PDA

View Full Version : Ferret Applications Open

Fay V
11-12-2012, 07:41 PM
Hello, Weasyl users! Today we are excited to announce the opening of beta Ferret positions here on Weasyl!

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s25/FaileV/ferrets-3.png

Beta Ferrets will be responsible for browsing submissions in order to report bugs, report violations, and tag submissions as well as bug test the Ferret specific features as they are developed. Weasyl is committed to creating a quality site and upholding a search system which allows members to browse the site in a way that suits them. As a Ferret, you will aid the staff as we build our site.

We will be accepting 15 new applicants to the Ferret position. You can apply by filling out the application form here on our forums, available in the link bar at the top of the page. Applications must be in no later than Nov. 26 and all applications will be processed by Dec. 3. For more information about Ferrets please review our Ferret Document (https://www.dropbox.com/s/5rf5o2se7iulfji/Ferretsfd.pdf)
We look forward to the applications!

Artwork by: Stereo

TangoDelahunt
11-12-2012, 08:02 PM
I assume that the applications are going to be in this thread or will another one be set up for it?

Fay V
11-12-2012, 08:03 PM
The applications are open and available at the top of the page.

Nightpaws
11-12-2012, 09:19 PM
I've put an application in, and I hope that it says a lot more than my currently lacking profile on here says. :)

GingerM
11-12-2012, 09:30 PM
I'm considering applying to be a Ferret, but I'd like a bit more info on what the position will entail? For instance, is there an expected minimum number of hours per day/week/month?

Tiger
11-12-2012, 09:41 PM
I LOVE THAT PICTURE. SO MUCH.

Just sayin'.

Willow
11-12-2012, 10:17 PM
Not sure if I'll apply or not but if your birthday is a few days after the cut off does that still make you ineligible or would that be an exception?

Demu
11-12-2012, 10:39 PM
Good luck to all of the applicants!

TangoDelahunt
11-12-2012, 11:58 PM
And applied! Good luck everyone!

Fay V
11-13-2012, 03:07 AM
I'm considering applying to be a Ferret, but I'd like a bit more info on what the position will entail? For instance, is there an expected minimum number of hours per day/week/month?
From the Ferret Document "Reporting is essential to the Ferret position and we pride ourselves in good work and accountability. Poor reporting or refusing to follow protocol is unacceptable and multiple violations will lead to the removal of ferret status.
Additionally, while there is no set quota for reports, an extended absence from reporting without prior notification will lead to the removal of Ferret status. "
An extended absence will generally be considered 2 weeks without informing staff. Since work depends largely on activity on the site we don't want Ferrets to feel they must constantly report, as then we'll just get false reports when there aren't many violations around.
If the average person manages 10 a week, and you get 1 we may come and discuss it with you. However the intent is for someone to perhaps put in an hour or so every couple of days to really browse through the site.
I'm discussing with the coders about having the Ferret panel log times and actions.

Not sure if I'll apply or not but if your birthday is a few days after the cut off does that still make you ineligible or would that be an exception?

I am talking to the rest of the department staff about this. If you would like you can submit your application and we will keep it on file.

OVERLORD
11-13-2012, 08:42 AM
I have now applied for this position.

FishNChips
11-13-2012, 03:44 PM
I've been looking forward to this! :>

Nightpaws
11-13-2012, 06:26 PM
Good luck to all those who have applied so far! :)

ragscoon
11-13-2012, 07:21 PM
I have a quick question, in the Ferret document it mentions the eventual closing and re-opening of ferret applications, depending on the state of the site. If another ferret selection process was undertaken at some distant time would another application need to be filled out or would previous applications be saved for future reference?

Verona
11-13-2012, 07:35 PM
Applied as well!

Tiger
11-13-2012, 08:26 PM
Out of curiosity, will the Ferrets have any roles in the forums as well as on the mainsite? I know taking care of the mainsite is key to a Ferret's position, but in the Ferret document it mentions Ferrets have access to a special board on the forums and I didn't know if they would partake in any extra duties as a Ferret on the forums.

Also, is December 3rd the official day for Ferret announcements?

Ibuuyk
11-13-2012, 08:40 PM
I have a quick question, in the Ferret document it mentions the eventual closing and re-opening of ferret applications, depending on the state of the site. If another ferret selection process was undertaken at some distant time would another application need to be filled out or would previous applications be saved for future reference?

Continuing on this point, will ferrets have to reapply once the beta is over? As in, will they only be beta ferrets or will they remain ferrets once the site goes out of beta?

Fay V
11-14-2012, 01:21 AM
All the applications will be saved and we can look them over at a future date, but when we open for another round of applications you will need to file another application to show you are still interested and the info is still up to date.

Out of curiosity, will the Ferrets have any roles in the forums as well as on the mainsite? I know taking care of the mainsite is key to a Ferret's position, but in the Ferret document it mentions Ferrets have access to a special board on the forums and I didn't know if they would partake in any extra duties as a Ferret on the forums.

Also, is December 3rd the official day for Ferret announcements?
The ferret forum is there so we can give ferrets instructions for things on mainsite. There won't be any official stuff for ferrets to do on forums besides using it to get to know staff and stay in contact.

Dec. 3 we will have made our decisions. I don't foresee us announcing the new ferrets though we will make an announcement that those have been selected. I'll be sending messages to all applicants whether they have been selected or not.

Continuing on this point, will ferrets have to reapply once the beta is over? As in, will they only be beta ferrets or will they remain ferrets once the site goes out of beta?
No, ferrets will remain ferrets after the beta period unless something else happens to cause a change in status.

Nightpaws
11-14-2012, 08:50 AM
Thanks for the clarification. Those were some good points I hadn't thought of :)

11-14-2012, 02:09 PM
I just applied! I hope I get chosen :D

Shift
11-14-2012, 03:01 PM
My application has been sent forth, and I wish all the other applicants good luck.

Tiger
11-14-2012, 05:17 PM
The ferret forum is there so we can give ferrets instructions for things on mainsite. There won't be any official stuff for ferrets to do on forums besides using it to get to know staff and stay in contact.

Dec. 3 we will have made our decisions. I don't foresee us announcing the new ferrets though we will make an announcement that those have been selected. I'll be sending messages to all applicants whether they have been selected or not.

Gotchya. Very excited for December 3rd, then. c:

11-14-2012, 06:38 PM
I didn't see any sign that it went through-- is there a way to check and see if you got mine?

Fay V
11-14-2012, 06:58 PM
I didn't see any sign that it went through-- is there a way to check and see if you got mine?

We got it!

Taw
11-14-2012, 07:41 PM

It returns you to the forum home when you finish the application. I can possibly code in a simple page to direct people to once they submit their application though.

Nightpaws
11-14-2012, 08:46 PM
It returns you to the forum home when you finish the application. I can possibly code in a simple page to direct people to once they submit their application though.

Even just a one line "Thanks for applying!"would do just great!

Xam
11-15-2012, 01:37 PM
Application in! I hope it's ok that I sent it in before actually having a Weasyl account. I was sent an invite by a friend but I guess its taking longer to go through than anticipated. In any case I love the site and look forward to browsing it a lot ether way.

EDIT: Got my invite. Everything is peachy. :3

RadioCatastrophe
11-16-2012, 10:44 AM
I'm guessing the link has been removed? Ben told me you'd be looking but I didn't think it'd be this soon! And now it seems I've missed out on my chance to at least apply :P

Tiger
11-16-2012, 01:51 PM
I'm guessing the link has been removed? Ben told me you'd be looking but I didn't think it'd be this soon! And now it seems I've missed out on my chance to at least apply :P

http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/application-forms.php?appid=1

Is that the link you're referring to?

Fay V
11-16-2012, 03:23 PM
It's still there at the top of the page in the link bar. it's next to the donate button.

We'll keep it up (barring technical difficulties) until nov. 26 just like the announcement said

Nightpaws
11-16-2012, 04:46 PM
I think people are expecting to see it in the yellow banners which is throwing them off a little. The application button is in the horizontal menu at the very top of the site on the right hand side ;)

RadioCatastrophe
11-16-2012, 05:47 PM
When he said top of the page I assumed he was referring to the thread in sme shape or form. But thank you for pointing it out.

11-29-2012, 04:27 PM
It's almost December 3! -excited-

Xam
11-29-2012, 06:20 PM
Que epic music countdown.

I'm curious about just how many applicants there were.

Ibuuyk
11-29-2012, 06:37 PM
Que epic music countdown.

I'm curious about just how many applicants there were.

According to Fay, a shitload and a half! And that was barely a few days after the applications opened. Now who knows, there might as well be THREE shitloads of applicants :laugh:

11-29-2012, 07:26 PM
Darn. :<

Well, no, not darn. It's a good thing; it means a lot of people want to help out around here. Hope I get picked too XD

Skoll
11-29-2012, 11:34 PM
Whoever gets picked to do the job, will be not enough. That's why we gotta keep helping around the site as well, it'd keep the site better. We do not need a title or access to help around, doesn't mean that we should stop right here. And for the sake of the site, I really like this one more than others and I'm gonna stay, so I'm gonna help as much as I can so this site is a success, where others failed this one shall succeed.

Tiger
11-30-2012, 05:08 PM
So uh, it might be just me, but on the forum at the top, the box under the "Welcome to Weasyl!" one is still there, saying that ferret apps are still open. It's still up there on every page of the forum, too.

Ibuuyk
11-30-2012, 05:48 PM
So uh, it might be just me, but on the forum at the top, the box under the "Welcome to Weasyl!" one is still there, saying that ferret apps are still open. It's still up there on every page of the forum, too.

It's not just you, I think Taw forgot about removing 'em :B

Taw
11-30-2012, 06:04 PM
It's not just you, I think Taw forgot about removing 'em :B

Psh, did not! I totally left it there on purpose!

Nah, forgot to remove it when I disabled the applications themselves. My bad!

Eminoxic
11-30-2012, 06:11 PM

Aw you posted here about it? Now I can't get away with pretending I noticed it. :unsure:

Tiger
11-30-2012, 06:15 PM
Aw you posted here about it? Now I can't get away with pretending I noticed it. :unsure:

You could use your admin-y powers to change all the posts around :D

King Gigabyte
12-01-2012, 09:26 AM
Oh i'm too late.. I just found out about it and the link is no longer there.

12-01-2012, 02:26 PM
Whoever gets picked to do the job, will be not enough. That's why we gotta keep helping around the site as well, it'd keep the site better. We do not need a title or access to help around, doesn't mean that we should stop right here. And for the sake of the site, I really like this one more than others and I'm gonna stay, so I'm gonna help as much as I can so this site is a success, where others failed this one shall succeed.

^This. Rogue ferrets! :D

Wachhund
02-25-2013, 11:46 PM
Are there any plans to hire more Ferrets soon?
I just would like to help.

Fay V
02-25-2013, 11:59 PM
Are there any plans to hire more Ferrets soon?
I just would like to help.

There are pans to hire more Ferrets, but not particularly soon. We do not have an ETA on when that would be.

Wachhund
02-26-2013, 12:08 AM
There are pans to hire more Ferrets, but not particularly soon. We do not have an ETA on when that would be.
Ok, thanks.
I will keep my eyes open. ^_^

Damian
02-26-2013, 12:57 AM

Pans do the hiring? Well that's different.

Nightpaws
02-26-2013, 09:40 AM
Pans do the hiring? Well that's different.
Didn't you know? The pans oversee everything.

Zodiac
03-13-2013, 05:39 AM
I wouldn't mind applying when it opens again. :U

I just need to watch the forums more.