PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Collections Feature. Is it required?

Kakusai
10-28-2012, 02:10 PM
I'm actually kind of confused with whether the collection feature is a required thing or not, and if it is, in some way I can sort of see that as a bad thing. While I think it's a good idea in theory to save on space and have artists/commissioners not need to re-upload things to the site more than once, I want to propose a scenario, and I'm curious to see how it'd be handle.

Let's say an artist and a commissioner have a rocky relationship with each other. Or perhaps after doing business with each other, neither of them wish to have any sort of contact with one another, but still want to showcase the art in their galleries. If everything gets linked to one picture, what happens if one side or the other has each other blocked? Who would get to reply back to the comments on the picture? I can see having the pictures linked to each other causing a big issue in that case.

If both artist and commissioner don't mind the picture being in either galleries, but don't want to be linked to each other either way (aside from giving credit, of course), is it alright for one side or the other to not link collections to each other? I'm really hoping this whole collections thing isn't a set in stone required feature, because I can definitely see that going downhill with some people. :/ Especially if one side blocks the other for whatever reason.

Fiz
10-28-2012, 02:41 PM
It's not required, it's just a preference. If one side is uncomfortable with linking to the other, it's fine. We would just prefer it that there weren't duplicate pictures on the site.

Kakusai
10-28-2012, 03:16 PM
It's not required, it's just a preference. If one side is uncomfortable with linking to the other, it's fine. We would just prefer it that there weren't duplicate pictures on the site.

Thank you for clarifying!