PDA

View Full Version : Art viewing irritation

Nordana
10-28-2012, 05:28 PM
While uploading some works I noticed that not all of them were showing up. After submitting a story that I gave the PG-13 rating to did not appear in my gallery. I suspected ether the site was glitching or it had to finish uploading to view like Bluecanvas. It became frustrating that checking in a few hours later that I could still not see it in my gallery. After the third attempt that I raised my viewing from general to PG-13 that I could finally see it and the other uploading attempts.

I can see this being a problem with those who have works of varying viewing maturity levels. What could work is if the viewing filtering system could work much like DeviantArt's or Nabyn's. The icon would be covered up with a symbol or with a NSFW label and still give the user the option to view it. Users can bypass it by raising their viewing rating and see the normal thumbnail instead.

Temrin
10-28-2012, 05:31 PM
I definitely do agree with having like a symbol or a NSFW cover/label instead of making them just not appear.
Though i can also see people who are underage and not able to view those things, finding it anoyying to see the lable. Perhaps an option to show the label or not show the submissions at all?

Nordana
10-28-2012, 05:45 PM
Perhaps an option to show the label or not show the submissions at all?

Great idea, but the person who uploaded the work must be able to view the work regardless. I accidentally submitted a work three times cause I could not see it in my gallery and cause I thought it was an error on the submitting process.

Temrin
10-28-2012, 06:38 PM
Its habbit to me now, that when joining a new site (even though i've been here since alpha so its not that new), i go through my settings first to see what is there instead of going and submitting things. Sure, when you submit something you'd expect to see it. So yes, that should be fixed. If it is your own work it should be an exception so that you can see it. If you draw it, its probably what you want to see. But perhaps someone just doesnt want to see other adult works.

a thought for the mods: i can see underage people having a hard time if they are trying to upload adult work (and since their account is locked to SFW stuff until they become of age) they still wont be able to view their work. I'm not sure if its in place, but can underage people upload mature art anyways? If they can then it should be disabled because if they are perma locked to seeing SFW stuff until they become of age, they shouldn't be able to upload it either? At least that would seem the logical route. -shrugs- Tis a thought.