PDA

View Full Version : [Literature] TXT files?

MilkJunkie
10-29-2012, 04:39 AM
As a writer from FA, I had decided to upload some of my writing to Weasyl, but... It says the submission file needs to be posted as a .txt?

It just looks sloppy, personally. I see what it's doing though, putting the story there ON the page to read. FA's system is a lazy download that wastes space.

Personally? I like InkBunny's method. I can upload the file, while also posting the file into a text field to post onto the actual page. Users can download it if they like, or read it there - it's also broken down into pages, so people don't have to see a GIANT block of text before reaching the description or comments...

I know things are in beta, but can we expect to see any sort of improvements or changes to literary uploads?

piņardilla
10-29-2012, 08:54 AM
It would be nice if you were able to at least do some BBCode style of enriched text markup in your text file.

foxboyprower
10-29-2012, 11:39 AM
I would agree with you. Also sofurry has some awesome writing tools. I think this place should take a lesson or two from sofurry when it comes to their story composing tools.