PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Site Preferences not behaving

Toastline
10-28-2012, 01:32 AM
When I go to the Site Preferences, I am able to select things in the drop-down menu under "Maximum Viewable Content Rating," however, if I choose anything other than "General," then whatever else I do on the page, when I click on the Save button, instead of working, it brings me to a page with a message stating "Whoops! An unexpected error occurred and your request could not be fully processed." It gives me buttons with the options "Go Back," and "Return to the Home Page." This happens in Chrome and Firefox.

It's acting odd in other ways, but that's the only thing that actually seems broken!

Taw
10-28-2012, 07:22 AM
This is probably because you have a birthday set that makes you younger than 18. If your birthday is set incorrectly or you are not of age, you cannot enable a higher content rating (as far as I know of; I don't do the mainsite coding).

If your birthday is set incorrectly you should email support@weasyl.com about it and get it fixed.

Hope this helps!

Toastline
10-28-2012, 02:33 PM
A kindly support-type person has enabled me to reset my birthday! (I believe it was set as being in 1910 before, so maybe a variable rolled over or something). Now it is solved. Thanks!

Kihari
10-29-2012, 04:23 AM
It was in the year 2029 as I recall; added a fix to prevent future birthdays. Also, please keep in mind that we require all users to enter their correct date of birth (for privacy, we won't post this information on your profile, and by default showing your age on your profile is disabled).