PDA

View Full Version : I keep getting Emails from the noreply

Baxterhusky
11-14-2012, 10:25 PM
I just created an account and now every 5-10 minutes I get an activation email, so far I've received 50.

Can you guys maybe do something to stop that, Its VERY annoying. :mad:

http://i.imgur.com/qN2av.png

Proof.

Nightpaws
11-14-2012, 10:44 PM
Could your browser possibly have submitted/still be submitting the account creation form multiple times? I got two as I thought it hadn't worked first time.

Baxterhusky
11-14-2012, 10:51 PM
No, I get one of these every 10 minutes.

Nightpaws
11-14-2012, 10:57 PM
Hmm... I'm not sure why that'd happen unless their mail system has gone wobbly... Maybe someone from staff can help with that.

In the meantime, I'd recommend setting a rule in your inbox to automatically trash/delete anything from Weasyl's No-Reply just now. Remember to unset that when it's fixed or if you need a password reset.
That should stop your inbox becoming full/unusable

Kihari
11-15-2012, 03:52 AM
We are very sorry for the annoyance. It seems that an automated script which sends out such emails was failing to remove them from the queue once sent, and thus they were getting sent over and over. We are working on an immediate solution to this issue.

UPDATE: After making some modifications we are no longer seeing these symptoms. We will continue monitoring the situation to be sure it keeps functioning properly.

Baxterhusky
11-15-2012, 05:47 PM
Thank you!