PDA

View Full Version : Question on the Upload rules

Cael
11-07-2012, 07:17 AM
i want a lil thing cleared up before i get further than i have,

are we allowed to do Minecraft screenshots of say building we do If we can prove it's our own work ? as i do understand must F1 (to hide UI) No animals allowed in it but the "Ingame items' that mean items in the texturepack not relating to ones you made or? would Minecraft screenshots basicly limit to modeling of custom created skins (aka only thing what the admins on FA and DA allow)

and terms of the skins uploading 3D Models of them would require permission of the skin creator if your not the one made it correct or does that fall into the required use of collections?

RadioCatastrophe
11-08-2012, 11:11 AM
I don't see why you couldn't show off something you built in Minecraft, though I think it might get a little repetitive if you only made simple houses. Something along the lines of a whole map, dungeons, or really breath taking buildings would be awesome to see. :D

But I'm not mod so we'll wait and see what they take on this xP

Fay V
11-08-2012, 07:29 PM
At the moment structures made in minecraft are allowed to be posted using the default skins. The makers of minecraft have made it clear in their TOS they don't mind the copyrighted material being shared so long as it isn't used for profit, which means users can post it.
We ask that you screenshot structures you have made only, the cool house or whatever. Screenshotting default tools or animals requires no creative effort on the user's part.

If you have custom skins, either you are the creator of said skins, or you have the direct permission from the person that made the skins. Does that make sense?

This is for minecraft only at the moment, for other 3d works you need to permission of the copyright holder to post images.

RadioCatastrophe
11-08-2012, 11:21 PM
So second life would be allowed to? I know this was brought up elsewhere (FAF?) saying anything in the world is up for grabs, screenshot wise, would those be acceptable?

Fay V
11-09-2012, 01:33 AM
So second life would be allowed to? I know this was brought up elsewhere (FAF?) saying anything in the world is up for grabs, screenshot wise, would those be acceptable?
Only if you have permission to use it. You'd need to show the linden labs TOS releases the content of second lie to be used in things like screenshots, and you would need to show something which the user has displayed some creative effort.

We're thinking of minecraft like a box of legos that people used to show their creativity. This is a bit different from "lol look at this funny pic of me walking in game"

GingerM
11-09-2012, 08:36 PM
Only if you have permission to use it. You'd need to show the linden labs TOS releases the content of second lie to be used in things like screenshots, and you would need to show something which the user has displayed some creative effort.

We're thinking of minecraft like a box of legos that people used to show their creativity. This is a bit different from "lol look at this funny pic of me walking in game"

Having been involved in this discussion before, Fay, I can copy-and-link the relevant parts of the Linden Labs TOS if you like? Perhaps as a separate thread so it could be easily referenced?