PDA

View Full Version : What do you hope the future of Weasyl will be?

foxboyprower
12-02-2012, 01:43 PM
I've been wondering something about this website. Given the amount of planning, effort, and support gone into it, the creators and workers of the site must have some high ambitions for it. But what are those ambitions? Furthermore what ambitions do the users have for weasyl?

Let's assume that years from now Weasyl becomes very successful and achieves everything that you personally wanted it to achieve.

What would the site be by then?
What would it look like and what aesthetic qualities would it have?
How big and popular would it be?
What role does it play on the Internet?
What kind of stuff is most prevalent on the site?
What kind of users are most prevalent on the site?

I want to hear people's personal ideas about this. It would be cool if some of the site staff gave their input too. No, you don't have to answer all of those questions. They were just some examples to give you an idea of some of the qualities to say about this ideal Weasyl of the future would have.

Aden
12-02-2012, 11:43 PM
I've been wondering something about this website. Given the amount of planning, effort, and support gone into it, the creators and workers of the site must have some high ambitions for it. But what are those ambitions?

While I'm the UI guy (it's the back-end coders who really make this place tick), personally, I just want to help make an art site that I'm going to love being on. Part of that experience comes with great artists sharing their work through our site and a vibrant community to talk about and critique said work, so I would guess that my personal ambition would be to make this place a big enough name that I'll never be left wanting for new things to see and talk about every day. Doesn't matter if we become the biggest or whatever; as long as there's a friendly, active, engaged community, I'll be proud.

Let's assume that years from now Weasyl becomes very successful and achieves everything that you personally wanted it to achieve.
[LIST]
What would it look like and what aesthetic qualities would it have?

It would look exactly the same :V
kidding

Tiger
12-03-2012, 12:52 AM
All I want from Weasyl is for it to be a website with a friendly, accepting and supportive community. I'm not really concerned about how large it is, or if there is more human art than furry, etc. For me, Weasyl doesn't need to be more popular than another art site to be successful (popularity and success are two different things). It could be a hugely popular site with an amazingly high-tech UI , but without an accepting, supportive userbase, it's not really much of anything. I am very happy with Weasyl so far and I am confident it will have a great future.

foxboyprower
12-04-2012, 02:36 AM
Personally, I'd like to see this place grow large enough to rival FA. I just want the most user friendly site to be the most popular. It's a bit annoying seeing something being popular just because it's popular for me. I want a nice place for furry artists and other artists to come together. It would be great seeing a place that works well and we can enjoy instead of filling with drama.
It would be cool to see this place become an adult art friendly version of DA. Of course it can be more or find it's own little niche.

If none of this happens, I'll settle for my favorite artists and friends moving here and at least have the same stuff here that they do on FA.

Ben
12-04-2012, 01:15 PM
I know I personally feel a lot of ambition for this site, and want to take it amazing places that raises the bar for art sites in general. Obviously I can't make any promises, but that is my personal goal, and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only person who feels that way.