PDA

View Full Version : Lots of Ideas

Duskfall
10-30-2012, 06:11 PM
Hi! I'm relatively new here, but I thought i'd throw out some ideas I had after signing up and going through setting everything up:

1. I love the Commission Info space! However, I have separate prices for my livestreams. I also have different categories for my livestreams. For example: pay what you can, freebie sketches, custom adoptables, and commission streams.

My first suggestion is:
A separate section for Livestream Information.
This would include: pricing, Livestream rating, streaming times, and category for it. I imagine you could go to a separate page to set up your livestream info from drop down boxes and it will show up on your front page.

2. An info section for personal websites, or websites leading off of the site for your commission information. Some of us have a ToS or just other things we'd like to link. It'd be nice to have that.

3. Clickable Links

4. This one could end up being a little difficult, however, I think it would be interesting to allow for .PSD files or .SAI files to be uploaded and the option for downloading. I say this because, for example, I have a custom adoptable that i've made a template for. It has multiple layers and normally I use it in a livestream to show someone what their color choices will look like. However, i've had some who are interested in doing it themselves, and I have to email the file to them. I don't mind sharing this file as it is a generic image used for color bases, but it'd be nice to have an option to upload here for users to download.

Apologies if any of these are already here or implemented. I've searched high and low, but I could also be blind x_x

-Duskfall

RadioCatastrophe
10-31-2012, 12:01 AM
As a "For Now" think, you can just use BBCode to make the link clickable.

Temrin
10-31-2012, 12:12 AM
I would suggest that if you have something different for a livestream, put that in a journal, since its "special case" commissions. Have it linked from the livestream itself. (use the overlay function in your studio if you are using Livestream or put it in your profile)
Because not many people have livestream special discounts and whatnot. Most people will advertize a special via journals before the livestream. (i personally dont think it needs its own page because i dont see many people doing it.) But thats just my oppinion anyways.

I do think that there should be more options on your profile settings to have personal websites and not just social media sites available. For now though, on your profile, you can create a website list and use the code available to create links to them.

If by "clickable links" you mean for it to automatically parse a URL into a link on its own, it is helpful to have it do this yes. I can agree to this. Though its not to hard to do the code for it. [ url ] URLHERE [/ url ]

The working file upload would be interesting indeed. I just use dropbox and link people to the downloadable files there. But having it on site would be handy, but would also take up a lot of room on the servers, having all these large working files being stored on it. So i think your best bet is to continue emailing it or use a service like drop box. : )

RadioCatastrophe
10-31-2012, 12:40 AM
Termin, it could be a prem perk if it won't be used a lot. ^^ But as for now journal announcements as well as one here would do for now.