PDA

View Full Version : I would really like to be able to put the same picture in multiple folders. x3

Ana
12-13-2012, 11:11 PM
Maybe I'm just a freak for organization, but I've been entertaining the idea of making a separate folder for each of my characters maybe, and one for other people. But what if I have a picture of my character with someone else? I'd like to be able to put that in both the folder for that character, and the folder for others. :3 It's not the most important thing ever, but I would really like this a lot. x3

Thank you for reading. v///v

EDIT: One other thing that would be cool, is not combining the forums with the main website (because I read up on that and there's a slim chance of that being done), but moreso linking them by usernames and emails. I don't know how this would be done but I hope it's possible. For example, I would have to make an account on the main Weasyl website before I could make an account on the Weasyl forums. I would have to use the same username and the same email. Everything else could be different, like the password, which would be smart in case one of the accounts got hacked somehow. But this would help with any username difference confusion, (Aka, my name being "Ana" on the main Weasyl website, and my username having to be different here if I didn't snag "Ana" in time.) While I can see there is the option of putting your Weasyl ID in your profile, etc, which helps REDUCE the confusion, this would help fix it entirely.

Tiger
12-14-2012, 01:04 PM
Maybe I'm just a freak for organization, but I've been entertaining the idea of making a separate folder for each of my characters maybe, and one for other people. But what if I have a picture of my character with someone else? I'd like to be able to put that in both the folder for that character, and the folder for others. :3 It's not the most important thing ever, but I would really like this a lot. x3

Thank you for reading. v///v

This has actually been suggested in this thread (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1003-Common-Suggestions-List&highlight=character+folder). It's a solid idea, but I think that if it is decided to be implemented it might be a while before it's actually coded/put on the site.

EDIT: One other thing that would be cool, is not combining the forums with the main website (because I read up on that and there's a slim chance of that being done), but moreso linking them by usernames and emails. I don't know how this would be done but I hope it's possible. For example, I would have to make an account on the main Weasyl website before I could make an account on the Weasyl forums. I would have to use the same username and the same email. Everything else could be different, like the password, which would be smart in case one of the accounts got hacked somehow. But this would help with any username difference confusion, (Aka, my name being "Ana" on the main Weasyl website, and my username having to be different here if I didn't snag "Ana" in time.) While I can see there is the option of putting your Weasyl ID in your profile, etc, which helps REDUCE the confusion, this would help fix it entirely.

I have to disagree with you on this one. I feel like it's a little too forceful on people. There could certainly be forum members that aren't interested in a mainsite account- keep in mind that the mainsite and forum are two separate entities, so to speak. If someone prefers to be a forum member rather than have an account on the mainsite, I feel they should be able to do so, and it wouldn't be fair to force them into something they may not want to do.

And when it comes to the username matching on forums and mainsite, the way I see it it's first come, first serve. If someone is too late to register the username they want on either forum or mainsite, there's really not much that can be done about it (I signed up immediately when both the forum and the mainsite first opened, so I was fortunate to get matching usernames).If they prefer to have a separate forum name from on mainsite, I feel it would be best to allow them to do so.