PDA

View Full Version : Inbox/submission by username etc. filters?

skylerbunny
11-29-2012, 10:01 AM
The second feature we've added is the ability for our users to filter their inbox and outbox by users. You can now easily find new submissions, collections, and journals from your favorite artists stacked together based on their usernames!

I've poked around a bit, and I'm having a hard time seeing where either this feature is set up, or how to see it in action. In other words, I literally can't find the feature. Can anyone explain to me what it is and how it's used?

foxboyprower
11-29-2012, 01:51 PM
I haven't seen it either. I would love to have this feature, but currently it's obviously not implemented in a way easy for the user to understand. Although I would rather have an option to have an artist box system for alerts like Deviant art has. It would be a bit of a pain for some users to submit all the filters they want if they have a big watchlist. An optional system of displaying alerts would be very helpful.

weykent
11-29-2012, 02:03 PM
if you have messages in your inbox or outbox, there's a text field below the inbox/outbox buttons with a button next to it that says 'show messages to/from user'. you enter the username (case-insensitive) of the user you want to filter by.

foxboyprower
11-29-2012, 03:02 PM
if you have messages in your inbox or outbox, there's a text field below the inbox/outbox buttons with a button next to it that says 'show messages to/from user'. you enter the username (case-insensitive) of the user you want to filter by.

Oh so it's a personal message thing?

weykent
11-29-2012, 03:24 PM
Oh so it's a personal message thing?

yes, as far as I know (as I didn't do this part of the update, and it predates the update tracking system we have now) this is only affecting the PM inbox/outbox.

foxboyprower
11-29-2012, 03:27 PM
yes, as far as I know (as I didn't do this part of the update, and it predates the update tracking system we have now) this is only affecting the PM inbox/outbox.

Okay that makes sense, and I do see it in the PM inbox. That's pretty handy.