PDA

View Full Version : Whatcha playin?

Drifloon
07-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Yay for video games!

This thread is for what current video game you are playing and also which ones are you looking forward to. I am currently playing Earthbound and the first Ratchet and Clank in HD. I might go back to FFXII later if my PS2 decides it wants to behave. I am looking forward to Bravely Default please please PLEASE square enix localize it

Fiz
07-27-2012, 02:33 PM
Mostly playing Skyrim lately. I need to get back into playing Saints Row 3 and Pokemon Black 2. I also really need to start playing all of the games I just bought on Steam lmao.

Only really looking forward to Animal Crossing on 3DS. I need to chop down my friend's trees, damnit!

Ibuuyk
07-27-2012, 02:35 PM
I play one game of Civilization V a day to unlock achievements of stuff, then I just derp around till a friend of mine or two (or three, rarely four!) pops up, then we go kill zombies (read get killed by horrible luck) in L4D2.

FishNChips
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Something tells me that this is gonna be a bit of a megathread eventually

I play assloads of Killing Floor, but right now I've got my grubby gnarled hands on a copy of Endless Space. It's a fun little strategy/spreadsheet simulator space game.

oneandonly
07-27-2012, 02:40 PM
Unreal Tournament. Original. Practice Mode. All day, every day.

No but really, I usually end up playing some version of GTA. III, SA or IV. Ever since III was ported to Android, I've played it so much more often.

RapidStrike
07-27-2012, 02:55 PM
I've been playing a lot of TF2 recently. Same with GTA 4.
I have a bunch of games that I bought from the Steam sale, but I haven't really played them yet. What's up with that?

Tiger
07-27-2012, 03:14 PM
World of Warcraft and Pokemon White, YEAH BABY

Shane
07-27-2012, 03:17 PM
Ragnarok Online (Intense RO, private server) and Dragon Age II. I am still waiting on Lime Odyssey to launch Open Beta.

Aetius
07-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Victoria 2.

TangoDelahunt
07-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Team Fortress 2 right now. I do fuck around on Skyrim for an hour or two.

Lee
07-27-2012, 03:50 PM
I have been playing Skyrim and Minecraft and... Random shitty little iPhone games.

I started Tales of the Abyss for 3DS like a month ago but I haven't touched it in a while.

FishNChips
07-27-2012, 03:51 PM
Ragnarok Online (Intense RO, private server) and Dragon Age II. I am still waiting on Lime Odyssey to launch Open Beta.

I saw the initials "RO" and I cried a little bit when I saw you didn't mean Red Orchestra. :[

Ibuuyk
07-27-2012, 03:55 PM
I saw the initials "RO" and I cried a little bit when I saw you didn't mean Red Orchestra. :[

Sorry kid, I doubt you've been around long enough to know the guilty pleasure that is Ragnarok Online :P

FishNChips
07-27-2012, 06:36 PM
Sorry kid, I doubt you've been around long enough to know the guilty pleasure that is Ragnarok Online :P

B-b-b-but Red Orchestra's first iteration was like 2003 and Ragnarok was like 2004 D: apparently

Shane
07-27-2012, 06:37 PM
B-b-b-but Red Orchestra's first iteration was like 2003 and Ragnarok was like 2004 D: apparently

2002 in South Korea

Ibuuyk
07-27-2012, 06:41 PM

2002 in South Korea

Ohhhh, burned.

FishNChips
07-27-2012, 06:43 PM
Ah, but were you playing it? :n

Ibuuyk
07-27-2012, 06:46 PM
Ah, but were you playing it? :n

Not in 2002, no :V

I was a Runescape guy, spent seven years on that thing and learned most of my English there @_@

Matt
07-27-2012, 06:51 PM
I'm playing Ocarina of Time. I decided about a month ago that I wanted to take part in the SRL bingos, and since that time I've gone from being extremely awful to being extremely awful.

I bought Killing Floor a few weeks ago, but haven't played it yet. I would like to, but there are a lot of things that I would like.

EDIT: Cojiro.

Taelune
07-27-2012, 06:59 PM
Lately I've been playing Thief: Deadly Shadows, but I'm looking forward to WoW: Mists of Pandaria, Assassin's Creed: III, and I want to get Pokemon Conquest D:

ChitterBox
07-27-2012, 07:04 PM
I recently finished up Warriors Orochi 3 for XBox, but have also been playing Ys Origin on Steam. I've had it since launch but hadn't had much chance to actually play it, so it's fun actually getting to play through it now.

Psuedoimp
07-27-2012, 09:40 PM
UHHH Well let's see I have over 20 games on my "to play" list sitting on my shelf and in my steam library... But I haven't started any of them. OTL
For a while there I was playing Dragon's Dogma - two trophies away from platinum'ing it (both of which are just endings) but for some reason I stopped playing after I beat the single-player post-game boss. Maybe when they release some REAL DLC I'll pick it up again.

Dicking around in Minecraft with my best bro last night...

And I've been meaning to finish Mass Effect 3 now that they've released slightly different endings that don't kill me on the inside quite as badly. And the multiplayer is fun so there's that too.

Really at the moment I'm just looking forward to games to play. D: Dark Souls (prepare to die edition), Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3...

Kitten
07-27-2012, 10:04 PM
The game I'm currently working on is Assassin's Creed II. I've got Just Cause 2 and Fallout 3 on my to-do list, as well, and eventually I'll be getting to the GTA super-pack I bought during the Steam summer sale. I also play Minecraft off and on, and I've been playing BF3 a lot lately, as well. It's a lot more challenging to get good at compared to other shooters I've played in the past, especially with more realistic bullet physics and varied equipment.

Clover-chan
07-28-2012, 12:49 AM
I would be playing Minecraft but my Xbox decided to red ring so I've been fighting to get it to work on my PC.

But I've also been shotgunning Persona 4 and P3P. I am so ready to shell out $500 for a Vita and P4G and P4A. Fuck you Atlus.

And a mixture of We<3Katamari and Katamari Forever. NANAAAA~

Shark
07-28-2012, 06:51 AM
I'm really awful at playing games since the consoles are in the main room which I'm not too fond of (it's too crowded most of the time!) though I do have a DS. Right now I'm switching around between Solatorobo and the first Layton game. I also have Pokemon Black and Mystery Dungeon on the side, as well.

On our Wii, I'm (slowly...!) playing Skyward Sword and enjoying it quite a lot.

Drifloon
07-28-2012, 07:00 AM
UHHH Well let's see I have over 20 games on my "to play" list sitting on my shelf and in my steam library... But I haven't started any of them. OTL
For a while there I was playing Dragon's Dogma - two trophies away from platinum'ing it (both of which are just endings) but for some reason I stopped playing after I beat the single-player post-game boss. Maybe when they release some REAL DLC I'll pick it up again.

Dicking around in Minecraft with my best bro last night...

And I've been meaning to finish Mass Effect 3 now that they've released slightly different endings that don't kill me on the inside quite as badly. And the multiplayer is fun so there's that too.

Really at the moment I'm just looking forward to games to play. D: Dark Souls (prepare to die edition), Borderlands 2, Assassins Creed 3...

I LOVE DRAGON'S DOGMA SO SO MUCH! sorry for capslock but I adore the game so much, I am on NG+ at the moment trying some new vocations for my pawn and trying to get Mercedes as my romance option (I got Madeline last time but I want the woobie she goat)

Dark Souls is on my already very long to-play list. If I get money this month I might get the Ys Collection as they are going cheap on PSN atm.

PapayaShark
07-28-2012, 06:24 PM
I'm currently playing Skyrim. Sometimes ME3 and pokemon soulsilver.

Really looking forward to assassin's creed 3 and crysis 3, and ofc the dlc for skyrim to be released on pc.

SirCoffeecup
07-28-2012, 06:25 PM
Payday the heist, Dawn of war retribution and some Men of War Assault Squad

hotboychina
07-29-2012, 06:35 AM
playing world of warcraft
thats p much all i play besides mario kart or ssbb if a friend comes over

lost interest in pokemon but itll come back soon
thats what i get for playing bw when they came out in japan

FishNChips
07-29-2012, 08:21 AM
Men of War Assault Squad

I'd play MOWAS with you, as it's a cool-ass game. But dear god, matches can get so long and eventually depressing. That's something about it that I hate, yet at the same time, manage to love.

Verona
07-29-2012, 08:52 AM
CN Punch Explosion XL, Little Big Planet 2, Mario Kart Wii and Sly Cooper games.

Pony King
07-29-2012, 12:40 PM
Playing through Torchlight while I wait for Torchlight II :(

Uini
07-29-2012, 12:49 PM
I am currently playing any and every Rayman game I can get my grubby hands on. (currently its 3)

FishNChips
07-29-2012, 01:50 PM
I am currently playing any and every Rayman game I can get my grubby hands on. (currently its 3)

I trust you played Rayman: Origins? My first Rayman game was the very first one, but unfortunately I missed 2 and 3, and ended up at Raving Rabbids :I

I have played through Origins, though. Love it.

TangoDelahunt
07-29-2012, 01:53 PM
Team Fortress 2 and Payday: The Heist

Aetius
07-29-2012, 02:31 PM
Going to play some dead space 2, its been a long time since I have touched that game.

TangoDelahunt
07-29-2012, 03:27 PM
Going to play some dead space 2, its been a long time since I have touched that game.

*sends ninja to burn down Aetius' farms*

:ninja:

Kitten
07-29-2012, 03:32 PM
I'm playing some Battlefield 3 like a scrub.

Aetius
07-29-2012, 03:33 PM
*sends ninja to burn down Aetius' farms*

:ninja:

NO!

BAD!

THAT IS 50% OF MY FOOD SOURCE!

YOU BASTARD!

(This reminds me that I need to get back into Shogun 2)

TangoDelahunt
07-29-2012, 03:47 PM
NO!

BAD!

THAT IS 50% OF MY FOOD SOURCE!

YOU BASTARD!

(This reminds me that I need to get back into Shogun 2)

Just so you know, Vizaxyn likes to play Shogun as well. She is -way- more cut-throat then I am.

Aetius
07-29-2012, 03:50 PM
Just so you know, Vizaxyn likes to play Shogun as well. She is -way- more cut-throat then I am.

What faction does she play as? and how cut throat :C :C

Aeturnus
07-29-2012, 04:13 PM
I've been playing Diablo III pretty much non stop for the last couple of weeks, and every once in a while I'll play Dragon's Dogma.

Uini
07-29-2012, 08:08 PM
I trust you played Rayman: Origins? My first Rayman game was the very first one, but unfortunately I missed 2 and 3, and ended up at Raving Rabbids :I

I have played through Origins, though. Love it.

Good GOD I love Origins. It was my first sadly. But I did the respectable thing and am going to play all of them at least so that my obsession isn't unfounded.

I can't wait for Legends though! <3

Aetius
07-29-2012, 08:09 PM
Going to start playing some stalker soon, seems like a very interesting game.

Latiro
07-29-2012, 10:48 PM
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (beaten Seasons before) and Ocarina of Time 3D

Lee
07-29-2012, 11:13 PM
once i finish typing up this rp post for this friend of mine, i think i'm off to play some skyrim

Ibuuyk
07-29-2012, 11:28 PM
Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages (beaten Seasons before) and Ocarina of Time 3D

I prefer Oracle of Ages to Seasons because Ages is oriented towards puzzles, while Seasons is oriented towards battles.

ChitterBox
07-29-2012, 11:50 PM
Finished up Ys Origin as Yunica and I'm working on it as Hugo now, but I'm looking for another game to play alongside it. I'm thinking Blue Dragon or Digital Devil Saga.

Nimako
07-30-2012, 01:59 AM
Playing Pokemon Heartgold, RAGE, Lollipop Chainsaw, and Sonic Generations.

Kind of a messed up mix but I play tons of different games.

Drifloon
07-30-2012, 06:44 AM
I am back to my neglected as of late Pokemon games. Playing Black and SoulSilver.

Sinjo
07-30-2012, 09:52 AM
Finally picked up Skyward Sword.

Kitten
07-30-2012, 09:54 AM
Finally picked up Skyward Sword.I am exploding with jealousy T ^ T It'll probably be some time before I get a chance to play that at all (though hopefully it'll be on an emulator using proper Wiimote equipment--I just need to get the money to buy a USB sensor bar, a Bluetooth dongle, and a Wiimotion Plus Wiimote, gruh why must things cost so much money).

Sinjo
07-30-2012, 10:28 AM
I am exploding with jealousy T ^ T It'll probably be some time before I get a chance to play that at all (though hopefully it'll be on an emulator using proper Wiimote equipment--I just need to get the money to buy a USB sensor bar, a Bluetooth dongle, and a Wiimotion Plus Wiimote, gruh why must things cost so much money).

Not to brag or anything.

But this game ranks up there with Oot. I haven't had this much fun playing a zelda game since Majora's.

Kitten
07-30-2012, 10:44 AM
brb crying from not being able to play the latest Zelda game

SirCoffeecup
07-30-2012, 11:00 AM
Going on to take an expert on Men of War. I will lose but hopefully we'll get a couple of laughs

Shane
07-30-2012, 03:09 PM
My internet was cut off all morning so I played some Blinx: The Time Sweeper for amusement. I'm stuck on one of the levels. ;; I refuse to look up a guide or anything. I'll get through it eventuallllllyyyyy.

Ibuuyk
07-30-2012, 03:14 PM
brb crying from not being able to play the latest Zelda game

Don't worry, you're not alone :o

Aetius
07-30-2012, 07:30 PM
Some strange online browser game that gibby showed me, its pretty enjoyable.

SirCoffeecup
07-31-2012, 05:54 AM
Red faction Guerrilla. Story? Pfft Just let me destroy everything

Kazekai
07-31-2012, 07:09 AM
Played all of these: http://landsofdream.net/games/

Working on Aquaria and the Blackwell series, waiting on the new episode of Dream Machine to come out, and stuck on that stupid grog quest in Monkey Island. I hate time challenges.

Edit: Also Minecraft lol /mainstream

IkodoMoonstrife
07-31-2012, 02:16 PM
I must get a Wii! For this and several other must-play titles :)

Also, I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been playing Skyrim, Skyrim, and more Skyrim, and soon, I'll be playing Skyrim.

FishNChips
07-31-2012, 02:17 PM
I must get a Wii! For this and several other must-play titles :)

Also, I'm a bit late to the party, but I've been playing Skyrim, Skyrim, and more Skyrim, and soon, I'll be playing Skyrim.

You should play Skyrim when you're done.

Aetius
07-31-2012, 02:18 PM
Going to play deadspace 2 and see how fast I could beat it.

SirCoffeecup
07-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Going to play deadspace 2 and see how fast I could beat it.
Dead space 2 is quite good. Shame how it didn't really live up to the first one, but The revisit of USG really gave me the chills
Don't rush it man. Take it slow and it'll be more enjoyable ;)

FishNChips
08-01-2012, 11:30 AM
I wanna play some older, good games.

I wanna try BLOOD, but I'd have to fuck around with DOS emulators and they don't work for me. Mostly cos I find ways to fuck it up, such as having no sound.

Might try System Shock 2.

ChitterBox
08-01-2012, 05:39 PM
Picked up Ridge Racer 3D on the cheap with no regrets so far. I've been needing an arcade racer for some time apparently, cause playing it is pretty refreshing.

Kazekai
08-01-2012, 08:26 PM
I wanna play some older, good games.

Same, I plan to play Super Metroid and Monster World since both games are examples of my favorite kinds of mechanics.

Ibuuyk
08-01-2012, 08:31 PM
Started playing Divinity II this morning before I left for town, Imma resume it later when I'm not busy eeeeeeeeeing at everything my ferrets do.

nakattack
08-01-2012, 08:37 PM
..I should continue playing Mass Effect, I have the first two on my PC.
But instead, I've been playing.. Nothing.

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 08:39 PM
..I should continue playing Mass Effect, I have the first two on my PC.
But instead, I've been playing.. Nothing.

You won't be able to stop once you do.

Piece of advice for the series though. Do. Everything. It's important and most things you do have reactions in the later games. Even the smallest things.

Kitten
08-01-2012, 08:42 PM
My experience with Mass Effect has been boredom, confusion, cringing at the graphics, and then ragequitting when Wrex died.

It wasn't so much ragequitting about him dying as it was ragequitting at all my other teammates being too low of a level to be useful in combat at all.

nakattack
08-01-2012, 09:02 PM
You won't be able to stop once you do.

Piece of advice for the series though. Do. Everything. It's important and most things you do have reactions in the later games. Even the smallest things.
:P I played Dragon Age and I've spent so much time in those games just with miniquests.
The hardest part of this game is the fact that I'm not used to shooters, but that won't be that big of a deal.

Auwa
08-01-2012, 10:29 PM
I got Oblivion recently because I never played an Elder Scrolls game before and I didn't want to shell out $60 for Skyrim. I do not regret it.

Going to start playing Killing Floor soon whenever I get around to it.

Sinjo
08-01-2012, 10:33 PM
My experience with Mass Effect has been boredom, confusion, cringing at the graphics, and then ragequitting when Wrex died.

It wasn't so much ragequitting about him dying as it was ragequitting at all my other teammates being too low of a level to be useful in combat at all.

Graphics shouldn't weigh in on whether a game is good or not >_>

Kitten
08-01-2012, 10:37 PM
They looked like they were made of crappy CGI Play-Doh and Femshep's eyelashes were poking through her eyelids and clipping all weird. The graphical bugs were too bad not to ignore and I didn't find the story or gameplay engaging enough for me to look past them. I feel that it's a story that I would be more apt to go through in a book instead of a game, loss of story choices aside.

Sinjo
08-02-2012, 10:02 AM
They looked like they were made of crappy CGI Play-Doh and Femshep's eyelashes were poking through her eyelids and clipping all weird. The graphical bugs were too bad not to ignore and I didn't find the story or gameplay engaging enough for me to look past them. I feel that it's a story that I would be more apt to go through in a book instead of a game, loss of story choices aside.

The original mass effect is five years old XD

Also the story doesn't get super huge until later in the game and carrying your choices over into two is revolutionary.

Ah, well. Your choice regardless.

Ibuuyk
08-02-2012, 10:23 AM
I've downloaded tons of mods for Oblivion tonight, guess what I'm gonna play? That's right, Divinity II!

Sinjo
08-02-2012, 10:27 AM
I've downloaded tons of mods for Oblivion tonight, guess what I'm gonna play? That's right, Divinity II!

I hate doing that.

OH HEY I DOWNLOADED A NEW GAME.

BRB, PLAYING BATTLEFIELD.

Ibuuyk
08-02-2012, 10:29 AM
I hate doing that.

OH HEY I DOWNLOADED A NEW GAME.

BRB, PLAYING BATTLEFIELD.

Inorite xD?

"Ohey, I just received my Diablo III Collector's Edition! I'll just... reinstall Age of Empires III instead!"

I do that all the freaking time.

Tiger
08-02-2012, 10:32 AM
World of Warcraaaft, just finished my Molten Front dailies :P

FishNChips
08-03-2012, 04:07 AM
I will probably go back to Killing Floor for a little while

Let us marry.

uglytrolls
08-03-2012, 04:28 AM
minecraft mostly
im kind of gay for the new update so ive turned into a neckbeard because im playing it so much ew

SirCoffeecup
08-03-2012, 05:41 AM
Had some fun in Borderlands yay.

FishNChips
08-03-2012, 05:44 AM

Are you going to get Borderlands 2?

We should totally plae

Ibuuyk
08-03-2012, 10:16 AM

Are you going to get Borderlands 2?

We should totally plae

Oi you guise.

Let's play Borderlands 2 together :3

Drifloon
08-03-2012, 10:21 AM
A little underrated game called the 4 Heroes of Light on the DS. Cannot wait to finally join Steam in a month!

Aetius
08-03-2012, 02:29 PM
Playing Victoria 2 because I am in the mood to build cement factories.

Sinjo
08-03-2012, 02:41 PM
Working on quantum conundrum.

ChitterBox
08-03-2012, 10:28 PM
Picked up Theatrhythm Final Fantasy. Oh man it's like nostalgia mixed with a rhythm game <3.

Aetius
08-04-2012, 03:10 AM
Hearts of Iron 3 as germany. Poor Poland and Denmark.

Raevis
08-05-2012, 07:38 AM
A mix and match of Ar Tonelico 3, LoL, Runescape (boyfriend wants me to XD), and soon KH 3D (next week-ish... once I can afford it x3). And then various PSP and DS games I jump around on, but never really commit to. >_>

I'm looking forward to the NA release of PSO2. =D

Sinjo
08-05-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm going to be picking up Monster hunter tri again.

if anyone wants to play we can exchange codes.

Shane
08-05-2012, 02:53 PM
I mentioned earlier that I was going to install Steam. Well, I did, and I've been playing nothing but Spiral Knights.

Ibuuyk
08-05-2012, 05:05 PM
Found a cheap copy of Pikmin 2 at the pawn shop today, fuck yeah!

Raevis
08-05-2012, 05:20 PM
Found a cheap copy of Pikmin 2 at the pawn shop today, fuck yeah!

Fuck yeah. :D

Also, are we only counting video games? Boyfriend and I occasionally play rounds of MTG as well.

Kayla-La
08-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Evolution for the Dreamcast (this game is hilarious, especially the translation), Spelunky from XBLA, and I WANT to play the new La-Mulana and Suikoden Tactics, but can't right now for various reasons. I just finished up Xenoblade (which is incredibly epic and you should play it if you like RPGs at all).

Ibuuyk
08-06-2012, 05:10 PM
Figured I'd give Brink a try today. At first it was pretty cool, then it got hard as fuck because of the retarded AI and awkward controls and also because you're so damn weak at the beginning (also the accuracy system is broken).

So I did remapped the keys to make the game a lot easier, got used to micro-managing my teammates so they focus on one objective while I do the others myself, and did all the challenges in order to get ridiculously overpowered weapons.

Now I'm cruising through the campaign and quite loving it! Might forc-- suggest a few friends of mine to get it so I have someone to play with when I'm done with single player :3

Sinjo
08-06-2012, 05:13 PM
Figured I'd give Brink a try today. At first it was pretty cool, then it got hard as fuck because of the retarded AI and awkward controls and also because you're so damn weak at the beginning (also the accuracy system is broken).

So I did remapped the keys to make the game a lot easier, got used to micro-managing my teammates so they focus on one objective while I do the others myself, and did all the challenges in order to get ridiculously overpowered weapons.

Now I'm cruising through the campaign and quite loving it! Might forc-- suggest a few friends of mine to get it so I have someone to play with when I'm done with single player :3

I have it, I've just heard horrible things about it.

Ibuuyk
08-06-2012, 08:22 PM
I have it, I've just heard horrible things about it.

It's a pretty good game if you ignore the fact your teammates are as smart as retarded bricks and that the enemy has perfect accuracy and does headshots all the time.

From so far you can't even see them.

With SMGs.

Before showering your entire team with grenades and one-shotting every turret in sight and capturing every single command post within seconds.

Lee
08-06-2012, 09:39 PM
Currently I've started playing Shadow of the Colossus. I got the HD remaster a while ago for PS3 but never played it. NOW I AM, AND IT IS AS WONDERFUL AS IT WAS BACK ON PS2 SIX YEARS AGO.

Ibuuyk
08-06-2012, 09:57 PM
I ragequit Brink, then played Bioshock for an hour before I got bored. That game just doesn't attract me at all, what do people find so great about it?

AtomiKamikaze
08-06-2012, 10:01 PM
Actually, Pokemon Conquest. I'm really likin' it so far, Samurai + Pokemon = win in my book.

IkodoMoonstrife
08-12-2012, 08:53 PM
I ragequit Brink, then played Bioshock for an hour before I got bored. That game just doesn't attract me at all, what do people find so great about it?

For me, it was the erie atmosphere of Rapture that really drew me in, but once I had had my fair share of the atmosphere, the game started to get a bit repetitive... until the storyline started to get interesting later in the game.

ChitterBox
08-12-2012, 09:21 PM
Playing through Tales of the Abyss now. This will be attempt number four in trying to clear it before getting bored and stopping to play something else. Let's see how it goes~

Ibuuyk
08-13-2012, 03:31 PM
Been playin' Mount & Blade: With Fire and Sword since the day before yesterday. At first, I hated it but it's addictive as Hell. Then I kept playing and eventually got to gather an army of warlords and take over cities.

I like it now.