PDA

View Full Version : Collections Suggestion

Magenta
11-02-2012, 08:14 PM
I was just using this feature for a couple of my commissioners and I noticed a
few downfalls, though I do love the idea in concept and the clarity of design.

I don't know if this has been suggested yet, but the "Collections" feature definitely has to have a request option.
Without a request (i.e. a person seeing a gift or commission which is done for them) users will have to sit down
and write out a private message every time they would like to add something to their collection. I think, they
as commissioners, and I as an artist, would definitely prefer a click-and-go solution to this.

It would also be really nice if they had Collection Folders so you can group characters and 'like art' together.

I saw a few people suggest that they'd like collection folders / art to appear on their front page. I agree with this
sentiment as long as it's a feature that can be turned off and on.

Thanks so much guys!
Really enjoying the site so far.

Thistle
11-03-2012, 10:47 AM
"Collections" feature definitely has to have a request option.[/B]
Without a request (i.e. a person seeing a gift or commission which is done for them) users will have to sit down
and write out a private message every time they would like to add something to their collection. I think, they
as commissioners, and I as an artist, would definitely prefer a click-and-go solution to this.

Agreed! At least one artist has uploaded commission work for me, and I'd love to be able to just click a button for both our convenience.

zenia
11-03-2012, 11:00 AM
Yeah, I've suggested a request feature. I thought there was one already and was going bonkers trying to find it. I did end up having to PM the artist and asking them to send me a thing so I could add it to my collection.

I can imagine that some users might be dicks and overwhelm an artist with bogus requests though.

taasla
11-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Or have the option to put collection images under a certain character profile. That would be awesome.

FluffKevlar
11-03-2012, 02:10 PM
This, this, pleeeease this!

GingerM
11-03-2012, 04:49 PM
Or have the option to put collection images under a certain character profile. That would be awesome.

I'd actually like a variation of that for character profiles - I'd like to be able to select either an existing item in my gallery or collections, OR upload from my hard drive.

Wuvvums
11-03-2012, 09:48 PM
A sort of collection folder would be nice, actually. That is after having the collections added to your page you can organize them as you please.