PDA

View Full Version : Monster Hunter Thread

Demu
07-27-2012, 08:44 PM
I absolutely love Monster Hunter. I got into the craze a bit late with Monster Hunter Tri on the Wii, but nonetheless I feel like it's the perfect game for me! How many of you guys love Monster Hunter?

I'm really excited about the MH news CAPCOM promised recently. And I saw a screenshot of a potential PS Vita Monster Hunter.

This one: http://i.imgur.com/fW1Ra.jpg

Though it could be a fake. The UI looks a bit iffy to me. OR IT COULD BE A NEW MONSTER HUNTER FRONTIER UPDATE. IDK.

We'll see!

Discuss Monster Hunter!

FishNChips
07-27-2012, 08:50 PM
yes
yeessssss
I approve of this thread

AND A NEW MH GAME?

WUTTTTTTTTTTT

MH is one of my fave games. I've been playing since it was first released on the PS2. I sucked at it back then, I never finished it. However, I'm quite far with the PSP versions of MH, and the Wii version of MH was also great. But it felt... different. I'm not certain I liked it as much, but it did have a lot of great things going for it that I'd like to see in the other games, such as underwater hunts, bowgun mix-n-matching, and the monster designs. I really loved the Great Jaggi.

I hope Monster Hunter: Frontier comes to the PC in the western world. It's like the perfect game for the "hardcore" PC audience. Not to mention, co-op!

Say, what's your favourite weapon classes? Mine is probably the longswords. Despite not being able to block, there's great fun to be had with agility and pulling off combos with them makes me feel like a boss. Also, Light bowguns <3

It's high time that I did some MH-inspired art, but I don't feel particularly confident as of late :I

Demu
07-27-2012, 10:09 PM
yes
yeessssss
I approve of this thread

AND A NEW MH GAME?

WUTTTTTTTTTTT

MH is one of my fave games. I've been playing since it was first released on the PS2. I sucked at it back then, I never finished it. However, I'm quite far with the PSP versions of MH, and the Wii version of MH was also great. But it felt... different. I'm not certain I liked it as much, but it did have a lot of great things going for it that I'd like to see in the other games, such as underwater hunts, bowgun mix-n-matching, and the monster designs. I really loved the Great Jaggi.

I hope Monster Hunter: Frontier comes to the PC in the western world. It's like the perfect game for the "hardcore" PC audience. Not to mention, co-op!

Say, what's your favourite weapon classes? Mine is probably the longswords. Despite not being able to block, there's great fun to be had with agility and pulling off combos with them makes me feel like a boss. Also, Light bowguns <3

It's high time that I did some MH-inspired art, but I don't feel particularly confident as of late :I

I absolutely adore the hammer. IT IS MY FAVORITE WEAPON EVER. Breaking faces all around.

My friend Nuku (http://furaffinity.net/user/nukde) and I play MHTri on the Wii and we make a great team. xD Hammer and bowgun.~

Stormdragonblue
07-28-2012, 06:23 AM
I really wish I didn't had to take my PSP or Wii out of the mothballs to get into the series. But at this point with the low sales of the series in both Europe and the US I don't see any more coming out. That is, unless the consensus has changed over time. But with no Tri G so far for us 3DS owners and 4 already around the corner I don't have my hopes high. And one coming to the Vita... I don't want to buy one just for that game but it's tempting. Aargh damn you Capcom. :<

Demu
07-28-2012, 01:43 PM
There's a new game called Ragnarok Odyssey that's coming out very soon and it's similar to Monster Hunter and Phantasy Star Online! You should look it up.~ It's on the Vita though!

Karl
07-31-2012, 09:55 AM
I only ever played Tri but man did I sink a lot of time into that game.
Also this.
7J-QSWn4gFM

FishNChips
07-31-2012, 10:39 AM
Also this.
7J-QSWn4gFM

10/10 too perfect

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 11:00 AM
Also this.
7J-QSWn4gFM
If you liked tri, you'd have loved the psp versions. they're packed with so much more goodies.

I want them to port the japanese HD version over to EU and NA. I'm craving a ps3 monster hunter ;-;

Also, this is how much I love monster hunter:
http://i.imgur.com/1LYrj.gif

FishNChips
07-31-2012, 02:13 PM
Sinjo, if you posted a pic or something, it isn't showing up. Or at least not for me. 6_9

But meh, Ps3 monster hunter. I'm much more interested in that Monster Hunter: Frontier dealio they got going.

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 03:26 PM
Sinjo, if you posted a pic or something, it isn't showing up. Or at least not for me. 6_9

But meh, Ps3 monster hunter. I'm much more interested in that Monster Hunter: Frontier dealio they got going.

Should be fixed.

That being said, I'm not hopeful for Frontier any time soon.

FishNChips
07-31-2012, 03:29 PM
That icon is awesum. :>

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 04:13 PM
That icon is awesum. :>

I know right :D

FishNChips
07-31-2012, 06:54 PM
I am currently looking at pics of the awesome monsters, listening to the OST, and crying inside that there will never be MH Frontier in the US/EU.

Karl
07-31-2012, 07:38 PM
I am currently looking at pics of the awesome monsters, listening to the OST, and crying inside that there will never be MH Frontier in the US/EU.

Well I do have this old drawing. (http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m81thsS46l1r3zsw2o1_1280.png)

Demu
07-31-2012, 08:00 PM

FUCKING CAPCOM. ; O; I wish they'd push a little harder to get MH to the west. If they can release completely new games like Dragon's Dogma they can focus on releasing some more established titles like Monster Hunter.

BRB CRYING TOO

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 08:16 PM
FUCKING CAPCOM. ; O; I wish they'd push a little harder to get MH to the west. If they can release completely new games like Dragon's Dogma they can focus on releasing some more established titles like Monster Hunter.

BRB CRYING TOO

Our MMO market is too polluted for them to even bother.

Demu
07-31-2012, 08:26 PM
Our MMO market is too polluted for them to even bother.

Yeah. ): Oh well. ONE CAN DREAAAAM.

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 08:28 PM
Yeah. ): Oh well. ONE CAN DREAAAAM.

I'm still after a PS3 one. That's my dream D:

Demu
07-31-2012, 09:17 PM
I'm still after a PS3 one. That's my dream D:

Oh my good god yessss. <33 I want a PS3 one SO bad. My life would be complete and I would make ALL OF MY FRIENDS PLAY IT.

Sinjo
07-31-2012, 09:54 PM
Oh my good god yessss. <33 I want a PS3 one SO bad. My life would be complete and I would make ALL OF MY FRIENDS PLAY IT.

I'd have no life.

FishNChips
08-01-2012, 10:24 AM
I'd hate a PS3 one. Mostly because I really effing hate playing games on consoles.

A multi-platform release would work though.

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 10:38 AM
I'd hate a PS3 one. Mostly because I really effing hate playing games on consoles.

A multi-platform release would work though.

To this date. The PS2 version of MH is my favorite. It just played better than the psp versions.

FishNChips
08-01-2012, 10:41 AM
To this date. The PS2 version of MH is my favorite. It just played better than the psp versions.

Oh, I can relate. Those were good days.

However my complaint is more down to things such as my fixation to the PC that I am using as I type this. It feels really wrong of me to not have stuff like Steam within reach, or for my sake, text chat which only exists on PC, which I want to stick to for the sake of my hearing difficulties.

I'm very accustomed to playing MH with a controller or a PSP, so using a PC with mouse and keyboard would be a hell of a thing to get used to.

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 10:45 AM
Oh, I can relate. Those were good days.

However my complaint is more down to things such as my fixation to the PC that I am using as I type this. It feels really wrong of me to not have stuff like Steam within reach, or for my sake, text chat which only exists on PC, which I want to stick to for the sake of my hearing difficulties.

I'm very accustomed to playing MH with a controller or a PSP, so using a PC with mouse and keyboard would be a hell of a thing to get used to.

I think it would just feel wrong playing the game with mouse and keyboard. I'm trying to imagine swinging a great-sword and it's just coming off as a sort of botched psp version.