PDA

View Full Version : Idea: Share submission with Weasyl friends.

Twitch Cattz
11-01-2012, 01:19 PM
basically, a button on submissions which lets users share them with their weasyl friends, as in putting it in their new submissions page under category "shared by friends"

I think it would help spread artists around! :3 what do you guys think?

BigFatFae
11-01-2012, 02:45 PM
Considering the difference between friends and followers, I like it. But only if there's an option to turn it off.

Temrin
11-01-2012, 05:23 PM
Hm. I'm not really sure what is meant by this. Can you elaborate?

You can make a picture friends only so only your weasyl friends get an update when the picture is uploaded. (at least as far as i remember) They are also notified if they watch you and you make it public anyways.

So what would be significant about having a button on submissions to share it? Wouldn't the people on your list already see it, or am i missing the point?

To me when i am reading your post what i see is a share button like on FB where you can like, share something/repost it or something. I can see that getting annoying and bothersome with how some people are prone to share -everything- on facebook already which would, imo, turn to spam.

If i am getting it wrong, let me know. I'm just curious : )

RadioCatastrophe
11-01-2012, 06:48 PM
It could be a private collection I suppose? Or collaboration thing.. I don't think it's needed because of the Friends Only option as well as collections..

Twitch Cattz
11-02-2012, 01:27 AM
It's for if you come across something you think your friends would also like, so you hit the share button on the submission your looking at, and it puts it into people who are your friends inboxes..
it is not for your own submissions because those already get sent to your friends.

also, of course it can be disabled, just like nearly everything else already has enable / disable functions for that kind of thing. :P

and it gets put into a separate category, just like how new submissions and new characters are separated. (or it can have its own icon at the top like new journals)... anyways, it would be easy to nuke them or disable them... and its a good way to get everyone spreading art around...

Temrin
11-02-2012, 03:32 AM
Hmm, to me i'd find that a bit annoying. I think it'd turn this place into a wanna-be facebook i guess. I can see it getting spammed a lot and people not really taking the time to go through extra stuff anyways since they will already have to go through their inbox submissions, collections, and characters. I understand the reasoning why, but already on all the sites i am on, i get journals advertizing artists, and view favorites and submissions people post from other artists (or collabs), and here i get notifications of collections so different artists artwork is being spread around quite a bit already. I think adding another has the possibility of making inbox's really congested. More so then they already are with people joining and submitting a "million and a half" submissions a day. Even when things calm down a bit, by then people who are here will already watch a fair decent amount of people and having more things to go through wouldnt be fun.

My two cents anyways. This isnt to say that i dont want artists to get more attention, but i think thats what the collections are doing and will do well. Adding mroe might just make it cluttered. -shrugs-