PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Make tagging friend-only, or ferret/admin-only

catwithpen
11-20-2012, 12:50 PM
I didn't see this in the common suggestions thread, so I hope I'm not repeating what has already been said.

There has been a lot of discussion about tagging, specifically that any user can add tags to your art. Personally, I think this is a good feature, but a lot of people don't like it, and some have had problems with random people adding tags that should not be on that image.

My suggestion: I think a compromise would be best. Have an option where people can flag artwork as "needs tags/incorrect tags" and then let ferrets or admins make the necessary changes, not random users. Some other people suggested making it a friends-only feature, so only people they actually know (and admins) can add tags.

Also, do you keep track of who tags what? I'm wondering if there's a way to find out who the false-tagger is (keep it confidential of course), and ask them to stop, or take away that privilage if they keep abusing it.

Some people also said they would like to be notified if anyone adds tags to their art.

Tiger
11-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Here's the main tagging thread- http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?1200-Tagging-and-You
Perhaps post this there?

I like the idea of being notified of any tags changed. I'd post more but I'm sick today and can't really focus well. :c

RadioCatastrophe
11-21-2012, 02:06 PM
I remember the "Notify User On Tag Change" being suggested as well as doing it the SoFurry way with artist tags and random user tags.