me a link to redo it.

Is there anyway i could donate directly. Not thru second rate sites. Id love to try the beta, but indi* just didnt like me or my paypal.

thanks

RadioaktivSkwerl
10-02-2012, 02:09 AM
I'm not sure if this question is related enough to ask here or if it strays so far from the topic I should have made a new thread. If so my apologies!

I was wondering if only the original $5+ donators get the 10 invites every month, or if the people invited by those people will also have 10 for themselves to invite. Being the poor, non-Paypal'd at the time person I am, I split the donation with my boyfriend and he used his Paypal to fulfill the 5 dollars, with the idea that he would invite me. I just wanted to know if I too, will get 10 invites to hand out when I'm invited, or if it's only the original donators who get to invite 10 people per month.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before! But I looked in all threads I could find that were related to the invite system and have not found a definitive answer that specifically addresses this.

Thank you!

Fiz
10-02-2012, 03:08 PM
I'm not sure if this question is related enough to ask here or if it strays so far from the topic I should have made a new thread. If so my apologies!

I was wondering if only the original $5+ donators get the 10 invites every month, or if the people invited by those people will also have 10 for themselves to invite. Being the poor, non-Paypal'd at the time person I am, I split the donation with my boyfriend and he used his Paypal to fulfill the 5 dollars, with the idea that he would invite me. I just wanted to know if I too, will get 10 invites to hand out when I'm invited, or if it's only the original donators who get to invite 10 people per month.

Sorry if this has been answered somewhere before! But I looked in all threads I could find that were related to the invite system and have not found a definitive answer that specifically addresses this.

Thank you!

Everybody gets invites, whether they donated or not. :>

Liberty
10-07-2012, 05:10 PM
Hey, I've got a quick question about invites and donating via PayPal.

I donated $5 about a day or so ago. When will invitations to the beta be sent out for post-IndieGogo donators? I tried searching for an answer first, but I didn't find a concrete one, so I thought I'd ask here. =>

Thanks!

Fiz
10-07-2012, 05:38 PM
Hey, I've got a quick question about invites and donating via PayPal.

I donated $5 about a day or so ago. When will invitations to the beta be sent out for post-IndieGogo donators? I tried searching for an answer first, but I didn't find a concrete one, so I thought I'd ask here. =>

Thanks!

Invites will be sent out once to site goes back up.

Liberty
10-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Invites will be sent out once to site goes back up.

Awesome. That's what I thought, but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks for the answer!

Nezerith
10-08-2012, 03:03 PM
Not really sure here, or know where to put this after looking, but i donated 5$ Via paypal from the tumblr donate button. Do the 5$ there still get an invite? If so will it be sent to the Paypal email? I ish confused, sorry.

Ben
10-08-2012, 03:09 PM
Yes, you'll get an invite. Expect it around later in the evening at the earliest.