PDA

View Full Version : [SITE] Issue with Character Info Text Box

Sneak
10-27-2012, 10:08 AM
So, last night I was typing up a character description for my character and as I continued typing the Character Info box was sluggish to "expand" so as I typed a new line I was typing blindly before the window expanded to show me the new line I was typing.

I got tired of trying to type this way, so I just exited out of it and saved the character as-is and decided to work on it later when I don't have to worry about the non-expanding box. I went to work on it today, and the box actually cut off the last few lines of my character's information.

I am using Firefox, if that helps.

Here's a picture of the last line I can see when editing the description:
http://i49.tinypic.com/1247cq0.png

And here's a picture of where that line actually falls in my character's bio:
http://i49.tinypic.com/2gvouvp.png

Sneak
10-28-2012, 07:45 PM
Bampin' as I'm not sure it was seen!

Kihari
10-29-2012, 04:25 AM
One question: Was the data actually cut off (it appears to all be there in the second screencap), or did the textbox just fail to expand far enough to accommodate your viewing the entire contents all at once?

Temrin
10-29-2012, 02:43 PM
I have had the issue of when editing or submitting something, the text box eats the last couple of lines and i cannot expand it to view what -is- there (you can see its there when you select all and copy and paste elsewhere) but the text box itself doesnt expand enough to show all line of what you have written :/

GingerM
10-29-2012, 10:16 PM
I have had the issue of when editing or submitting something, the text box eats the last couple of lines and i cannot expand it to view what -is- there (you can see its there when you select all and copy and paste elsewhere) but the text box itself doesnt expand enough to show all line of what you have written :/

Agree, and I've had it eat the last few lines of my character entry, as well. Is there a max character limit?

Arctacia
03-11-2013, 07:51 PM
I would just like to add to this. When I was creating a character to add to the character section, while the description field allowed me to enter in as much as I wanted, upon submission, it truncated it to a fixed size. I tested this by attempting to type a little more where it cut it off and resubmitting. The truncated result is the same. (i.e. what I typed beyond cut off point was removed on submission) There appears to be a character limit in place in the description that is hidden to the user, or was simply set without intention or realization internally. In either case, it would be nice to know if this limit is intentional or not. And if it is intentional, there needs to be an indication of this to avoid data being removed without the user's fore knowledge.

skylerbunny
01-08-2014, 05:57 PM
All,

The problems described here APPEAR to be solved from the testing I've done (and this is a very old thread). If you should find that these pro blems still exist, please open a new thread in the Site and Support forum with specifics of what text you try to put into the description box, and how (displaying or editing it) fails on the main site.

Thanks very much!