PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: "Scraps" feature/folder?

BillTheSetite
10-30-2012, 11:22 PM
Looked through the common suggestions and the first few pages of this subforum before I made this post; didn't see anything similar on a cursory glance so i'm sorry if this has already been suggested.

It would be nice to be able to mark certain submission (or maybe submissions sent to a certain folder) as ones not to be posted on the "Latest Submissions" list on the frontpage and/or not pop up as notifications for people following you. Since I'm an absolute barebones beginner, I'm doing a lot of basic shapes and simple sketches as practice, which i'd like to post for critique, but don't think warrant a spot on the submissions list since they're often extremely simple and whatnot. Having the ability to mark them - or anything sent to my "Doodles" folder - as "scraps" so that only people looking in that folder/on my profile/looking at submissions seeking critique have to see them.

I'm sure there are other people who have submissions they want on their page, but not things they want posted on the frontpage or whatnot. Is that perhaps something that could be coded in?

RadioCatastrophe
10-30-2012, 11:47 PM
Well on Deviant Art you could willingly watch someones scraps, and on FA only folks watching you could see when you uploaded them. I think an option to be updated about someone you're following uploading "junk" art would be nice since what would be the point of even uploading those pieces if you don't want anyone to see them unless they actively visited your scraps folder daily.

There's also been suggestions on an option of having an image not show up on the front page, or as a featured submission as the feature stands now.

Splash
10-31-2012, 06:13 PM
Well on Deviant Art you could willingly watch someones scraps...
I have to admit, being able to pick and choose exactly what I wanted to see from a user was one of the few things I liked about DA and I think it'd be great to have here. For example, if someone was prone to updating their journal far too often it'd be great to have the ability to watch their art and scraps but not their journal entries.

Fiz
10-31-2012, 07:28 PM
I have to admit, being able to pick and choose exactly what I wanted to see from a user was one of the few things I liked about DA and I think it'd be great to have here. For example, if someone was prone to updating their journal far too often it'd be great to have the ability to watch their art and scraps but not their journal entries.

You can do this though.

Settings -> Followed Users -> Edit Settings under individual users

Agreeing that we could use a scraps/scrapbook side gallery. I never delete my images, I just move them into scraps when I'm sick of them so I'd really love a scraps feature.

RadioCatastrophe
11-01-2012, 01:33 AM
You can do this though.

Settings -> Followed Users -> Edit Settings under individual users

Agreeing that we could use a scraps/scrapbook side gallery. I never delete my images, I just move them into scraps when I'm sick of them so I'd really love a scraps feature.

Would be nicer if it were like DA more where it was for individual users and not everyone you follow as a collective. Since like Splash explained, someone could update Journals too often.

Fiz
11-01-2012, 01:45 AM
Would be nicer if it were like DA more where it was for individual users and not everyone you follow as a collective. Since like Splash explained, someone could update Journals too often.

No, you CAN do this for individual users. The method I described was for changing individual user messages, not everybody as a whole. An example:

http://gyazo.com/bfd5285209115c7cb9516a13bcf17272

RadioCatastrophe
11-01-2012, 04:55 PM
Ah! I see now, a bit of a hidden feature xDI was thinking of something more along the lines of it pop-up as soon as you follow someone!There's still the default list of things you'd like to follow from a user, but it'd be nice if their settings pop-up before actually following or right after following.

Splash
11-02-2012, 08:15 AM
No, you CAN do this for individual users. The method I described was for changing individual user messages, not everybody as a whole. An example:

http://gyazo.com/bfd5285209115c7cb9516a13bcf17272

Ah, I didn't see that at all, either! Thanks!