PDA

View Full Version : Registration Captcha

DieselWeasel
11-12-2012, 05:58 AM
I took a poke through the last few pages and didn't notice this so I thought I'd just leave a not here. When I joined I had a horrible time with the captcha and it took me several tries to finally get it. I usually am a pro at captchas. My 2 weeks were up today and I sent my mate an invite and the both of us could not figure out what the heck the captcha was and failed over and over again. He's not one for change so it took a bit of persuading for him to join in the first place and this nearly made him want to give up. He'd screen shot each new captcha and we just kept getting it wrong so it would say. Every try said we failed but afer awhile an email came through saying he was registered. We're not complaining but could there be any way to get a different type of captcha for future joiners? I know if I kept failing it over and over I'd say good riddance and give up after awhile. I just see this as possibly turning away possible future members.

foxboyprower
11-13-2012, 02:18 AM
Isn't the captcha a trace drawing thing? I thought it was easy. I'm guessing it was different so what was it for you?

Nightpaws
11-14-2012, 10:45 PM
I found mine pretty easy too. If you find them hard, just hit refresh a couple of times till you get one you like the look of, or one that's really easy!

RadioCatastrophe
11-16-2012, 10:48 AM
I found mine pretty easy too. If you find them hard, just hit refresh a couple of times till you get one you like the look of, or one that's really easy!

They aren't complaining that it's hard, and I believe the draw captcha was only for the forums (http://forums.weasyl.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?611-Spam-Filter-Intros-and-Quotes), but they're talking about it constantly failing on them constantly even when either the characters/text was entered correctly or the simple drawing was done closely to that of the image they were requested to trace.