PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Moving submissions in gallery

foxboyprower
10-31-2012, 06:12 PM
Weasyl has some cool toys for users to organize their gallery. But it's still missing an important tool that is essential to organization. Once artwork is submitted into the gallery, it cannot be moved around (At least I haven't been able to move mine around). On Deviant Art, it is possible for a user to simple click and drag the icon of their submission and rearrange their gallery.
This might not seem very important, but when working with chronological submission, it can be a big pain. Sometimes an older submission must be edited, removed, or replaced. If the work in the gallery was submitted in a particular sequence, the new submission goes on top. If this is one that was removed and resubmitted for some reason, it screws up the sequence. The only way I've been able to fix this on FA, was to perform the frustrating task of resubmitting all the work that goes after the altered submission so the submissions will be arranged in chronological order of the story once again.
Comics and stories especially need to be kept in a proper order for viewer convenience.
So... being able to move the work around in your gallery to rearrange it would be very helpful.

Taw
01-27-2014, 07:50 PM
Hi!

This issue has been added to our bug tracker. You can view and track the status of it here: https://redmine.weasyl.com/issues/140 - custom ordering of submissions