PDA

View Full Version : "Reported" underneath someone's picture

Possat
12-10-2012, 10:37 PM
I just went to look at Inoby's new art, called "Christmas Spirit!" and it says its been "reported". What does this mean? did someone abuse the report system? :unsure:

https://www.weasyl.com/submission/67819 (NSFW)

Taw
12-10-2012, 10:49 PM
That is a message letting us know that the submission viewed has been reported and has an outstanding ticket for it. Currently it's open for all to view I believe, though I think we are going to make it so only staff members can see that on submissions to prevent any troubles over someone reporting another user's submissions and such. (I am not 100% certain on this - this is something the mainsite coders deal with - I believe they are aware of this issue right now as well)

Hope this clear it up a bit. c:

weykent
12-11-2012, 05:35 PM
Currently it's open for all to view I believe, though I think we are going to make it so only staff members can see that on submissions to prevent any troubles over someone reporting another user's submissions and such. (I am not 100% certain on this - this is something the mainsite coders deal with - I believe they are aware of this issue right now as well)

as of last night, only mainsite mods and admins can see if submissions have been reported.

Nightpaws
12-11-2012, 06:55 PM
It'd be useful if Ferrets could see this too so we don't report unnecessarily. Also, it might be helpful to have reported content marked with a tick if it's been approved by staff as not to be reported again and again.

RX-149Dragonite
12-12-2012, 01:49 AM
I thought it was useful to see if things were already marked as reported.

Think about it. If people can see something is reported, that means there will be less reports in queue since people won't be reporting the same picture for the same thing.

Just my two cents.

Fay V
12-12-2012, 02:22 AM
I thought it was useful to see if things were already marked as reported.

Think about it. If people can see something is reported, that means there will be less reports in queue since people won't be reporting the same picture for the same thing.

Just my two cents.

Reports already stack so it's not that big a deal to get multiple reports, it doesn't flood the system.

DragonTalon
12-19-2012, 09:10 PM
I suppose what it would prevent, is pictures getting reported, then cleared, then reported the next day, ect. Once the site is large, you could see vast amounts of pictures being re-reported.

DA's reporting feature is pretty nice (minus the problem of the admin responses being all kinds of messed up) as it shows a count of various kinds of reports, and if they have been resolved or not, complete with notes on occasion. Good for borederline art that nearly EVERYONE that sees it wants to report, but has already been vetted.