PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Issue with making submissions (Literary)

Aduro
10-29-2012, 09:04 PM
Well, looking at it, I have this when I post something.

"Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed."---The message I get...
Can someone please explain what is going on?

And yes, I am doing everything correctly...although I have yet to make a folder.

Adding onto that, since that message I only get when I go through the composition instead of posting a file...
When I post a file, I get "Internal Server Error."
Can someone PLEASE explain what's going on?

Kihari
10-31-2012, 01:49 AM
Could you please send the file you were trying to submit to support@weasyl.com ?

Aduro
10-31-2012, 04:40 AM
....Having that said to me, is where my trust is drawn. I am an unpublished writer, and very paranoid about my works being stolen. While I'm not saying it'll be stolen, I'm saying that I'd personally rather not take that risk just to share my stuff on a site unless I know for sure that it won't be stolen.

Plus, apparently, whatever it is, it involves the site, NOT my files.

Edit: Actually I was wrong, somewhat. I was finally able to post it, but I had to post it using a .txt extension, I couldn't post it via Compose, nor could I post it directly from the original source, which was an .otd extension, Openoffice.org is my main writing program.
So apparently the "Compose" option has an issue with submitting copy-pasted stuff, and I can only post files that are .txt extensions directly from my computer.

foxboyprower
10-31-2012, 02:00 PM
I was finally able to post it, but I had to post it using a .txt extension, I couldn't post it via Compose, nor could I post it directly from the original source, which was an .otd extension, Openoffice.org is my main writing program.
So apparently the "Compose" option has an issue with submitting copy-pasted stuff, and I can only post files that are .txt extensions directly from my computer.

That's odd. I've been having the exact opposite problem. For me, submitting .txt files does not work, but copying and pasting content into the "Compose" option is what worked for me.
I wonder why that is... Maybe I'll have to try both methods again.

Kihari
11-02-2012, 08:16 PM
We do not currently support non-plaintext literary uploads, though we have experimented before with conversions from RTF and DOC files to a format that can be displayed on the site, and one of many things we would like to have working eventually.

Closing this thread as there are many others already geared towards literary submission uploads; we are also aware of upload problems users are facing and looking into resolving them.